collapse

Author Topic: My skins!!  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Viatrixa

• Uploaders
  • Neonate
My skins!!
« on: January 31, 2019, 11:25:07 PM »
I wasn't really sure weather I should make a new topic or post in my old one, but since this particular question is different, I figured hell, lets just make a new topic. (Feel free to tell me off if this was a bad move, though)

Just what the question says - is there a way to spawn npcs at all in game? I recall there being a command like that in the console, but it wasn't functional. My intention is to have quick access to the NPCs so I can see them directly in game and see how their skins / any alterations look like. So far I've just teleported myself using the "map" command and just no clipping to the npc, but I can't for example do this with say, Heather (who isn't ghouled at the very beginning so I can't cycle through her costume options yet) or with Tourette who only appears after that one quest line is completed.  :chinscratch:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 02:35:21 PM by Viatrixa »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: Is there a way to spawn NPCs?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 06:55:01 AM »
If I were you, I would install the "skin changer", you can find it in the moddb.
You can change PC skin to almost every NPC in the game just clicking a buttoon.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 08:15:16 AM »
Never seen this skin changer. But then I haven't looked for bloodlines mods in ages, especially not on ModDB...

If that doesn't work you can always use the SetModel command. Either use picker to find the name of an npc on the map or use the command on the player.
Then use the console to enter the command. You need either
char =  Find("npcname") or char = __main__.FindPlayer()
and then either way
char.SetModel("models/character/npc/unique/Santa_Monica/Heather/Heather_goth.mdl")
or whichever model you want to see...
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Viatrixa

• Uploaders
  • Neonate
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 08:42:12 AM »
Both things are certainly worth checking out, thank you!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
This is the only "skin changer" mod I could found on moddb but I really doubt it can work....
https://www.moddb.com/mods/in-game-skin-changer
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 10:44:30 AM »
I was speaking of https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/25
That essencially did the commands that malkav posted, but pressing a button

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 04:12:35 PM »
Haha now I get it :P
Sorry for the misunderstanding
― me

Offline Viatrixa

• Uploaders
  • Neonate
Re: My skins!!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 02:57:30 PM »
Ok - I didn't wanna make a new thread again so I just re-named this one and decided that I'll stick my re-skins here.

This one pays homage to this particular skin: https://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/bradstreet-janette
I looked at how this one was made and decided to simply make my own version of it, which maintains Jeanette's vanilla face and her deathly vampiric pallor. It entailed removing her default school girl socks, painting in that gap (with her skin), making my own garter belt and stockings with my own fishnet pattern, changing the color of her panties, drawing a new curving strap for them, and putting that ever so important kitty picture there. (my husband took one look and went "hurr durr, hurr, oh I get it, haha it's a... "kitty")

I don't know why I did all this because in my games she still wears her skirt - I frankly only removed it to show this very important and totally super mega original lingerie mod for her.

Aaaand... I also messed with her boots to make them look edgier.  :rock: Please note that this is not supposed to be special, unique, or original in any way at all. It's the first time I've ever made my "own"  Bloodlines skin and I just thought I'd start off with something easy. Credit for the inspiration goes to the person who made the skin I linked earlier.

Now I'm gonna fiddle with the malkavian female pc.  :justabite:

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 04:21:20 PM »
Oh, I like that!  :vampwink: Totally something she would wear, down to the addition of the "kitty".  I think it's worth keeping even with the skirt on, just for the fun of it, not that the PC would normally be looking under her skirt  :rofl: One could imagine she unveils this during that "special sexy time" she rewards the player with for helping her. 

Awesome boots, too.  :rock: Now I'm really looking forward to your work on the lady malk.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 04:43:10 PM »
Don't ask me why, but the kitty panties made me though of this:

However, nice work :)
― me

Offline Viatrixa

• Uploaders
  • Neonate
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 06:04:00 PM »
Don't ask me why, but the kitty panties made me though of this:

However, nice work :)

:rofl: Fashion accessory for kindred: PUSSY!

For comparison, here's Erin Layne:

And Jeanette's skirt (added some lighting and green stripes)

Thank you  :smile: And now to fiddle with more skins! (it's also campaign night tonight!)

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 06:13:24 PM »
 :holy: Awesome!

Could you perhaps be persuaded to share that?  :vampsmile:
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 07:48:39 PM »
Can't concentrate... :facepalm:

Offline vampire_nonsense

• Neonate
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 12:41:18 AM »
Aaaand... I also messed with her boots to make them look edgier.  :rock: Please note that this is not supposed to be special, unique, or original in any way at all. It's the first time I've ever made my "own"  Bloodlines skin and I just thought I'd start off with something easy. Credit for the inspiration goes to the person who made the skin I linked earlier.

Before I noticed you mentioned the Bradstreet Jeanette skin directly inspiring you, I thought this was a great take on the same concept (especially as you're keeping Jeanette's usual pallor). The fishnets and garter belt look great, and I like her piercing jewelry and the detail on the boots.

If you have the model viewer from the SDK, you can load up the model with the textures immediately, in a completely separate work folder, even. Before that, I used to keep a save game or two handy, but it's a lot easier with the viewer.

Offline Viatrixa

• Uploaders
  • Neonate
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 09:46:02 AM »
Oh geez, I'm floored that you'd ask me to share it ;_; I honestly didn't expect that. I uploaded it to moddb here: https://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/herekittykitty

Yeah I keep a bunch of save games mostly in front of npcs so I can view them directly in their "natural habitat"  :smile: but the viewer is an awesome tool too!

Now to skin the malk lady.  :chinscratch: Darn those boots are tricky.