collapse

Author Topic: Need help installing Clan Quest 3.0?  (Read 2297 times)

Offline ventrue_maxine

• Fledgling
Need help installing Clan Quest 3.0?
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
Hi all,

I downloaded VTMB off of Steam and shortly thereafter added a bunch of patches. Being silly, I then also tried to install the Clan Quest mod. I installed it in the wrong directory the first time.

Anyway, I got rid of all of the VTMB content and uninstalled it. Then I reinstalled and tried install the CQ mod in the correct /Vampire directory, but still no go, the mod doesn't seem to take at all. I am wondering what I need to do to install this so it works.

Perhaps I have not gotten rid of all the previous content, like patches or other files associated with the game? I delted all of the patches and vampire files on my computer that I can think of..

I did read that first you must start a newly installed VTMB and run the game, then save it, before you install the patch. Is this correct? I have not done that yet.

I want to try reinstalling the game again today and then trying to install CQ mod 3.0 again. If anyone can help me with this it would be very greatly appreciated! I am running Linux Ubuntu 12.10 if that makes any difference.

**Also, the latest unnofficial Wesp5 patch 8.4 is out. Will these two patches be compatible?

Thanks and once more any help would be very appreciated!!!

Offline ventrue_maxine

• Fledgling
Re: Need help installing Clan Quest 3.0?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:13:44 PM »
I also wanted to add a thank you to all of you amazing people that have taken the time and effort to work on these mods! I will donate when I can! Y'all rock my world!  :rock:

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 04:36:14 PM »
I don't know if Linux makes a difference. In  any case, you have to turn off steam community for bloodlines. And for bloodlines modding: you can never run more than one patch/mod in the same install. You're stuck with the patch version the mod is based on.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline ventrue_maxine

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 01:28:36 AM »
Thank you for replying. So do you mean I need to to be offline? I can only load VTMB through the Steam app, otherwise it crashes, although I always load the game offline.

:rofl: I want to play this soooo badly....meh....I will try again now...

Offline ventrue_maxine

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 12:18:21 AM »
NOTE: I have successfully installed CQ 3.0 along with the patch as well. I wanted to mention that I have the Steam version, and my operating system is Linux Ubuntu 12.10. I was informed that there is not much advice for people with Linux in the way of mod installations, so let me tell you how I did it.

I'm not sure if the problems I had installing CQ mod were due to my usage of Linux. However, whenever I would try to install CQ mod it would not take, so what I ended up having to do was install CQ into a separate folder that I created and then copy and paste all of the files into Vampire the Masquerade-Bloodlines. If you do this, it will ask you if you want to merge a bunch of files. Just click yes, allow them to merge, and you should have CQ running. Same with the Patch.

I hope Linux users or otherwise find this helpful if they are installing CQ mod in the traditional manner and finding that it is not having any effect.

I also wanted to say that I had a lot of trouble using the Steam app on Linux. The Steam app just wouldn't load properly, it would glitch, I couldn't use certain buttons.  If anyone is having glitches, one of the problems may be that you do not have Microsoft Windows fonts installed on your operating system. At any rate, Google Steam installation Linux Ubuntu and you should be able to find plenty of info on how to install it properly.

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 12:20:50 AM »
also need help

downloaded the "vtmb-clan-quest-mod-v3.0.zip

Tried to unzip it and am being told that it is corrupt, won't open the installation file.  Tried downloading from multiple sources, same results.  Any help?

Nigama
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Claudia Vonigner

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
download it from elsewhere

and don't forget 3.0.1 :)

(moddb)

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »

(moddb)

Oops.

Yeah I finally found a working copy... but also did forget to add the 3.0.1 bug patch...  can I apply it now that I've started or better off just finishing the game do you think?

Nigama
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »

(moddb)

Oops.

Yeah I finally found a working copy... but also did forget to add the 3.0.1 bug patch...  can I apply it now that I've started or better off just finishing the game do you think?

Nigama
That depends on how far in the game you are already. And if the 3.01 patch includes map files. If there are no map files in the patch, you probably can install it any time without big problems. Unzip it into a neutral directory and see if there is a subdirectory \vampire\maps.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Claudia Vonigner

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »
http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod/downloads/clan-quest-mod-301-bug-patch

You don't need to start over the game, it's fine.

This patch for Clan Quest Mod 3.0, fixes the following issues:

- Removes Gary's home phone call from occurring prematurely
 - Fixes the Gangrel Clan Quest, so that Knox will give you the quest item.
  - If you already talked to Knox, you'll be given the quest item before speaking with Beckett the next time.

This is just a patch, so you have to install it on top of version 3.0. One more step, but this also keeps the download size to the bare minimum. And another bonus: installing this patch will NOT invalidate your saved games!