collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: New mod under way  (Read 5430 times)

Offline DDLullu

• Neonate
Re: New mod under way
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2018, 10:38:41 PM »
Yea, there is. Follow the link below:

https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-modding/broken-toreador-model-hair/msg122667/#msg122667

The character screen dont work like the Game. You will get one LOD only with the hack.

Offline Xaltar

• Fledgling
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 06:12:14 AM »
Awesome, thanks DDLullu  :cometome:

I will give it a try, time to see if I can remember hexediting :)

[edit] Perfect, thanks again DDLullu  :rock:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:23:32 AM by Xaltar »

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2018, 04:53:58 PM »
I could actually use a custom model and outfits for a Player Clan I've been working on. Its nothing special really I've been working on something and basically I've been looking to re-gig the game a little so speak. Most of the Clans make it most in tact with revised disciplines but I opted to replaced the Tremere Player Clan with something of my own making. Would it be cheeky to ask for something Xaltar?

*Takes cover in order not to be brutally murdered by all the WoD/VtM purists*

Offline Xaltar

• Fledgling
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2018, 11:17:51 PM »
lol, at the moment I am all booked up :vampwink:

I am helping out with the Clan Quest Mod at the as well as working on my own mod, my youtube channel and work. I went a little OTT with the workload  :facepalm:

Once I am done with that, if I am not burned out, hit me up again :vampwink:

Offline Xaltar

• Fledgling
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2018, 09:58:54 AM »

I am right there with you. The wife and I have our own lore and setup we use now. We long ago dispensed with White Wolf cannon. It's a great place to start but at the end of the day, your own preferences matter more. We don't have clans or generation, our werewolves are not spiritual and witches are at the root of all things supernatural. It's what vibes us so it's what we use :cometome:

Offline Dahlia X

• Fledgling
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »

I am right there with you. The wife and I have our own lore and setup we use now. We long ago dispensed with White Wolf cannon. It's a great place to start but at the end of the day, your own preferences matter more. We don't have clans or generation, our werewolves are not spiritual and witches are at the root of all things supernatural. It's what vibes us so it's what we use :cometome:

Lol yeah I think the only things we still use that are WoD are the char sheet layout and the dice.

Offline FleshArtist

• Infernalist
  • Ancillus
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2018, 08:32:30 AM »
While I'm not sold on the Venture skin, the female Toreador is looking very good, and I always, absolutely hated the female Toreador the original game went with; she did not look very pretty or seductive at all as the Toreador clan is known for. I can say the opposite about yours'. Apologies if this has already been asked and answered in the thread, but do you plan to work on the remaining clans? Tremere, Malkavian, Gangrel, perhaps even Nosferatu?

It's also very nice to see a new 3d modeler in a community suffering from a decline in modders in general. It would be great to see your work in the CQM as well, since Burgermeister is still looking for 3D Artists as far as I'm aware of.

I don't think there is a need to throw out the lore completely. It serves as a useful guideline if nothing else. As Shakespeare once said "Throw out the worser part of it, and live purer with the other half!"

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 08:34:05 AM by FleshArtist »

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »
I don't think there is a need to throw out the lore completely. It serves as a useful guideline if nothing else. As Shakespeare once said "Throw out the worser part of it, and live purer with the other half!"

Well the game wouldn't really work if I did. The Tremere in my game have got the chop as a Player Clan but will live on as a Subsect; every Clan will be able to join Strauss' Chantry and learn Thaumaturgy (about time Strauss had use beyond quests and a different haven). Speaking of Thaumaturgy I want to rework that too.

Offline Mamita

• Neonate
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2018, 04:28:31 PM »
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered in the thread but do you plan to work on the remaining clans? Tremere, Malkavian, Gangrel, perhaps even Nosferatu?
This has been confirmed. He hopes to at least try.
It would be great to see your work in the CQM as well, since Burgermeister is still looking for 3D Artists as far as I'm aware of.
They're working together now.
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:35:23 PM by Mamita »

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2018, 05:52:35 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:

The accuracy  :rofl:
Good news is Mamita convinced me to release my mod when its done or at least at some point, I can already see the comments.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:54:17 PM by The Shadow Man »

Offline Xaltar

• Fledgling
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2018, 10:07:23 PM »
It would be great to see your work in the CQM as well, since Burgermeister is still looking for 3D Artists as far as I'm aware of.

The QCM is what I have been spending most of my time on for a while now. The advantage is that I will be able to modify many of the models I am making for the QCM to suit my own mod when I am done. It's also fun testing the limits of what I can do with the restrictions of the model editing in this game.

As for the lore, it was a good place to start but our own lore is far more homogeneous across the different supernaturals and our structure is simplified to the point it does not impede actual roll playing. I am talking about tabletop here not Bloodlines. I love OWoD still but for my own games, I prefer the lore my wife and I have developed over the last 15 years or so. It starts small, changing something here, removing something there, adding something here and before you know it, there is nothing left of the original lore  :chinscratch:

First rule: All rules are only guidelines  :rock:

Offline Dahlia X

• Fledgling
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2018, 08:18:00 AM »
I think the CQM models are coming out pretty sweet so far. Not going to preview any of them here though. You guys will have to wait till Burgermeister wants to show them off. :justabite: Can't wait to check out his mod when it's finally ready. From what I've seen so far it seems pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 10:56:20 AM by Dahlia X »

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »
While I've found the game mechanics like clans and generations interesting, the most of WoD lore could put any emogirl fanfiction to shame, anything involving paths of enlightment (Humanity included), Tzimisce and Malkavians in particular. I'm utterly convinced of the authors being straight edge graphomaniacs who heard of altered states of mind on TV only.
It's peculiar that V20 illustrations style does reinforce the impression as they're purposefully picked the worst hipster photoshops from the infamous shithole called DeviantArt.

Rants aside, may I ask you something? Have you considered releasing the sources for another, less skilled and determined modders to tweak and retexture further?
Personally, interested in Ventrue lady as I've happened to like the new dress texure yet wound't mind turning it closer to the original, modern Maila Nurmi, direction, like adding a top underneath or extending the skirt into a dress.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:57:16 PM by deicide »

Offline Dahlia X

• Fledgling
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2018, 06:07:12 AM »
While I've found the game mechanics like clans and generations interesting, the most of WoD lore could put any emogirl fanfiction to shame, anything involving paths of enlightment (Humanity included), Tzimisce and Malkavians in particular. I'm utterly convinced of the authors being straight edge graphomaniacs who heard of altered states of mind on TV only.
It's peculiar that V20 illustrations style does reinforce the impression as they're purposefully picked the worst hipster photoshops from the infamous shithole called DeviantArt.

Rants aside, may I ask you something? Have you considered releasing the sources for another, less skilled and determined modders to tweak and retexture further?
Personally, interested in Ventrue lady as I've happened to like the new dress texure yet wound't mind turning it closer to the original, modern Maila Nurmi, direction, like adding a top underneath or extending the skirt into a dress.

Yeah our in house lore is a bit more mature and there are a few less mechanics cos we prefer more story focused rp.

I think you should be able to extract any files you want to mess with so long as you have the right tools and we don't mind if people use our content to make more mods. That first outfit on the Ventrue is a nightmare to work with though. We originally wanted to make it look more like a dress too but it just didn't work. Any time you move things too far from their original position they start to look weird in game because of how the model is rigged. That's the biggest limitation with the outfit design. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this quite right lol. Maybe I'll leave the technical stuff to Xaltar.

Offline Xaltar

• Fledgling
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2018, 06:41:18 AM »
All the files you will need will be there between my mod/s and the Bloodlines SDK that comes packaged with the Unofficial Patch (awesome idea there Wesp). As for sources, my 3dsMax files will be useless to most people, are specific to my workflow (duplicates, chunks, groups, modifier stacks etc) and won't work with blender or blender's export scripts. As soon as you import the .max file into blender the import process alters the model and renders it useless, "vertex count does not match" error when trying to import back into Bloodlines. You would need 3dsmax 9 32bit for the import/export scripts I use to even work as well as the VampEd 0.92 max script.

Textures are textures, extract them, convert them to TGA and have at it :vampwink:

In essence there really aren't any sources to distribute. I use the models from the game, heavily modify them then put them back in the game. If you want to edit/modify from my altered meshes you can just import them into blender using the SDK and blender scripts and edit them from there. There is good reason there are so few modders that work on the geometry of the characters in the game:

1. You can't delete or add ANY geometry to the models or it will not import back into the game so you are stuck with pushing vertices around.
2. You need significant skill and experience working with rigged models to make meaningful edits and not break the models in game once animations are applied.
3. While editing a mesh is certainly quicker than making your own, rigging it and putting it in game, editing existing meshes like this is tedious and requires making small edits, exporting, testing in game, eyeballing mistakes or changes you want to make then back to the 3d app to make changes. Rinse and repeat anywhere up to 100 times for the amount of edits I make to the models.

Do not underestimate the difference a simple retexture can make. You can make a model almost unrecognizable (in a good way) simply with a well implemented texture.

I use a 3d app to import the .X model extracted by VampEd (with no intention of exporting it back into the game) then apply a UV modifier and move the UVs into the proper UV space (boxed area not outside it). Collapse the stack with the UVs now in a renderable zone and add a UV modifier again but this time set to UV channel 2. Here you can unwrap the model in whatever way suits you (to match an image etc). Apply your texture for UV channel 2 and render it to texture on UV channel 1. This way you can make everything line up properly. You will need to overlay this texture over the original one and edit/clean it up in your preferred paint app afterwards. If this explanation makes no sense then you will have a very hard time working with the models in Bloodlines and will be better served just loading up the textures in a paint app and altering them there. Sadly, the amount of time it would take to learn 3d skills would make modding at this level futile for most. By the time you have garnered the skills, your interest in Bloodlines modding will likely be a distant memory.

* Game Files