collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Random question about Clum Music minimod from Camarilla Edition  (Read 303 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Random question about Clum Music minimod from Camarilla Edition
« on: February 13, 2021, 05:33:24 PM »
My next phase of my project went to restore this minimod. I've integrated all the code from Camarilla Edition and technically it works: it plays the custom music. But on top of the vanilla music. There is some way to stop or mute the vanilla music from being played? Thanks in advance  :cheesy:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 06:34:06 PM by Wesp5 »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: Random question about Clum Music minimod from Camarilla Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 06:05:16 PM »
I'm not sure but I think this mod works with a "logic case", if you want to silence the music, just include another option with "blank" selection

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 06:27:54 PM »
How I do that? My level of coding ability is only at copy and paste  :tongue:
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »
Nevermind, I've figured out I made a tiny mistake. And that I can live without this minimod....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 09:26:35 PM by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 09:50:47 PM »
I don't know what your problem is (or was). Iirc all I did was clear the cache and use fileutil to swap the soundfiles.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 02:45:12 AM »
First problem.
I simply edited "asphole sounds.txt" (which now I presume is unused) instead of "hw_asphole.txt" and wondered like a total idiot why I had double music :shocked:
Resolved.

Second problem.
Dialogs weren't working. The map asked for (as an example) "dlg/generic/dj_asphole.dlg" which wasn't there. I copied the dj_asphole.dlg file from the "clubmusic" folder and pasted it in "generic" (lated I found out the game copied any changes from the dlg in "clubmusic" to the one in generic, no idea why).
Resolved. (I think. Can I edit in the map files the path to the dialogs to the ones present in "clubmusic" or it will mess up something?)

Third problem.
Now I could finally talk to the dj but I could only choose "play something else" (which picks a random song), not the "play this particular song" options. Each of these dialog options uses as condition the presence of the audio file in the "clubmusic" folder but using the random choice it plays them anyway. No idea why these options doesn't work (maybe the search path must be changed due to the presence of the ModLoader?)

Forth problem.
The "q&a" text file in "clubmusic" says if I let the first slot unused (for example "asp_1.mp3") it plays the vanilla music. It doesn't happen  :sad:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 07:37:28 AM by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 09:02:29 AM »
I remember I did some excessive file-juggling for this. Most of it is from the time before we had the mod loader. In this old version I had the /clubmusic folder located directly in the bloodlines rootdirectory, so that players have only one easily accessible location for all their edits.
Right now I don't have CE installed, so I have to see what I can remember to answer your questions.

For the first question, I think I have removed the music in the clubs (Asp Hole, Confession, Glaze and Vesuvius) from the soundschemes and replaced by ambient_generic like in the Asylum. This was done so I could reduce the music volume during dialogs. So, yes you have to edit the "right" soundscheme ;)

Second question. The dialog copying was done for the convenience of players who don't know the file structure of bloodlines. As stated above, this mod was done pre mod-loader and originally the /clubmusic directory was located in the bloodlines root for easy access. I think I even made a backup system, so that players if they messed up one of the dj dialogs, they only had to delete the file in /clubmusic and the script would create a new generic one.
The idea was to have one place for players to drop their soundfiles and in the same place have the dialog files so they can edit the titles in.

third  question. I have made some changes to fileutil.py So maybe it doesn't work with the one from the patch or cqm. Or you may have missed a script called by the dialogs to process the data. Look in (I think it's called) /python/ceutils.py

fourth: this probably also requires the fileutil from CE because in order to access the vanilla sound files you have to access /vampire/... instead of the /moddir.  And I believe the fileutil from the patch doesn't allow copying files from /vampire/... to some place in the mod directory.

If you're really intersted and have further questions I may have to redownload CE. But I hope what I could recall here helps at least a bit.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 09:05:33 AM by Malkav »
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 09:54:24 AM »
I've looked ceutil.py but there's nothing about it

Edit: I should have add to vamputil.py the line "import dialogutil" to make it work

Anyway, after a lot of thinking I've decided to drop this idea. I love too much the vanilla music  :tongue:  Still thanks for your help

And for something else, if you're interested I've a nice proposition for you. I'll send a PM  :wink:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 11:17:55 AM by Barabbah »
― me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal