collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Idea for a Kuei-jin mod.  (Read 226 times)

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
Idea for a Kuei-jin mod.
« on: January 26, 2020, 10:21:55 AM »
Hello, Kindred!

So, I've some ideas, and maybe I can interest some of you experienced modders...
Since the Prelude is already being made to the game, it may be interesting for someone to participate in the creation of some mod for Kuei-jin.

It would be interesting to play for Asians.
This story would be parallel to the main plot of the game.(and perhaps our protagonist will have to die at the end).

<> It might be difficult to create:
- Disciplines. (perhaps you can borrow something from the vampire ones. It would be nice if you could give the player the opportunity to try on the appearance of Ming and become a sinister cuttlefish. And just be able to reincarnate in other NPCs)
- The Humanity (if I understand correctly, Kuei-jin start with 0 Humanity. First you eat flesh, then you drink blood or take energy from the air... it all depends on your Humanity...)
Perhaps the eating of the flesh can be borrowed from the Antitribu mod... But, I don't know.
- Voice acting of characters...
- The new models for players
- Scripts and video-scenes.

<> A little plot and spoilers:
The game would start with your character working for the Tong faction and eventually being killed in a shootout:
- let's say another group decided to find your family members and kill them, and you needed to protect them.
- or you had an important mission where you would need to find and eliminate a competitor who interferes with your underground business...
- or maybe you just decided to commit a robbery or attack the head of another clan?
There may be a lot of options...

Anyway, you failed. You died.
It would seem that everything is over... However, a spirit appears in front of our hero who tells her/him that "you need to correct your karma".

Therefore, you return to the world of the living and start your journey in the local morgue, where you find several of the samebody supernatural as yourself.
Later, one of Ming's people finds you and tells you about your new existence.

As the main goal, you can focus on revenge for the death of relatives or betrayal of friends.
Wong Ho may be involved in this, but Ming'll not let you get even with him so easily, since she will have her own plans for this person.

<> Possible quests:
- Tutorial mission.
-  Investigation in SM (where one of our will have to die at the hands of a Kindred)
- A visit to Grout and a possible meeting with the Leopold Society(Ming'll send us and make us reincarnate as Nines, it is our character who will meet the Kindred... hm.. why not).
- Possible skirmishes in Hollywood(maybe we can find "Chastity" and point her to Vivi, and also help the hunters from the Leopold Society find Ash?!).
-  Capture of Barabus and help Fu Syndicate.
...and many other things.

<> As endings, we can assume that:
- Our hero'll be able to develop and shift Ming:
You can earn her trust and "as it were" reincarnate in her and do her business while she left the city, but in the end you will be set up, you will die from a Kindred, who'll come for the key.
Or perhaps it'll be a pseudo-death and we will only test the strength of this cainite, and in the meantime we'll also leave the city?!
- Your hero'll be able to organize a rebellion and kill Ming, but he will eventually be killed by a Kindred, who'll come for the key.
Or we can sway a Kindred to our side and help Ming take over Los Angeles.
...or take the city ourselves? =)

That's the whole idea. I hope, you don't find it too stupid...

Offline Wallit

• Fledgling
Re: Idea for a Kuei-jin mod.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 11:42:44 AM »
Hello,

That's seems a really good idea, I don't know much about Kuei-jin as I always prefer the Hengeyokai part (I would like to include an arc in my mod but will see later).

<> A little plot and spoilers:
The game would start with your character working for the Tong faction and eventually being killed in a shootout:
- let's say another group decided to find your family members and kill them, and you needed to protect them.
- or you had an important mission where you would need to find and eliminate a competitor who interferes with your underground business...
- or maybe you just decided to commit a robbery or attack the head of another clan?
There may be a lot of options...

I think the parking garage will be totally appropriate for this (without any interaction of any vampire) and shouldn't be too difficult as a start.

<> As endings, we can assume that:

I am not sure but I think lore wise the situation is like at beginning of the game (Kuei-jin in Chinatown), so it wouldn't need you to be killed, you might come back from a mission outside LA and discover that Ming died.

I would recommend to have a look to https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Los_Angeles_(WOD) and all the things related to New Promise Mandarinate, there is plenty of ideas over there.

Good luck with your idea.

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 01:22:08 PM »
Thanks!

I think I'll have to wait until B2 comes out to try to make this mod myself, if creating scenes isn't as difficult as in the first Bloodlines.
Unfortunately, right now I don't have the skills to do it all alone...

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 01:55:01 PM »
Thanks!

I think I'll have to wait until B2 comes out to try to make this mod myself, if creating scenes isn't as difficult as in the first Bloodlines.
Unfortunately, right now I don't have the skills to do it all alone...

Looks like very interesting to me, if you take some disciplines from antitribu and and a lot of maps from the vanilla, you can start the work with the 50% of the mod done...

If you don't want to complicate with the inicial cutscene, you can start the mod awakening in the morgue, with and slow camera travelling while you explain the inicial setting with subtitles.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:58:14 PM by argikt »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal