collapse

Author Topic: VTM: The Final Nights (Team Camarilla International)  (Read 102830 times)

Offline ArchmageJoda

• Fledgling
Re: VTM: The Final Nights (Team Camarilla International)
« Reply #330 on: November 14, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
So basically, I want to specialize rather than generalize in TFN 1.5. Like, all for Persuasion rather than trying to go for Persuasion and Seduction both, and all in on Quietus rather than trying to have my Quietus and Auspex too, as examples? (I am most interested in playing either an Assamite or a Salubri, hence those examples)

Offline butete09

• Fledgling
« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2018, 03:15:17 AM »
First off, great update zeromorph! The game is oozing with flavor due to new clans and clan specific dialogues! I wanted to run a new game with a different clan but want to make it easier the second time around. Is there a way to use the -console cheat so I can give my new character extra hacking skills and perception?

Im a using a Gog base with TFN 1.5 HD. Tried adding -console after -game tfn but the cheat didnt work, added it in front but got the same error. The -console menu opens at the menu page but says error.

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
    • Team Camarilla International
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2018, 03:58:54 AM »
So basically, I want to specialize rather than generalize in TFN 1.5. Like, all for Persuasion rather than trying to go for Persuasion and Seduction both, and all in on Quietus rather than trying to have my Quietus and Auspex too, as examples? (I am most interested in playing either an Assamite or a Salubri, hence those examples)

With the Assamite Vizier caste, their clan bonus/weakness is specializing in something so they sound like exactly what you'd want to play, especially if you want Quietus. Picking a history that already gives you Persuasion, Seduction, or whatever it is you want to specialize in, will then give you a bonus discount to experience in that given field allowing you to go all in for the feat of your choice. You can specialize and go all in for any clan, but Assamite is by far the easiest. You'll create an imbalanced character but that doesn't necessarily mean that's a bad thing. In fact, I kind've like imbalanced characters because it gives a certain flavor and knowing I'll be amazing at something, but so bad in something else that I can't even complete a quest, is okay by me.

First off, great update zeromorph! The game is oozing with flavor due to new clans and clan specific dialogues! I wanted to run a new game with a different clan but want to make it easier the second time around. Is there a way to use the -console cheat so I can give my new character extra hacking skills and perception?

Im a using a Gog base with TFN 1.5 HD. Tried adding -console after -game tfn but the cheat didnt work, added it in front but got the same error. The -console menu opens at the menu page but says error.

Thanks brother! I've got good news for you man, with the new .exe that comes with 1.5, you don't need to put -console anywhere, you automatically can access it in game. Once you've made your character, just open the console with ~ and type in "giftxp 100" without the quotes. Type in the number that you want for XP and you're off. You can do this to play test powers as well so you don't have to wait to see what the new ones do, or of course, you can wait and be surprised. :)

Offline butete09

• Fledgling
« Reply #333 on: November 20, 2018, 04:08:23 AM »
Thanks! Now I can get to experience a tank build courtesy of Saulots blood!

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
    • Team Camarilla International
« Reply #334 on: November 21, 2018, 12:07:01 AM »
Thanks! Now I can get to experience a tank build courtesy of Saulots blood!

:rock:

Offline ravenascendant

• Fledgling
« Reply #335 on: December 07, 2018, 04:20:48 PM »
Bug reports:

The heat vision effect in Obeah overrides the auras from auspex. Does not matter which order the abilities are used in. If this is a hard coded limitation that a mod can't fix, i would suggest removing the effect from Obeah. (maybe changing it from the heat vision effect to use very low magnitude auspex visual effect, hopefully the higher lvls of auspex would override that)

The loading screen text for the Samedi describes their smell as "intoxicating". Intoxicating smells are positive. https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/intoxicating  A toreador might have an intoxicating smell, a walking corpse should have a noxious smell.https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/noxious

the online banking for the hunters in the skyline apartments has a humanity loss. If i can kill them, loot their corpses and rob thier safe of a one of a kind invaluable text with no consequence, why does taking barely enough cash to cover dinner from their bank cause humanity loss?

This is not a bug, more of a design philosophy critique: Why does it get easier to lose humanity the lower your humanity gets? Watching a murder shouldn't have much impact on someone that views Kine as livestock or raw materials. A high humanity Salubri standing by while an innocent gets murdered... they should take a humanity hit.  Just like with ppl it is the soccer mom that will get nightmares from witnessing a shooting, not the hit man, who has done worse themself.