collapse

Author Topic: VTM: The Final Nights (Team Camarilla International)  (Read 110141 times)

Offline Chip Boundary

• Fledgling
You do a great job Zer0 and I'm gonna go ahead and throw it out there.....I have a very basic understanding of re-writing command line code and the like but if you need anyone to do some "grunt" work for ya...if I can help I will.
"At no time is freedom of speech more precious to a man, than when he hits his thumb with a hammer." ~Ano Nymous

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." ~Ano Nymous

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
    • Team Camarilla International
<<Repost from the VtM: The Final Nights Forum>>

Our NEW ModDB page, check it out if you wish!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtm-the-final-nights

As promised, here are some of the other places in Santa Monica I've been working on, just to get some newness back into the game, which is why we're making TFN in the first place!

The NEW Bailbonds Sign

New Animations for Arthur, like typing on the keyboard

Another new animation, Arthur drinking a beer

We decided to go with the shaved face and lightened glasses look, keeping the red shirt

The NEW Smoke Shop sign
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:41:40 AM by Zer0Morph »

Offline Maxus Corvin

• Methuselah
  • As of yet, only half evil...
Hmm, that looks great.

Are you still thinking about making the Crackhouse into a sort of Setite Temple? If so, I'd love to do some writing for that. Granted, I might need to read up on the clan more than I have, but I would want to do it just as much justice that Redemption seemed to.

Offline Made in China

• Fledgling
Hey, just wanted to say this looks awesome. Very awesome. All of it - and for me, that's a major problem. "Why?", you ask? Because simply being awesome in a video-game, with an all-powerful God among men is never as good as playing a good developed character, with awesome unique abilities and yet with a flaws and a more human side (even if that character is, indeed, an inhumane killing machine\vampire).
So, I just wanted to say I expect some restrictions on the playable clans. For example, in the original VTMB, Nosferatu characters couldn't improve their appearance attribute, and some histories impeded the development of some disciplines in exchange for bonuses, or improved effects in other disciplines. As weird as that may sound, I expect to find this kind of things in The Final Nights, because it makes character selection and emersion much more deep.

Also, Apep's Semblance (tier 3 Serpentis) could use a little work. I'd say, cut the ears completely off the model or replace them with holes in the skull, and give it humanoid hands instead of claws, because right now it seems like a green werewolf. I belive those changes will give it a more humanoid snake look.

I'm saying all of this because I think this mod will be really good, but those little problems seperate a good mod from a great mod - so unfortunately, I have to pick on them (but it also means that I haven't spotted any major problems, so hurray!).
Also, I hope I do not sound too demending. I just spot flaws and point how I think they should be fixed, because pointing out all the goodness I've seen in this mod would take me much more time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:27:59 PM by Made in China »

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
I appreciate the kind words China!

As far as the clans go, each clan does in fact have weaknesses unique to their clan. Example would be the Baali with their incredibly evil souls receive a -2 to Humanity
at the beginning of the game, and cannot raise their Humanity past 8, however they receive a +1 bonus to Intelligence. On the other hand the Followers of Set clan
suffer a -1 to all soak feats when in any form of light, but they can use Serpentis in dialogue and receive a +1 bonus to Persuasion.

I researched the PnP weaknesses of each clan and tried to bring them over to the source engine as best as I could. I had to take some slight liberties to make some of
them work but all in all I'm pretty happy with them.

I finally got Blender to work about 2 weeks ago and successfully modded my first model so I will see what I can do for the Man/Snake model. I like your idea about the
ears and if I can make it look good I will do it. Problem is I'm just not a good modeler, Blender is tough to work with so we'll see what I can come up with.

Again thanks for the honesty and I hope we live up to your expectations!  :rock:

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
The NEW Research Books
The bartering system and research books are being handled differently in TFN. Research books are no longer found, but purchased instead. The bartering skill has been completely revamped making it a very viable option to build your character around, and purchase unlimited research books using money and using your bartering skill. No longer is barter a waste of XP and no longer will you find yourself heading straight for the research books right at the beginning of the game which seems to break immersion of roleplaying. You will now find research books sellable by new fully voiced and interactive NPCs scattered throughout the main zones, created specifically for TFN.

Here's a breakdown of each book...

Low Grade
Computers for Grandma - Raises Computer Knowledge
The Art of Impossible - Raises Dodge Talent
GUNS, Who Should Have Them? - Raises Firearms Skill
Hiding in Plain Sight - Raises Stealth Skill

Mid Grade
Fight for your Life - Raises Brawl Skill
Get Rich Cheating - Raises Finance Knowledge
The Complete Book of Knife Fighting - Raises Melee Skill
The Complete Book of Locks and Locksmithing - Raises Security Skill

High Grade
The Cowboy's Guide to Cyberspace by Case - Raises Computer Knowledge
Bad Monkey No Banana - Raises Dodge Talent
The Gun Digest Book of the GLOCK - Raises Firearms Skill
Medieval Combat - Raises Melee Skill
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:09:57 PM by Zer0Morph »

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
Akeem the Assamite Vizier (NEW NPC)
Meet Akeem the Assamite Vizier who's come to LA seeking certain relics of interest. This 400 year old Kindred can be a friend or foe depending on how you address him. He is one of the Research Book sellers, will tell you all about the 7 new TFN clans in detail, and will even give you Side Quests to expand your adventure. He is fully interactive in every way including brand new dialogue and voice files designed and spoken by our Writer/Voice Actor 'Scarecrow'.

Always wearing a half smile on his face, as if he knows something you dont...

Akeem looks like he's taking a dump here, but really I just took a bad screenshot, lol.

This model originally didn't have fangs, so we had to use Blender to add them.

I spent like 3 days in Photoshop getting Akeem's face exactly how we wanted it. Scarecrow kept saying "Remember as Assamites get older their skin grows darker" so getting the perfect blend of wrinkles and darkness were esential to making Akeem legitimate to the PnP game.

Here is a full body shot of Akeem. He picks black and dark red as his colors of choice. Also if you notice he's wearing a hood, as do the Tier 4 Assamite player models so that worked out VERY well.

We hope you enjoyed these screenshots of Akeem. I hope to have a full video of him speaking, fighting, handing out Quests, and other features soon. Getting the lip movements synchronized with the voice files has taken alot of time so once that's done we'll be in good shape. Enjoy!

Offline Ice

• Neonate
Pretty cool stuff with Akeem. He gonna have any other Assamites nearby lying in wait for anyone who means him harm, like warriors Obfuscated?

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
Re: VTM: The Final Nights (The latest from Team Camarilla International)
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 06:43:28 AM »
Probably not IceCube, we aren't merging TFN with Companion Mod so your character will be alone for the entire game and Akeem can more than handle himself. However we are giving the player the chance to fight/kill/be killed by Akeem at any point in the game so he won't be like many of the other major NPCs in the game that you can't attack due to "Elysium".

Thought I'd take some quick snapshots of the Osebo male model I've been working on for months. I started him back in March and I knocked out the Female Setite tonight, it's time to revisit him.

This is the Tier 1 model, I added biker gloves for an extra touch of kick ass!

Put up your dukes panzy boy! I gave him a nice 5'oclock shadow, I really like the effect.

Here's an character sheet screenie, notice the ripped jeans? Sweet!

Here's a closeup of his face in the Tier 2 outfit. I ended up going with undead style eyes for both male and female Osebo because I wanted to give them that "Void of Humanity" look as all Osebo have a strong urge to kill and commit crime. Osebo have no conscience...

Another character sheet screenie of Tier 2, damn this dude just looks mean.

Here's a quick shot of the Tier 3 model. Like the smiley face? I added that tonight for a bit of comic relief for such a serious character. What's he looking at exactly?

Now for the Female Setite Skins...

Ok so here's another awesome screenshot I took of our Setite chick. This is still Tier 1 except I gave her greener style eyes and added an egyptian tiera to her head. I was amazed at how much it improved the model in my opinion.

Here's a screenie of our girl in the Tier 2 outfit, again the tiera really brings it all together.

The amount of detail I must say is amazing, I must've spent double the time creating the chick Setite than I did for the male. The male seemed much easier to reskin, where the detail needed to make the female exceptional was alot tougher.

Here's a character sheet shot, notice the highrise sexy goth boots I put her in?

Here's the Tier 3 skin I made tonight, just finished it. The more I reskin her the more attracted to her I'm getting, I mean come on, this chick is turning out to be super hot! (As a Setite should be)

A character sheet shot, like the new Egpytian textured dress? I can't wait to play her in a real game, paired up with Serpentis these skins are really going to make you feel like you're playing a legitimate version of a Setite.

Hope you guys like the screenshots, more to come of course! :)

Offline Ericone11

• Fledgling
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 10:40:49 AM »
Like the screens very much.  Amazing amount of work.  Looking forward to the release.

Offline SoniMax

• Fledgling
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »
me 2 :D

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm finishing up the male Osebo Tier 4 today, and with that done we will have both Osebo and Followers of Set both male/female sets completely done. Just
hope Shacar can normal map these.

Offline WhiteRussian

• Society of Leopold
  • Methuselah
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 06:09:47 PM »
Wow.  This is pretty fucking impressive.  :rock:
If you love something let it go. If it doesn't return, hunt it down and kill it.

Offline Maxus Corvin

• Methuselah
  • As of yet, only half evil...
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 07:06:18 PM »
Hot damn. That female setite skin, wasn't what I was expecting, but I love it anyway. Are you still going to use the model with the long jacket?

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 12:58:11 AM »
Hot damn. That female setite skin, wasn't what I was expecting, but I love it anyway. Are you still going to use the model with the long jacket?

Thanks WhiteRussian!

I hope thats a good thing then? LOL   Yes I'm using all of the models from the original vanilla game, not necessarily in the same order (female setite case in point), but they
will all be used. The Salubri may be different however, the Malkavian vanilla skins are proving tough to work with so we may need to step outside the box to compensate.
We may end up making Salubri a female only class for a playable clan because I don't think we'll be able to find a suitable male model. We'll see how that turns out when
the time comes.