collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Madness Network mod sneak peek  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Ancillus
  • Raving somewhere....
Re: Madness Network mod sneak peek
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2017, 09:39:29 AM »
For example, I always found it funny that Kiki never suspects anything/runs off screaming, even if you have slaughtered all the Tong in a war form.

How did you even do that? Normally all the Tongs are dead when you finally meet Kiki and with the UP you won't get any new ones spawning out of thing air either! Also as Wong-Ho calls Nosferatu Demons and has close contact with Ming-Xiao, he and Kiki might know about about supernatural powers anyway...

Well, I sprint through to the key and then engage the Tong since they are actually harmless (only did this twice before the 9.6 patch; not that I'm saying that the patch is bad or anything like that, it's just my time recollecting manner when it comes to VTMB ;) ). Plus if you are a "Bad Luck farmer" you can chain the two quests and kill the mobster in front of Kiki (witnessing the disciplines). But usually I do this quest in the following manner:
1. Enter the Lotus Blossom.
2. Destroy the Tong.
3. Collect Kiki.
4. Go down and kill the mobster.
5. Exit.  ;)

As for the thought of them knowing that there are supernaturals, you are probably right, but I can't coax any information from Wong Ho/Kiki regarding the matter, leaving me suspicious...
Rave.Period.

Offline Icicle

• Methuselah
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2017, 09:54:39 AM »
For example, I always found it funny that Kiki never suspects anything/runs off screaming, even if you have slaughtered all the Tong in a war form.

How did you even do that? Normally all the Tongs are dead when you finally meet Kiki and with the UP you won't get any new ones spawning out of thing air either! Also as Wong-Ho calls Nosferatu Demons and has close contact with Ming-Xiao, he and Kiki might know about about supernatural powers anyway...

Well, I sprint through to the key and then engage the Tong since they are actually harmless (only did this twice before the 9.6 patch; not that I'm saying that the patch is bad or anything like that, it's just my time recollecting manner when it comes to VTMB ;) ). Plus if you are a "Bad Luck farmer" you can chain the two quests and kill the mobster in front of Kiki (witnessing the disciplines). But usually I do this quest in the following manner:
1. Enter the Lotus Blossom.
2. Destroy the Tong.
3. Collect Kiki.
4. Go down and kill the mobster.
5. Exit.  ;)

As for the thought of them knowing that there are supernaturals, you are probably right, but I can't coax any information from Wong Ho/Kiki regarding the matter, leaving me suspicious...

Intelligent people of any race "in the know" won't divulge it to outsiders, period, whether it's in a game or real life.  So that's not surprising.  You're not asian (well Chinese of some kind specifically, I believe there are well over 50 subgroups of Chinese people too) nor are you in with this group of people who work alongside the kuei-jin, so they won't let you know (especially since they're out to exterminate kindred). The subtle clues are all you get really, like Wesp pointed out, he calls Nosferatu demons; or is that just because they look like that? You won't know.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:58:09 AM by Icicle »

Offline The Shadow Man

• Untrained Bokor
  • Methuselah
  • Here be shadows
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »
Intelligent people of any race "in the know" won't divulge it to outsiders, period, whether it's in a game or real life.  So that's not surprising.  You're not asian (well Chinese of some kind specifically, I believe there are well over 50 subgroups of Chinese people too) nor are you in with this group of people who work alongside the kuei-jin, so they won't let you know (especially since they're out to exterminate kindred). The subtle clues are all you get really, like Wesp pointed out, he calls Nosferatu demons; or is that just because they look like that? You won't know.

Do all the WoD Asians know about supernaturals? Screams a bit too much of forced exoticism to me. In any case I always assumed that he called you a Demon if your a Nosferatu, simply because you look like you do, its not uncommon for certain 'Vampire characteristics' to come under Demons (or at least their versions there of) in certain cultures, of course it really depends how you define 'Demon' anyway and that's a whole complicated issue in itself. Ming Xiao seems to be bankrolling the Tong yet Wong Ho doesn't know, so I don't see why he'd know she is a Keui-Jin or about other supernaturals either and as for Kiki I don't if she's bright enough to understand. Yukie calls you a Demon too and Bach seems to think your a Demon too.

Offline Florence

• Neonate
  • Dignitas
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
Oh so it is your mod Icicle
I'm pretty sure its going to rock then
+ the malkavian insanity will bring us interesting things
Also I like the idea of every clan will have different-clan-specific dialogues
It was a thing I wanted in game for a long time

I saw this mod on moddb but I didn't know it was yours
I'm a little hyped about this novelty
So when will it be released?  :smile:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:22:30 PM by Florence »
~ To rule in blood is to rule in truth. ~

Offline Icicle

• Methuselah
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2017, 08:08:15 PM »

Yeah.  I'm going to write my own power-dialog-editor which first tries to stretch the scripts massively using jumps in the dialog script, but if that fails, I will rename all the original dialog sound files and include them in my mod, whatever.  It's happening one way or another.

It won't be out for a long time.  You can hold your breath, but all you'll see is the purple so prevalent in my mod.

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Ancillus
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2017, 08:54:25 PM »
The best way to define the relationship between kindred and Kuei Jin in my opinion is: "dysfunctional marriage". After the war with the anarchs over San Francisco they stroke an armistice (they lost a lot of their own), coercing them into covert actions/politicking like the one you can see in the game (Fu Syndicate and Caitiff spying in Santa Monica).   

Oh yes, about the Kuei: you said that Chinatown will be the most dangerous hub in your mod, so I expect that you will change Ming's "staff" right? ;) In the final mission (Ming Xiao Must Die!) when you step up to Ming you face an entire legion of pretty much harmless opponents that have no special abilities that would make them even remotely dangerous (their only advantage are the numbers maybe). The assignation of special abilities to them could be interesting, but I do not know if you are planning on doing it. Maybe you can use this as an opening for something Icicle? ;)
Rave.Period.

Offline IanW

• Ancillus
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2017, 12:22:36 AM »
Also as Wong-Ho calls Nosferatu Demons and has close contact with Ming-Xiao, he and Kiki might know about about supernatural powers anyway...

Yep! As I implied earlier, the Kuei-jin (and the other supernaturals in Asia) don't really have a "Masquerade" per se. In general people are aware of the existence of the supernatural but try to ignore it in the sense of "it's a private matter and none of my business." Supernaturals don't really make overt displays of power for the same reason: it's a private matter.

Do all the WoD Asians know about supernaturals? Screams a bit too much of forced exoticism to me.

Pretty much. Kindred of the East came out back in 1998, so there was a combination of not having the wealth of research available that we have today, as well as a general lack of cultural awareness. Hell, even the name "Kuei-jin" itself doesn't make any sense from an Asian context, which is why we've been using another of their names, "Wan Kuei," lately.

If we did Kindred of the East again today, we'd do it almost completely differently. That's one reason we haven't done a 20th Anniversary Edition of that line: the X20 books are supposed to be primarily nostalgia editions, so we'd need to keep a lot of it familiar, which is hard to do when we'd want to make so many changes.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
Lead Developer: Trinity Continuum

Offline Icicle

• Methuselah
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2017, 02:00:50 AM »
Oh yes, about the Kuei: you said that Chinatown will be the most dangerous hub in your mod, so I expect that you will change Ming's "staff" right? ;) In the final mission (Ming Xiao Must Die!) when you step up to Ming you face an entire legion of pretty much harmless opponents that have no special abilities that would make them even remotely dangerous (their only advantage are the numbers maybe). The assignation of special abilities to them could be interesting, but I do not know if you are planning on doing it. Maybe you can use this as an opening for something Icicle? ;)

No, Isaac says Chinatown is the most dangerous hub.  I say that my new hub will be much more dangerous than Chinatown.  No spoilers though.  The hub I'm adding is completely optional, so you enter at your own risk, as it isn't required to finish the game the original way (shoot-'em'-up).

Spoiler for New Hub Name...:
I guess one spoiler is all right - the new hub is called Beverly Hills.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Untrained Bokor
  • Methuselah
  • Here be shadows
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2017, 03:30:53 AM »
Also as Wong-Ho calls Nosferatu Demons and has close contact with Ming-Xiao, he and Kiki might know about about supernatural powers anyway...

Yep! As I implied earlier, the Kuei-jin (and the other supernaturals in Asia) don't really have a "Masquerade" per se. In general people are aware of the existence of the supernatural but try to ignore it in the sense of "it's a private matter and none of my business." Supernaturals don't really make overt displays of power for the same reason: it's a private matter.

I've heard that before, always seemed strange to me.

Do all the WoD Asians know about supernaturals? Screams a bit too much of forced exoticism to me.

Pretty much. Kindred of the East came out back in 1998, so there was a combination of not having the wealth of research available that we have today, as well as a general lack of cultural awareness. Hell, even the name "Kuei-jin" itself doesn't make any sense from an Asian context, which is why we've been using another of their names, "Wan Kuei," lately.

I guess a lot has changed since then.

If we did Kindred of the East again today, we'd do it almost completely differently. That's one reason we haven't done a 20th Anniversary Edition of that line: the X20 books are supposed to be primarily nostalgia editions, so we'd need to keep a lot of it familiar, which is hard to do when we'd want to make so many changes.

Makes sense.

Offline Icicle

• Methuselah
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2017, 12:06:13 PM »
Next sneak peek shouldn't be in too long, and it'll include Asp Hole and Vesuvius... been working on them both in little bits, back and forth.

I decided to go a different direction with them both than I had initially thought.  I'm also slowly making Hollywood look like a lunatic went on a rampage through it.  Hollywood refers to witchcraft, doesn't it?  Well the witch is a crazy b*tch, whoever she is.

Once the rain/storm system is worked out in Santa Monica completely, I'll start converting the other hubs to likewise have the same thing going for them.  I might increase the thunderstorm chances some too, maybe even add lightning strikes in the 'distance' (in the skybox).

Offline The Shadow Man

• Untrained Bokor
  • Methuselah
  • Here be shadows
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2017, 04:43:56 PM »
Next sneak peek shouldn't be in too long, and it'll include Asp Hole and Vesuvius... been working on them both in little bits, back and forth.

That's good.

I decided to go a different direction with them both than I had initially thought.  I'm also slowly making Hollywood look like a lunatic went on a rampage through it.  Hollywood refers to witchcraft, doesn't it?  Well the witch is a crazy b*tch, whoever she is.

It does? Wow I'm gonna have to look up on that.

Once the rain/storm system is worked out in Santa Monica completely, I'll start converting the other hubs to likewise have the same thing going for them.  I might increase the thunderstorm chances some too, maybe even add lightning strikes in the 'distance' (in the skybox).

More weather, coolio

Offline Florence

• Neonate
  • Dignitas
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2017, 08:53:13 PM »

Yeah.  I'm going to write my own power-dialog-editor which first tries to stretch the scripts massively using jumps in the dialog script, but if that fails, I will rename all the original dialog sound files and include them in my mod, whatever.  It's happening one way or another.

It won't be out for a long time.  You can hold your breath, but all you'll see is the purple so prevalent in my mod.

That's awesome

Cant wait to try all clans' dialogues then

We are waiting patiently, take your time :)
~ To rule in blood is to rule in truth. ~

Offline Soilie

• Neonate
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2017, 04:15:05 PM »

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Ancillus
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
Rave.Period.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2017, 05:48:20 PM »
If it is true, I am crying. http://www.moddb.com/mods/discontinued-mod-for-gamexyz

I hope that it is not.

Huh, what is this? He claimed here that he never could get a burn out and now he already disappears and discontiues his mod after a few weeks?

* Game Files