collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: VTMB Bloodlines Model Editing Lessons  (Read 22292 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: VTMB Bloodlines Model Editing Lessons
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 07:34:52 pm »
I attached some images of the file I am working on.

Cool! So did you use the alternative sniper rifle texture for that?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 03:19:07 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Norrwin

• Ancillus
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 07:56:20 pm »

Cool! So did you used the alternative sniper rifle texture for that?

I was looking for the rifle texture and found something named rifle_camo.tth but I don't know what it is for as it doesn't fit the Bach rifle. But yes I did steal the camo pattern and fit it into the rifle_bach.tth texture. I think I have spent more time in Gimp than Blender so far, so much to learn!

Marked as best answer by MooCHa on August 20, 2020, 11:18:43 pm

Offline Marius217

• Neonate
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 04:06:59 am »
Greetings to all, See if you can help me. I have tried to get into Blender to modify some already established models. For example: shorten a character's coat and see that it works well in the Game. but when trying to Export the MDL Model I can't do it, I get: Model vertices Dont Macth Blender vertices.[/size]What can I do to make it work and fit the modified MDL file over the Original one?On the other hand, I have seen some models like the Lasombra 2 that are combined, the hat, the coat and the Character, they are independent of each other. How can I return the PC models in their entirety. since I can only transform the character but I cannot attract even the Hat and the coat. also when I use VAMPED 92 to export it to Blender.I hope you can help me. It really is frustrating. hahahahaha. A hug and stay safe. 

Offline RedRanter

• Fledgling
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2021, 09:50:28 pm »
I'm having issues getting Blender to export to *.mdl.

I have python installed to c:\Python25, the scripts are installed in \.blender\scripts,......but when I try to export the model (File>Export>Bloodline_All (x.mdl)) I get an error message stating "ERROR - Python script error: script quit, cannot run callback".

I verified my pyhton script path is set to .blender\scripts\

I have no idea how to proceed with fixing it.

So far I have:

1. Tried other versions of blender. (No luck)
2. Export the file as *.obj and then convert to *.mdl via 3rd party (game crashes).
3. Complete removal and uninstall of blender and python with a clean install in the following order:
    -Install Blender
    -Install Python
    -Copy Scripts
    -Run Blender for 1st time and update script menu

...still no luck.

Please advise.

Offline Sweetroll

• Fledgling
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2021, 05:08:44 pm »
Remodeled and retextured that Santa Monica serial killer guy a bit to make custom brujah with body armor. It's meh but it'll do. Maybe i'll make something better.
Spoiler for Hiden:

I used Blender 2.46, python 3.10.0 and scripts. Thanks again for all the tips and tutorials.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 05:11:15 pm by Sweetroll »

Offline V

• Fledgling
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2021, 11:48:57 pm »
Hi!, I was using the Blender 2.40 copy from the UP that includes the scripts, but it seems that 2.47 is better and the plugins work properly. Thanks for the guide. Cheers!  :cometome:

Offline Darkfury

• Neonate
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2021, 02:08:31 am »
Hi

i can not find python scripts as stated by second lesson ...got two of them or similar from Up patch and VampED but it dosn't work as blender can import a mdl i can work on it but can not export course it is saying there is no python scrypts installed just build in mods will work ...

PLEASE HELP  +can not find any link to those files  should be 4 of them ...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 11:08:32 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Darkfury

• Neonate
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2021, 01:57:53 pm »
Good Guides with this extra knowlege :

https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-modding/vtmb-models-everything-about-model-texture-changing/

just pasted this so somebody can have less afford searching forums  ...and by the way some question :

Is it possible to move one model from some mood (or created ,modified original ) in to other mood ?
As far i i try to understand how dir works  - if i extract original game file (using VampED ) too one location  -- A --- do modeling and then i will extract mod files in to other dir ---B---- and come back import my A mdl in to this --B---- dir will that work ? Or it will mess something ?

If not like this ,is it any other solution  to move models beetwen mods ? . Or if i just export from blender to new dir will that be enough ? I recently tryed but it had failed (game crashed) but dunno if maybe model was kinda crap...

Just trying to understand mdl ...  if the textures are separate and mdl contains just information which links them (or something)  mdl seems to be strict ..vertex , geometry data or Am i wrong?

Offline Darkfury

• Neonate
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2021, 07:39:02 pm »
Hi i recently trying to do some modeling (i came back to learning blender for some time) and got some questions - i did read some guides and all but still something strange happens all the time.

First did anything changed ? since this old lessons  ? As i can see all versions of blender have export for D3Dx use is that helpfull somehow? also for Direct X export ....So is any new version of Blender of any use ? for texturing or something  ? i did recently tryed to swich between versions of blender during work ....and that seems a messy but in some versions i can not even select some parts of wireframe to deal with UV maps....

Also i have read that when you use  a Gimp for texture editing it goes with extension DDs ...when i save to this extention will i  be able to work on it as Xcf file or JPG or is it just final before convertion to game engine by VPK tool?

I might bit sound chaotic couse i do try to find my workflow....

As for Directory if i save two texture files under directory will that mess up something do i need to have just one texture for a material ? so when edited original should be deleted ?

Also some of my texture do not appear under UV's how can i move them on top of texture  or attach them to a specific image? 
Also why my Blender just can save as  blablaba.tga.jpg  -why jpg ? when i try to save ?

Please help...

This is my work for War Games  -i did recently (apart for some others try's) i did some reserch and try to desighn some era clothing concerning fashion and feel of those hard times...

Again i did lost my work kinda as i can not see textures appearing in my blender 2.78 ver.  when i did all painting but had to come back to Blender 2.67 and it's all (well almost ) displayed in texture mode...   

Please need some advice...

Offline Darkfury

• Neonate
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2021, 02:24:35 pm »
I really wanted to contribute with some good model ...Especially for War Games mod..

So i did create this ...Completed all (almost path's as tutorial's saying._)

But still i can not load this model textured in to the game...

I can not make ttz files it 's saying VPK will add them automaticly but i can only convert DDs in to VTF's
And that 's all  Other button won't work --

Dunno if i did mix something on the way but my mdl work in game with new shape's...animates good etc..

Can not really now have any point of a direction how do i should get these TTZ from...

Probably no one will answer but please help with something...

Anyway here is full model before last change with some detail's...

Offline Norrwin

• Ancillus
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2021, 12:26:24 pm »
But still i can not load this model textured in to the game...

I can not make ttz files ...
Save your image files as Targa (TGA) then select them in file explorer and use context menu to convert them.

Offline Darkfury

• Neonate
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2021, 07:47:09 am »
Norrwin

Ach thanx! i missed this somehow i convert from tga....Right ....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal