collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: A bit of a strange hello and mod request  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Malkavian

• Fledgling
A bit of a strange hello and mod request
« on: September 28, 2013, 02:42:04 am »
Hello everyone. I have been a long time fan of the WoD, especially the vampire and fae games. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is my second all time favourite game (after The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind).

So, onto the main purpose of this thread. I am originally from the Camarilla Edition forums under the name Toreador. I made a request in a thread for a reskin of the male Ventrue model which I was going to use as the male Malkavian model for a playthrough of Camarilla Edition.

What I would like is for the hair to be lightened to a pale blonde. I would like the shirt to be reskinned to look like a black and white stripped shirt. I would like the pants to be coloured a dark grey-blue to match the shirt. If it's at all possible, could the pants be made to be more fitted? If not, that's perfectly okay. I'm not sure how to go about the shoes (I can't remember what they look like), but I trust whoever would do the reskin would make them match the outfit Razz If someone is going to do this and you need specifics, I'll gladly provide you with some.

I hope I'm not asking too much, as I've never modded VtMB and don't know how difficult it might be.

*I originally had links for reference but I can't post external links right now*

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
Re: A bit of a strange hello and mod request
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 03:09:19 am »
I think you'd be better off either A) learning how to do it yourself based on the V:tM:B Modding Guides, these forums, additional modding forums, and the modders here in chat or B) putting up some cash so someone might have an incentive to do it.  20-40 USD doesn't sound bad for what you're asking.  For a skilled reskinner it might take a few hours, would be my guess.  That does seem like kindof a lot for a unique character in a single player game (although 20 isn't bad, 40 seems more on the expensive side), but you could also use the 3D model by taking a headshot and using it as a forum avatar, uploading a side or front shot to a wiki of your character, etc.  So it has more uses and I admit, of all the games of Bloodlines I have played (and I have played MANY), it never crossed my mind to do a play through as a visually specific character I had designed myself (I am a bit deficient at fashion).  Still, that'd be awesome.  If someone steps up to do yours (for money), I might just jump in, too.  Must have Nagaraja male model!!!!!  (see, I'm already making it more difficult than your reskinning, I want a whole new model)

Nigama
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:11:00 am by Nigama »
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Claudia Vonigner

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 10:45:59 am »
Dude it's what I was telling you on CE forums : READ THE THREADS HERE AND DO IT YOURSELF :

http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t1814-character-models-ingame

For caine's sake, for a native english speaker you have the comprehension level of my 3rd graders :(

Offline Malkavian

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 01:00:49 pm »
I think you'd be better off either A) learning how to do it yourself based on the V:tM:B Modding Guides, these forums, additional modding forums, and the modders here in chat or B) putting up some cash so someone might have an incentive to do it.  20-40 USD doesn't sound bad for what you're asking.  For a skilled reskinner it might take a few hours, would be my guess.  That does seem like kindof a lot for a unique character in a single player game (although 20 isn't bad, 40 seems more on the expensive side), but you could also use the 3D model by taking a headshot and using it as a forum avatar, uploading a side or front shot to a wiki of your character, etc.  So it has more uses and I admit, of all the games of Bloodlines I have played (and I have played MANY), it never crossed my mind to do a play through as a visually specific character I had designed myself (I am a bit deficient at fashion).  Still, that'd be awesome.  If someone steps up to do yours (for money), I might just jump in, too.  Must have Nagaraja male model!!!!!  (see, I'm already making it more difficult than your reskinning, I want a whole new model)

Nigama

Thanks for the reply. I've never paid for a mod and never intend  to. I'd like to be able to do it myself, but I'm just really afraid to because I always have this idea that I'm going to royally mess something up. I'll try to search the forums to learn how to do it, but if you could direct me to any specific thread, I'd be grateful :)

About looks: I have a very specific idea about the characters I make and the includes looks. Looks are very important for me to be able to really get into my character and feel them.

Sorry again about the awkward introduction. I prefer to actually have an introduction thread, but didn't see any on here  :irritated:

Offline Claudia Vonigner

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 01:04:58 pm »
You really need to open your eyes. I linked to this subforum on CE because it had TWO threads with that exact same question for you to get ANSWERS, not to get someone to do the work just for your pretty eyes and your whims :
"Skinning question"
and
"How do I change an NPC's model?"

Offline Malkavian

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 08:12:16 pm »
Well, I've had a tutorial from someone now and I've ran into a huge problem- VPKT doesn't extract my tga files that I've converted to any place. However, when I do browse which files to upload in VPKT, it shows tga files in my /materials/models/characters/pc/male/ventrue/armor0, but I can't see them anywhere else.

I have screenshots uploaded to imgur, but I can't post links on here.

[Edit] Nevermind, I found them somehow. Now that I have one opened up in PS, I have no idea what to do there. I've never seen a PS tutorial or anything so I'll have to look for one but it honestly looks really difficult (though I suspect it's not).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:30:18 pm by Malkavian »

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 02:58:03 am »
Good lucK!  And once you figure out how to do it, lemme know so I can give you 20 bux to make me my male Nagaraja character.  Must have Pisha's sweet eyeballs... yeah, mos def. 

Nigama
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Maxus Corvin

• Methuselah
  • As of yet, only half evil...
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 03:01:16 am »
Good lucK!  And once you figure out how to do it, lemme know so I can give you 20 bux to make me my male Nagaraja character.  Must have Pisha's sweet eyeballs... yeah, mos def. 

Nigama

You want to use the same eye textures that Pisha does for one of your characters? That is very simple.

The easiest way would be to copy an NPC's Eyeball_R.vmt and Eyeball_L.vmt(easiest would be Boris 'Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire\materials\models\character\npc\unique\downtown\boris\' to the armor0(i.e 'vampire\materials\models\characters\pc\[clan]\') folder for the clan you want this for. Then, just copy the information below into the copied files, and save:

Code: [Select]
"Eyes"
{
"$basetexture" "models/character/eyes/Eyeball2"
"$iris" "models/character/eyes/vamp_eye_smooth_inverse_greyyellow"
"$vampire" 1
}

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal