collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Red eye mod  (Read 9309 times)

Marked as best answer by on July 16, 2020, 08:10:35 pm

Offline [archive] freakinbloodmonkey

• Fledgling
Re: Red eye mod
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:01:00 pm »
  • Undo Best Answer
  •                 1:Can anyone post me a link of a mod (for the character im playing with - toreador) that changes my chars eyes to red?

2:Or give me instructions on how to give him red eyes? (i'd rather see the first option fullfilled)

Thanx 4 yer time!                        

Offline [archive] MaxusCorvin

• Ancillus
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 01:10:00 pm »

freakinbloodmonkey posted:
    1:Can anyone post me a link of a mod (for the character im playing with - toreador) that changes my chars eyes to red?

2:Or give me instructions on how to give him red eyes? (i'd rather see the first option fullfilled)

Thanx 4 yer time!

Well, there are a few "Red Eye" options in the game, and they can be used for the character. If you want, I can make and send you the files you'll need to give the Toreador red eyes. If you want a few screenshots to see which options you'd like, that is possible too.

Only thing is, unlike some games, custom eyes really isn't possible.                        

• Fledgling
    « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 01:23:00 pm »

MaxusCorvin posted:
    1:Can anyone post me a link of a mod (for the character im playing with - toreador) that changes my chars eyes to red?

Thanx 4 yer time!

Well, there are a few "Red Eye" options in the game, and they can be used for the character. If you want, I can make and send you the files you'll need to give the Toreador red eyes. If you want a few screenshots to see which options you'd like, that is possible too.

Only thing is, unlike some games, custom eyes really isn't possible.

Please, send them to me! grin
     And the screenshots to.

P.S: What did you mean with: ''Custom eyes really isn't possible.''?                        

• Ancillus
    « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:57:00 pm »

P.S: What did you mean with: ''Custom eyes really isn't possible.''?

Well, for most other games(such as KOTOR), the eye texture is easily editable. For Bloodlines, you can't edit the existing eyes, or use new ones. Trying to do so causes the model to have a black/purple checkerboard texture.

Heres the screenshots:

option 1:

option 2:

Pretty much the same eyes the Sabbat use. It might look a little better with the eyeball texture being black, if you think so too, that's easy to fix.                        

• Fledgling
    « Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 02:07:00 pm »
                    I like option 1, can you give me that one?                        

• Ancillus
    « Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 02:12:00 pm »
                    Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?izwmmrik4gf

Just check the readme for where to put the files.                        

• Fledgling
    « Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:16:00 pm »
                    Thank you very very much, every time i have a question or problem your there to fix it, you'll have my thanks! grin                        

Offline [archive] RR_DF_RaptorRed

• Fledgling
    « Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 10:33:00 pm »

MaxusCorvin posted:
    Well, for most other games(such as KOTOR), the eye texture is easily editable. For Bloodlines, you can't edit the existing eyes, or use new ones. Trying to do so causes the model to have a black/purple checkerboard texture.

Forgive me if I got what you are saying completely wrong (I usually only just lurk around here).. but you in fact CAN add new eye textures, specifically the iris, in Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines. I have done it many times myself. Here are examples of 3 I've done recently for myself.

All you need to do is make sure the eyeball_l.vmt and eyeball_r.vmt point to the right location and you can add the line
     "$vampire"   1
     to each to make the eyes glow as well.

Again, forgive me if I misunderstood you.

-----signature-----
               "Keen incisions, I deliver! Unscathed organs, I delliver! Repossessions, I deliver! I'm the Repo, Legal Assassin!" - Repo : The Genetic Opera
     http://avp.raptorred.com

• Fledgling
    « Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 01:09:00 am »

Zer0Morph2000 posted:
    Hey those are pretty cool, nice job, I really like the brown and green glowing ones. Of course you'd be a walking Masquerade Violation. happy

True enough lol, but hey, it looks cool lol. I'll go with MaxusCorvin's excuse of "they're just contacts"! =)

MaxusCorvin posted:
    Well, I did mean that as far as I've tried, it doesn't work, or isn't possible. But I suppose with whatever method(which I would love to know, if you don't mind sharing the process) you used, it was something different than what I did. I did manage to make a new eyeball texture(specifically the "Demen" one, which seems bugged, in that the texture won't show in the regular game - meaning once extracted from the vpk files, not in the game, where it is unused, as far as I know).

Ok, let me try to recall exactly what I did..

First of all, I just extracted one of the used ones from the game, doesn't matter which, just to get the file size and position. Made the texture, saved it as a dds, converted to tth/ttz with VPKTool of course... have to make sure you open the tth(the header one) with VPKTool and set the ClampS and ClampT so it doesn't tile.. and really save those files to whatever folder you want to, I usually just throw them in the same folder where my skin is rather than use the actual eyes folder.. but it doesn't really matter..

Now the reason yours didn't work I think is the eyeball_l.vmt and eyeball_r.vmt. Both of these MUST go in the skin's folder, ie:
     C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\materials\models\character\pc\female\tremere\armor0

and inside them it should look something like this :

"Eyes"
     {
        "$basetexture" "models/character/eyes/darkeyeball"
        "$iris" "models/character/pc/female/tremere/armor0/ilona_green"
        "$vampire"   1
     }

though as I said, you don't need to have the "$vampire"   1 as that only makes them glow. All paths in VMT files are relative to the materials folder, so these ones are in the vampire/materials/models/etc.... and as you can see, in the VMT I only put the models/etc...
     for the $iris, the last part is not another folder but the name of the tth/ttz files, so under

C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\materials\models\character\pc\female\tremere\armor0

I have ilona_green.tth and ilona_green.ttz in that folder. Also I'm not sure if / vs \ makes a difference in the VMT but I know it works this way for sure lol.

I will say this for the source engine, be it the alpha, orange box or episode 1.. VMT's make things easier but at the same time harder to track down problems lol. Whenever I mod for HL2, L4D, or Vampire, I usually have to backtrack each skin at some point to get it all working =P

I hope this helps you, if you have any more questions about it, just ask =)                        

-----signature-----
               "Keen incisions, I deliver! Unscathed organs, I delliver! Repossessions, I deliver! I'm the Repo, Legal Assassin!" - Repo : The Genetic Opera

• Ancillus
    « Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 04:08:00 am »

RR_DF_RaptorRed posted:

Ok, let me try to recall exactly what I did..

First of all, I just extracted one of the used ones from the game, doesn't matter which, just to get the file size and position. Made the texture, saved it as a dds, converted to tth/ttz with VPKTool of course... have to make sure you open the tth(the header one) with VPKTool and set the ClampS and ClampT so it doesn't tile.. and really save those files to whatever folder you want to, I usually just throw them in the same folder where my skin is rather than use the actual eyes folder.. but it doesn't really matter..

I hope this helps you, if you have any more questions about it, just ask =)

Well, I did have everything in the right folders, its just editing the tth file I didn't know I had to do. Though what kind of edits do you make to your eye textures? Best thing I've been able to do is something similar to Markus' or Victor's eyes in Underworld.

Also, nice to see another Repo fan. happy                        

Offline [archive] Zer0Morph2000

• Methuselah
    « Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 11:12:00 pm »
                    Hey those are pretty cool, nice job, I really like the brown and green glowing ones. Of course you'd be a walking Masquerade Violation. happy                        

• Ancillus
    « Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 11:17:00 pm »

RR_DF_RaptorRed posted:
    MaxusCorvin posted:

Forgive me if I got what you are saying completely wrong (I usually only just lurk around here).. but you in fact CAN add new eye textures, specifically the iris, in Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines. I have done it many times myself. Here are examples of 3 I've done recently for myself.

All you need to do is make sure the eyeball_l.vmt and eyeball_r.vmt point to the right location and you can add the line
     "$vampire"   1
     to each to make the eyes glow as well.

Again, forgive me if I misunderstood you.

Well, I did mean that as far as I've tried, it doesn't work, or isn't possible. But I suppose with whatever method(which I would love to know, if you don't mind sharing the process) you used, it was something different than what I did. I did manage to make a new eyeball texture(specifically the "Demen" one, which seems bugged, in that the texture won't show in the regular game - meaning once extracted from the vpk files, not in the game, where it is unused, as far as I know).

Zer0Morph2000 posted:

Maybe, but that could easily be explained away. Just mention "Oh, there just contacts." It would only fall apart if the person drills you on it.                        

Offline [archive] Offkorn

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 04:22:00 am »

MaxusCorvin posted:
    Maybe, but that could easily be explained away. Just mention "Oh, there just contacts." It would only fall apart if the person drills you on it.

You've seen contacts that glow in the dark?

I've seen quite a few types of cosmetic contacts, but none that produce their own light.                        

-----signature-----
               Nemo non Morior
     Anime Overviews
     Kindred of the oWoD
     MP3 Player Playlist

• Fledgling
    « Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 05:13:00 am »

MaxusCorvin posted:
    Well, I did have everything in the right folders, its just editing the tth file I didn't know I had to do. Though what kind of edits do you make to your eye textures? Best thing I've been able to do is something similar to Markus' or Victor's eyes in Underworld.

What do you mean by what kind of edits? I just draw my own texture from scratch, play around with textures lol. I haven't gone really in depth thinking about what I could do with the eyes, I just created them as a little extra with each current skin I make for my character when I play through.

Mwhaha, I am a Repo nut lol. Totally addicted.. I put Repoman in Left4Dead.. so wish I could at least put his scalpel in Vampire lol.

Offkorn posted:
     I've seen quite a few types of cosmetic contacts, but none that produce their own light.

There were contacts used in a vampire show called Forever Knight that glowed, almost certainly under black light, could just pretend the city in Vampire has black lights everywhere =D

-----signature-----

• Ancillus
    « Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 05:30:00 am »

RR_DF_RaptorRed posted:
    MaxusCorvin posted:

What do you mean by what kind of edits? I just draw my own texture from scratch, play around with textures lol. I haven't gone really in depth thinking about what I could do with the eyes, I just created them as a little extra with each current skin I make for my character when I play through.

Oh. Pretty much what I've been doing then. Guess I'll just have to play around a bit more to get something I like.

RR_DF_RaptorRed posted:

Mwhaha, I am a Repo nut lol. Totally addicted.. I put Repoman in Left4Dead.. so wish I could at least put his scalpel in Vampire lol.

It is possible to model and texture the scalpel, then just chose an item in the game to replace. Though I've never tried modeling, at least not very seriously.

RR_DF_RaptorRed posted:
    Offkorn posted:

There were contacts used in a vampire show called Forever Knight that glowed, almost certainly under black light, could just pretend the city in Vampire has black lights everywhere =D

Most movies light the face(namely for close-ups) of the Vampire specifically, to show that they are Vampires. Games don't really need actual lighting, so like Bloodlines, it is possible to make the eyes glow in any light. But it isn't like any human character in the game is going to go "Why in the hell are your eyes glowing?". Unless someone adds that to the game.                        

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal