collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Modding Questions  (Read 4119 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Modding Questions
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2021, 09:35:59 pm »
Forgot to remove obfuscate from SetClanPopups() for the Daughters?
Anyway, glad to hear it works now.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2021, 10:22:23 am »

:wink:

Anyway

If I want to give to all the Kuei-Jin the death particles used by Ming-Xiao what should I do? If it's possible of course  :smiley:

And it's possible to remove the blood shield to the blood guardian in the SM gallery? I want to replace the model and I want it to be shown....

I've managed to remove the bloodshield from the Gallery guardian (removing this line
"OnTrigger" "BloodGuardian,SetBloodShieldDiscipline,1,10.1,-1,,"
from the map entity), but I'm still interested in giving the Kuei-Jin an unique death effect. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 11:51:18 am by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2021, 05:30:00 pm »
Sorry if this is not the appropriate topic but I have a couple questions related to modding. Also I have to mention that my knowledge about modding is basic at best so please bear with me if the questions are quite silly.

1. Is it possible to set different prices for a skill book depending on the number of copy (of one and the same book) the PC buys? I mean one price for first buy, a higher price for second copy, and even highest price for third copy.

2. Is it possible to detect which way the werewolf was killed (with the trap or in battle)?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2021, 06:39:55 pm »
Sorry if this is not the appropriate topic but I have a couple questions related to modding. Also I have to mention that my knowledge about modding is basic at best so please bear with me if the questions are quite silly.

1. Is it possible to set different prices for a skill book depending on the number of copy (of one and the same book) the PC buys? I mean one price for first buy, a higher price for second copy, and even highest price for third copy.
Basically this is impossible because the value of an item is set in the description file.
What you could do is handle all buying and selling of books directly by dialog instead of using the normal barter interface.
2. Is it possible to detect which way the werewolf was killed (with the trap or in battle)?
I'm quite sure it is possible because Wesp had to use a lot of dirty tricks to make the werewolf killable in the first place.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2021, 04:57:35 pm »
Oh damn! The companion mod stopped working on my mod  :sad:  What can I do?

EDIT: resolved by removing one (sadly cool) feature

« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 06:39:01 am by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2021, 06:24:48 pm »
Has anyone ever seen in the console the text in different colors than white??
― me

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2021, 06:14:03 pm »

Basically this is impossible because the value of an item is set in the description file.
What you could do is handle all buying and selling of books directly by dialog instead of using the normal barter interface.
I'm quite sure it is possible because Wesp had to use a lot of dirty tricks to make the werewolf killable in the first place.

1. Unfortunately it's quite difficult to implement the haggle feat in the dialogs (it will take too much lines). So probably the only acceptable solution is to increase the value of the books.
2. Does anybody know a variable or something else to use in dialog for checking if the werewolf is killed in battle and not by the trap?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2021, 09:07:10 pm »
2. Does anybody know a variable or something else to use in dialog for checking if the werewolf is killed in battle and not by the trap?
Killing him with the trap sets G.Werewolf_Dead = 1. I do the same when killing him using weapons too, but you could change that in the vamputil.py script killWerewolf(). And I think I sometimes had colored console errors too, but I never figured out why...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 09:08:54 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2021, 06:37:41 pm »
Killing him with the trap sets G.Werewolf_Dead = 1. I do the same when killing him using weapons too, but you could change that in the vamputil.py script killWerewolf(). And I think I sometimes had colored console errors too, but I never figured out why...

Thanks. I will try it and say if it worked. I am finishing a mod that I started back at version 10.0 about 8th ending involving Caine in a way. Nothing fancy just an alternative to the Lone Wolf ending reachable only by specific histories for each of the clans and doing something like achievements (someone would say that this will increase the difficulty of the game but I hope it could give a new flavor). The only other thing I will try to add is increasing the difficulty of the sheriff in both his forms and I have an idea what I want to do but when it comes to this I will probably ask a few questions because I am far from good in modding.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2021, 07:53:12 pm »
Oh, a new mod! Can you give us some details?
― me

Offline tarulu

• Methuselah
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2021, 09:44:53 pm »
I am going to install Python on my system, would that be okey with Vampire? i do remember doing this before, but just want to make sure.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2021, 08:57:30 am »
As far as I remember installing a newer version of Python can cause problems, so keep us informed ;).

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2021, 07:50:13 pm »
Oh, a new mod! Can you give us some details?

I am afraid that I have aroused expectations. It is nothing like any of the big mods. It's more like the Extreme mod with a little bit of flavor from Clan Quest Mod. I mean that each of the clans could receive training in clan discipline or in more general one. It started with adding some new histories and ended as expanding the story toward the part with the chess game of Caine with someone else. It is like a chain of challenges and when the PC complete all of the challenges is able to reach the so called 8th ending. It is based on the plus patch and as I said is expanding to a new ending which I call Caine's ending. In fact it is almost the same plus patch with very little new possibilities as for example any clan could frighten Shu. The same freedom is available but the 8th ending is reachable only by playing the game in certain way which could be quite frustrating I suppose. For example the PC have to take the long road through the sewers, have to kill the werewolf in battle, have to do Elizabeth Dane by the hard way, the death of Heather is inevitable and etc. The maximum XP from quests is obligatory. For example for some of the clans will be much more difficult to save Zhao but it is possible to do. I also added something for the Nosferatu clan which is not canonical but makes sense at least for me. The Nosferatu could learn intimidation easily than the other clans. Maybe it will be interesting to say about the learning of clan disciplines or new ones. Beckett will teach the Gangrel certain clan discipline at the warehouse if the PC didn't kill any of the thugs except from the explosion including the last two thugs before the meeting with Beckett. Or Isaac will be incline to teach the PC a new discipline for delivering the Gargoyle to his command.
But I really doubt that such a mod would be interesting but who knows.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2021, 09:05:42 pm »
A Caine ending? I must see that  :chinscratch:  keep us updated
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2021, 02:00:00 pm »
Have you present when Bach makes the screen white and teleport himself?
I find it really annoying for my eyes. How can I change it's color from white to black?
― me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal