collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 119472 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #900 on: January 31, 2023, 03:01:52 pm »
Somebody just posted this link on RPG Codex. It sounds amazing! Maybe some of the known NPC voices in this mod can be emulated by this?
https://vocaroo.com/19GdrrBtIGXd

Looks like this site implies a recording of live voices, but not a recording of voices based on text...
I have no idea yet how this was created, but I assumed they were using text and a KI version created from sample voice lines they took from the game.

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #901 on: February 01, 2023, 04:19:58 pm »
Some years ago, nvidia was working on a 'speech to speech' program that took a original set of 'training voices' and a voice actor 'new voice over' and recreated the second as if it was said by the first.
I always thought this was ideal for mods that make a bit of effort, for instance the CQM where most new voice acting already follows the intonations and 'manner of speech' of the original characters, in order to make it more seamless yet.

For some reason, i haven't heard more of that. To be fair, it's quite awful technology for making deep fakes.

Anyway, obviously, this kind of technology can also be used for 'new' characters if you take a sufficient voice over training set from random media from a actor and then use it as a 'new npc' with your new voice lines.

I suspect this is playing with fire in america and other parts of the world though, for obvious reasons of you getting sued to hell and back. For the original game it shouldn't matter since it's a derivative work from something already bought, if the people involved are sane, which they might not be.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 04:25:34 pm by SCO »

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #902 on: Today at 08:03:16 am »
A part of this mod/game i remember i had to reload almost every time i try is during the sidequest in the paris library where you have to run around finding the address of the family of the hunter (iirc).
For some reason, that is probably something programmatic, it's really really easy to make the items you have to click bug out iirc. I think it's maybe because i use the mouse to 'use' things. Or maybe i was imagining things. Regardless, this is a old memory, from about 6 months ago, but it's maybe something you can test by teleporting and activating the quest before entering the library.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal