collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines HD project phase 1  (Read 8665 times)

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
Re: HD retexture project W.I.P. w/ normal mapping
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2018, 04:00:26 AM »
was one letter off lol.

found the same sort of bug again in the tutorial on the texture dirdrc. this time it's one with. . . issues recompiling. texture looks boss in hammer, glitches in game.
I'm why we can't have nice things. . .

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2018, 04:24:52 AM »
Obviously I tried simply shutting the illumination off in the VMT.

ignores the VMT again. looks fine in hammer, but the map doesn't want to recompile or anything so waiting to hear back from Burgermeister01.

first one is obviously the working texture.

second one has the working one next to a broken variant w/a self illuminating texture mask. . . on a door based wall texture.

nonsense.

does not scale or anything properly

third is a concrete scaling bug. scales fine on left, NOT fine on right.

I'm seeing a pattern here.

if I didn't have to address bugs every 2-3 textures I could do a map each day minus chairs, tables, radios, etc.

but I can't go 2-3 textures without a bug which eats days of time at the very least.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:59:06 AM by krispy »

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2018, 08:39:05 AM »
before the concrete floor scaling bug, I noticed different levels of reflectivity on those two sections of the floor where the hall turns and the texture malfunctions in the image I posted.

can anyone else confirm that on their copy?

with any luck (and Burgermeister01 having free time) this map should be recompiled to fix the texture bugs in the next few days. til then continuing the texture spree!

starting to look like there will be at least one on each map. . . That could be an issue.

unrelated to the bug, but useful for this project.  Does anyone know of a simple way to search across multiple maps for each instance of a specific texture ?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:20:05 AM by krispy »

Offline MasterVampire

• Fledgling
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2018, 11:50:58 AM »
Why are you bothering with that place?

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2018, 12:04:29 PM »
because every texture there is used elsewhere so redoing the other maps would redo it eventually. like how redoing the pawn shop carpet redid the office carpet. this uses parts with names that indicate what seem to be a museum, tower, and library among other things.

It's also encountered right off the bat when one starts a game.

Walls, floors, and ceilings all fly by for work flow anyway. bugs and props take way more time. I did a cement floor that is BOMB in like 15 minutes.

the real question is, since the textures all show up elsewhere too, why wouldn't I redo it on purpose rather than accident?  :chinscratch:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:40:14 PM by krispy »

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2018, 12:47:46 PM »
is the O'Tolley's logo that burger/circle I see in  some of the PnP book art I've found?

If you mean the packaging on the right-hand side of this illustration:

That illustration was made before we'd settled on an actual logo for them. We have one now, but it's not isolated, so I'm checking to see if I can grab a copy from our art director.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2018, 12:50:45 PM »
that is the one indeed.

Excited to see the official one if you manage to grab a copy!

Offline Bosja

• Fledgling
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2018, 08:13:09 PM »
Hooooolyyy Mate ! Thats Great Work ! Keep it Up, i Believe in you !!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2018, 09:25:27 PM »
that is the one indeed.

Excited to see the official one if you manage to grab a copy!

Got it. It's visible here, at 500x555, which should be suitable: https://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/File:PentexOTolleys.png
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2018, 12:49:57 AM »
Hooooolyyy Mate ! Thats Great Work ! Keep it Up, i Believe in you !!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

glad to hear you like my work and believe in this project! I'm enjoying myself despite obstacles, or perhaps even more because of them.

beating a bug feels like beating an old school NES boss nobody else can beat. Love that feeling.

sweet! also grabbed the sunburst logo you posted.

heard from Burgermeister. got the basics of chasing this map recompile issue down.

Seems it has to do with chasing down an entity placed outside the map in one of the patch updates. I'm told it will look like a word bubble once I fire hammer up and get to the point list I believe it was called.

this will be 2 maps with repaired texture bugs :D

feeling slightly accomplished.

first installment of this will hopefully contain everything from the opening cinematic to the lodgings in one go. then redoing santa monica.

the santa monica roads are waiting for me to be comfortable putting rain and stuff back in should I need to recompile (probably for some random texture bug again)

Baby steps help when working with something this temperamental lol

I wonder how long the NMC texture pack took to make in new vegas? this is a smaller version of the same insane concept.  :chinscratch:

1 man,  no life, 1 game. . . :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:55:41 AM by krispy »

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2018, 01:42:20 AM »
fixed! AND it fixed the lighting bug on the fence behind jack when he first speaks to your character!

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2018, 07:53:53 AM »
the doorknob from seemingly everywhere, almost finished redoing it.

I got to steal a getty images pic and remove their mark from it, which was actually pretty easy.

I then reworked it to be the right shape and all that jazz for the keyhole escutcheon.

I have typed escutcheon more in 24 hours than I have ever heard it said out loud.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:31:48 AM by krispy »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2018, 08:38:28 AM »
Seems it has to do with chasing down an entity placed outside the map in one of the patch updates. I'm told it will look like a word bubble once I fire hammer up and get to the point list I believe it was called.

Yes, that is my fault. Before Hammer was available, I moved static entities to make them dissappear. If they ended up outside the skybox the map will not compile! Just load the pointfile after that, follow the red line and delete these entities. Except if they are logics or similar, then just move them somewhere inside the map boundaries.

the santa monica roads are waiting for me to be comfortable putting rain and stuff back in should I need to recompile.

I can't help you with the rain though, Psycho-A did that for the recompiled patch maps, he also did the water there.

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2018, 08:43:49 AM »
No worries, for stuff like that I bet hammer tutorials already exist and I can always pick Burgermeister01's brain as well :)

I appreciate the help and persistent interest in the project. I see why you enjoy bug fixing too. quite fun fixing a broken bit in a game!

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2018, 09:31:42 AM »
woohoo!!! new doorknob!

It took like 5 hours to get everything picked out and assembled just right. Still, if you look at the rosette, needs a spot of adjustment.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:23:06 AM by krispy »

* Game Files