collapse

Author Topic: The Undisciplined Caitiff Mod Preview  (Read 160 times)

Offline Norrwin

• Fledgling
The Undisciplined Caitiff Mod Preview
« on: November 11, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »

The cutscene is video editing not ingame, played to verify it worked ingame and edited into video just for fun.

I'm not an RP or WoD person but tried basing mod on my understanding of what I researched on White Wolf Wiki.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Norrwin

• Fledgling
Re: The Undisciplined Caitiff Mod Preview
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 11:01:51 PM »

Your quest it so rise above the circumstances of your embrace and make something of yourself in Kindred society.

But even beyond the details of your embrace you are both cursed and blessed so beginning your new life can prove challenging.

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 07:53:30 PM »
Looks interesting. I don't know how others feel about it, but I like to play interesting and challenging mods =)
Are you  planning creating to do additional quests or something else? )

Offline Norrwin

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »
Looks interesting. I don't know how others feel about it, but I like to play interesting and challenging mods =)
Are you  planning creating to do additional quests or something else? )

I want to have interesting things but am finding it difficult to think of interesting things. I never considered adding quests though as have never done that and it seems beyond my grasp at the present time. Even doing small things takes me quite a while, just getting the correct sire and clothing in the opening cutscene took days.

My original playthrough with this idea was just on a True Gold patched game and RP rules, no disciplines ever, only unarmed no weapons ever, and no blood bags ever (including Odius Chalice). That was probably too challenging and didn't work anyway because I forgot that you need to use a weapon to get past the one room in the Fu Syndicate (but I cheated that rule and am at the Ming-Xiao fight).

Currently you have a unique set of disciplines and your access to them is timed depending on how you play the game and what decisions you make and that is the core concept. A few of the quests play out different than originally but maybe such a small thing that people would not notice as 90% play as original. So far I have worked my way through about half of the Downtown content and am working on one idea for the Skyline apt. that seems like a small thing but is turning into a ton of work, I suppose that is normal for modding though.

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 07:39:25 PM »
I want to have interesting things but am finding it difficult to think of interesting things. I never considered adding quests though as have never done that and it seems beyond my grasp at the present time. Even doing small things takes me quite a while, just getting the correct sire and clothing in the opening cutscene took days.

I've everything on the contrary - usually I come up with something interesting, but everything is broken about what-either it can not be implemented, or it is difficult to understand... but it will be interesting if you will have some unusual quests for the Caitiff )

So far I have worked my way through about half of the Downtown content and am working on one idea for the Skyline apt. that seems like a small thing but is turning into a ton of work, I suppose that is normal for modding though.

I understand you perfectly, because I'm also now trying to implement one of my ideas... it looks simple, but at the same time very difficult to do, especially when there is little knowledge for how craete this...

Anyway, thanks for the answer! )