collapse

Author Topic: Re: My mods repository  (Read 6486 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: My mods repository
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2019, 08:04:20 PM »
With this model I cannot do better....
Remember the hands. Would be bad if he used the (white) shared hands in the lockpicking animation.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2019, 09:11:23 PM »
Hmm...I guess Blade's shades and trench coat are pretty iconic and without them he wouldn't be quite as recognisable...Also maybe the facial hair needs to be a little more subtle?  Blade has this slight mustache on his upper lip only.
The trench is in the last armor. Regarding the shades unless I edit the model (or paint them in his face and make his eyes black) I cannot do more

With this model I cannot do better....
Remember the hands. Would be bad if he used the (white) shared hands in the lockpicking animation.

For that I have a cunning idea: transparent textures in all the first person animations. Then I left the mod open to improvements by others. But setiously, several models have different hands even on the same pc, I have too much still to do, some corners must be cut.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me (on changing my mind on deleting cheeks for a mod)

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2019, 09:14:33 PM »

The trench is in the last armor. Regarding the shades unless I edit the model (or paint them in his face and make his eyes black) I cannot do more

Yeah, I know there's nothing you can do about the shades. Painting them on wouldn't look right IMO.

What you could do to make him look more like Blade is use a high-res pic of Wesley Snipes to add a few details to his face: lips, the ridges between his eyebrows, that kind of thing. And blend them into his skintone base.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:23:04 PM by Ghanima_Atreides »
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2019, 09:49:53 PM »
It's really REALLY complicate adding a photo on a model. And even if 100% perfet it won't work at all. I learned this when I tried to put the face of Tim Cain on the cabbie (hehehe) but even placing the face perfectly to the millimeter it still looked like the cabbie. And that's why the texture is placed on a 3D model, which has it's own surface which in turn don't fit with a different face. :cry:
Yes, maybe something can still be done with details on the texture but working on this project had already took too long....

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »

For that I have a cunning idea: transparent textures in all the first person animations. Then I left the mod open to improvements by others. But setiously, several models have different hands even on the same pc, I have too much still to do, some corners must be cut.

You could also recolour the hands and add them as a separate/optional file for the Daywalkers, instructing people to download it if they don't want mismatched hands and then remove them after they're done with their Daywalker playthroughs.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2019, 02:20:31 PM »
Yes, that can be an excellent solution. But I really need to cut corners.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2019, 09:38:43 AM »
However, I was fascinated by this reskin:

Sadly the link (on a russian data storage site) doesn't work anymore. :cry: Any idea on wherever else I can find it?

Well.... A screenshot of this work in progress recreation of that lost mod (don't mind the area on top of the lip).

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2019, 01:32:35 PM »
Umpteenth update: say hello to the final 7th clan (no more afterthoughts, promise)

EDIT
- the idea behind last dress of the female true brujah is based on Floor Jansen's look:

- the male daughter dress instead on Hank III:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:40:20 PM by Barabbah »

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »
True brujah girl changes hair color with outfits?

Offline TF Alex Burton

• Formally known as the Shadow Man
  • Antediluvian
    • Terror Firma by Alex Burton
« Reply #219 on: April 16, 2019, 04:07:12 PM »
Ooh Cappadocians. I always envisioned them as scholary church types with deathly pale skin.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2019, 04:43:35 PM »
To argikt:
Half of these sets are temporary (specially those you mentioned)
The interesting thing is the first one has a modified version of jeanette's model with only one ponytail (although both are present overlayed but whatever)

To Alex:
He isn't pale enough? XD I forgot to add the female cappadocian, a couple are from an old reskin of the common goth girl dancer (remember the one with the white dress?), the last one was dressed in black with a cross on her neck

Offline TF Alex Burton

• Formally known as the Shadow Man
  • Antediluvian
    • Terror Firma by Alex Burton
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2019, 12:32:41 AM »
To Alex:
He isn't pale enough? XD I forgot to add the female cappadocian, a couple are from an old reskin of the common goth girl dancer (remember the one with the white dress?), the last one was dressed in black with a cross on her neck

He doesn't seem much paler than average, though a lot of vampires appear pale in Bloodlines, so its hard to make a distinction. That sounds like it would be pretty cool. Oh and it occurs to me, its a little odd to give True Brujah a hat at 3 then take it away for 4. Hat is cool though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:34:47 AM by TF Alex Burton »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2019, 10:41:32 AM »
Well, I think the white jacket is the best I've made (so I've shortened the black one just a bit....)

A brief moment to talk about the cappadocians.... How the hell did I overlook them? Simply, I've (wrongly) understood they were all exincted or evolved into the Harbingers. But I've discovered, completely by chance, the Feast Of Folly.

Cappadocius founded a city of kindreds and kines, like Cain's Enoch, in a very remote monastery in the Armenian mountains. In a year forgotten even by history Cappadocius realized his childes embraced too much. And this wasn't good for the meatbags. Anemia, death, diseases, incoming extinction.

Since even a cultist of death as Cappadocius had his standards, he called his whole progeny  to the Feast Of Folly to judge them. Those who didn't follow the principles of christianity or couldn't read and write were banished in a mountain with this curse:
"Let no child of Caine exit, let no son of Seth* enter this place"
[* the humans]

Six thousands of cappadocians where imprisoned, revolting for survival to cannibalism and diablerie. Only 50 survived, which escaped when an archaeological expedition led by Beckett inadvertently freed them.

In recent times the remaining cappadocians joined the samedi (formed apparently by the descendents of the cappadocians who didn't showed to the Feast Of Folly) and the giovanni in the merging clan of the Hecata, but this didn't stopped the neverending revenge the harbingers have vowed against them.

(Sorry for the never ending edits to this topic)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:03:23 AM by Barabbah »

Offline Javier

• Fledgling
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »
It's mod is working?

hello.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2019, 09:46:01 PM »
I'm still working on it
It's almost finished (in the quantity of work, not time. That is always missing....)
Any help is still welcome :P