collapse

Author Topic: VTMB Companion Mod Version 1x  (Read 76176 times)

Offline mouser9169

• Methuselah
Re: VTMB Companion Mod Version 1x
« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2015, 10:55:46 AM »
Comp mod lite lets you have Heather and Yukie as companions. You can send them back to your haven or tell them to stand still if you need to be stealthy.

At one point in the game, you'll be given permission to sire one Childe. It is possible to sire both, but you have to think about when that would make sense...

Personally, it's one of my favorite parts of Bloodlines now.
Insanity Mod: If you're not dying, I'm not trying.

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »
Comp mod lite lets you have Heather and Yukie as companions. You can send them back to your haven or tell them to stand still if you need to be stealthy.

At one point in the game, you'll be given permission to sire one Childe. It is possible to sire both, but you have to think about when that would make sense...

Personally, it's one of my favorite parts of Bloodlines now.

Yeah, I really enjoy this as well.

In fact, I also enjoy what Antitribu did in giving the range of options of who you wanted to ghoul or possess with the blood cup. Even though it wasn't possible to do on my first playthrough, just the idea of having Pisha and Vandal (sired) as companions while playing as a Nagaraja is awesome. The new gargoyle companion looks great, too. I'm sure if such a complete companion system had been in my original play throughs I probably would've had Jeanette and Bertram as companions.
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Sinistar

• Fledgling
« Reply #287 on: January 07, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »
I've been tinkering with Comp Mod 1.4 and have been adjusting some of the dialog for controlling companions to make it more "vampiric" in tone, especially for Malkavians.
But I have been trying to locate where in the mod I can adjust things to increase the companion limit past 7.

Has anyone done this before or know which file or files need to be adjusted?

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2018, 04:36:47 PM »
Hello everybody! This is my first post here, hoping to be the first of many (and because I'm not english tell me of any grammar error) :)

However.... I've recently gave a look at the mod and I think I find out a way to put it in any patch/mod someone want.

It seems to be a rather easy task (not as easy as copy-paste files though).... but I will tell you how if you want (and if it's okay for the original creator of the mod. I know someone can think it's a silly thing to say about an old mod but you cannot be sure enough)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 07:24:06 AM by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me (on changing my mind on deleting cheeks for a mod)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2018, 10:39:41 AM »
However.... I've recently gave a look at the mod and I think I find out a way to put it in any patch/mod someone want.

I find this very hard to believe. As far as I know the Companion Mod needs specific scripts on all maps, so unless you found a way to use e.g. the UP standard scripts unhidePlus() and IsIdling(), it should be a lot of work!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:41:50 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2018, 05:14:58 PM »

I find this very hard to believe. As far as I know the Companion Mod needs specific scripts on all maps, so unless you found a way to use e.g. the UP standard scripts unhidePlus() and IsIdling(), it should be a lot of work!

Then it's possible I made a noob of myself with all these premises  :rofl:

But my theory is this: the core of the mod (adding a companion by dialog, this appearing and following you in the levels, its AI) are text parts added INTO other files. Other "accessories" (possession, backpacks, haven posing, new costumes for companions, the new items) mostly are uncompatible or not important but are activated by dialogs so can be left over.

I took the UP 5.6 (which was built on) and removed identical files (not only by same name and directory but also by content) and then the "accessories" and confronted the remaining files. As an example: opening a .bsp map from the UP 5.6 with the VPKTool and adding the content from its relative addendum into the \maps\compmeta\ subfolder I got the same .bsp file in the Companion Mod folder.

These the files selected by this process:
\cfg\autoexec.cfg              LINES ADDED
\cfg\mods.cfg                   NEW FILE
\dlg\...                             THE PART I WANT TO REMAKE*
\maps\***.bsp                 SEE BEFORE
\materials\                       1 RELEVANT TEXTURE (the phrase CompMod 1.4 on the character sheet)
\python\                          SOME NEW .py ACTIVATED BY vamputil.py (WITH ADDED SOME LINES)
\scenes\                          NO IDEA
\sound\battlecries\           COMPANIONS BATTLECRIES
\sound\character\dlg\       NEW AUDIO FOR NEW DIALOGS

* I wanted also make a selection of NPC to add as companions instead of every human, vampire and hamsters. My initial choise was Yukie, Romero and the junkyard serial killer (and some others I later scrapped). Also my idea was to simplify dialogs (I'll just keep the modded .dlg as reference for the scripts and stuff).

I still have tested nothing: tell me if it's possible or if I should start putting a bag over my head :P

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2018, 06:09:00 PM »
\maps\***.bsp                 SEE BEFORE

This is what I meant. You need to change every bsp file with VPKTool which is a lot of work...

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #292 on: August 05, 2018, 06:52:41 PM »
This is what I meant. You need to change every bsp file with VPKTool which is a lot of work...

I was afraid that it was IMPOSSIBLE :D tomorrow or as soon as I can I will report this test :razz:

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2018, 08:29:28 PM »
I failed  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The game crashed on the map I modified for the test.

Whatever, I gave you what I come up with:
I've put in this archive the new files of the mod* and .txt files containing what theorically must be attached to the existing files. Maybe someone who actually knows something about coding and stuff can make it work. I've also added my notes and ideas. Enjoy.

* actually I've removed the alternate companions dresses and the audio files of the new dialogs. It would have took 10 more MB.... if needed check the original mod on the net
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:48:01 PM by Wesp5 »