collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Hey all update 9/21/13, plus I noticed Tessera is livid (again)!  (Read 11490 times)

Offline Drathian

• A Vampyre Modder
  • Neonate
    • Demon Castle Dracula
Hey all update 9/21/13, plus I noticed Tessera is livid (again)!
« on: September 21, 2013, 06:46:52 AM »
As many of  you knew I hosted a installer and a manual installer for int13's custom vtmb launcher, I also was the second person to attempt to update companion mod with everything, turned out to be a mess with some complier code.  Anyrate, first my files were deleted on that faithful day by megaupload, and then my backups of the smaller things were deleted off of mediafire, because somebody thought one of my mods  for a different game (duke nukem forever) matched an algorithm of a mp3 title, geez.  I know how to host off my bloody router if I had to, but anyrate, if anyone needs those files I'll attempt to repost them (minus the companion mod crap, i gotta redo that better).

I happened to be updating my archives of all the vtmb patches and i came across this at tessmage, wtf, seirously:

You know i usually stay out of drama, and I often thought about trying his mod, but I'm convinced now I wouldn't try it if he paid me to, Tessera is a drama magnet among other things.... does anyone here even know what this mod was about even about, since he's withdrawn it again?  I'm barely curious, i think it had something to do with good nude textures or something.  I'll prolly be black listed from his site for saying this if I had even managed to register, maybe he'll lose it and make some anti-drathian shrine now or something.  At this point i can't be moved to care, but read this shit it seriously out there:

Tessera's VTMB Mega-Mod Has Been Withdrawn From The Public

One of the most popular mods around here... my 1.5 gigabyte VTMB Mega-Mod... will no longer be available to the public. It has henceforth been removed from its original location and will go back to being a tessmage.com Forum veterans-only offering. Which means that ONLY those veteran Forum members whom I know and trust will be granted continued access to all Mega-Mod files, including all future upgrades. If requested, they will be given access via a private download link... which is invisible to the rest of the internet.

The reason for this decision is simple, albeit unfortunate:

Back when I reluctantly decided to make the VTMB Mega-Mod available to all Forum members, I did so with a single condition. I stated that if I ever saw this mod being offered for downloading on ANY other web site, then I would withdraw the Mega-Mod and stop offering any support for it. I further stated that the VTMB Mega-Mod would ONLY be made available to Forum members, who had at least 5 posts to their credit.

Neither of those conditions are unreasonable, given the time it took for me to create this mod, along with the real world expense of hosting it on this site and paying for all of the bandwidth it chews up. Remember that my VTMB Mega-Mod is the single largest mod ever created for Bloodlines by ANYBODY and its 1.5+ gigabyte size costs real money to host. So asking everyone to contribute a little something in return hardly seems unreasonable... especially since all they were being asked to contribute was 5 measly posts on this board.
This is another reason that I wanted to keep it exclusively for our tessmage.com Forum members, all of whom
I must also mention that the VTMB Mega-Mod is an adult mod, and it contains quite a bit of explicit content. were required to declare that they are adults when they signed up for this board. Can people lie about their age..? Yes, of course they can... but at least it removes any of the responsibility from ME if... so far as *I* am aware... all of the people downloading the Mega-Mod had previously declared that they were adults.

But it has come to my attention that a certain member, who goes by the name of "mouser," has spent the past six months helping people to leech my Mega-Mod from here, thus enabling them to bypass my wishes and chew up my bandwidth for nothing in return.

As proof of this accusation, I offer you the following thread from the Camarilla Edition forum board... a place which "mouser" apparently haunts:

http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t1527p15-need-some-help-on-downloading-installing-clan-quest-mod-onto-bloodlines

As you can see from that thread, "mouser" and a few other people over there... people who are openly hostile towards both myself and this web site... are nevertheless delighting in stealing my work and enjoying it. These are the worst types of hypocrites, folks... people who badmouth me and my work one minute, and then download and install my work a minute later.

Well, that's a shame... because the leeches over on the Camarilla Edition board have effectively screwed everyone else out of obtaining a copy of the VTMB Mega-Mod, along with all of the upgrades and updates to it that I continue to produce. From now on, this mod will go back to being off-limits to all but loyal, veteran tessmage.com Forum members. As it originally was, back when it was first released.

I dislike having to punish everyone for the actions of a revolting few, but I have no other means to ensure that my wishes are respected. I was very plain about what I was and was not willing to accept, before I would release the VTMB Mega-Mod to the public. Well, those wishes have been blatantly trashed... by the members of a forum board which, unsurprisingly, is devoted to one of the worst large-scale VTMB mods in existence (the extremely amateurish and poorly conceived "Camarilla Edition Mod," in this case).

So that, as they say, is that. I wish things could be otherwise. But I can't control the deviant behavior of others. I can only control what happens on my end. Henceforth, the VTMB Mega-Mod is no longer available to the public. And as for "mouser," he will be banned not only from this board, but from the entire tessmage.com server. The way I see it, I'm throwing out the garbage in his case.

In closing, let me state that I will not apologize to the decent and honest VTMB players, who may have been interested in my VTMB Mega-Mod. I'm not apologizing, because I am simply enforcing my own rules, with regards to my own creations. But I do feel badly for all of you. Seriously, I do. Like I said, I wish things were otherwise. So if any of you folks are angry about this sad development, then you already know where to direct your anger: at the people responsible, that's who. Which in this case means the hypocritical leeches over on the Camarilla Edition forums. They are the shitdicks who screwed you out of all present and future editions of the Mega-Mod. As for me, I am simply upholding my own rules.

- Tessera -
May 01, 2013

Veteran tessmage.com Forum members can still obtain the VTMB Mega-Mod, and all present and future updates, by contacting me directly via private message.

Copied over from the members-only area of this board...

I gotta say something here...

Despite my announcements, including an announcement right smack-dab on the main page of this web site...

...and despite Cylnar's strongly-worded announcement, in another thread...

...people are still showing up and begging me for a copy of the Mega-Mod. I'm getting it in PM's, I'm getting it in e-mails, I'm getting it everywhere.

Has it occurred to any of you that I'm frankly getting sick and tired of having to say "No" to people ten times per day..? I'm just as unhappy about this situation as you are. Do you think that I delight in producing what may be the largest and most ambitious VTMB mod ever created by ANYBODY, only to tell people that they can't have a copy of it..? Well let me assure you that I do not enjoy it one bit.

My mod was stolen, by a small group of vicious little creeps over in the Camarilla Edition mod site. They stole it from all of YOU people, too. And yet none of you have done so much as post a single complaint on that board. So if you don't care enough to police your own community, then why are you begging me for the Mega-Mod..? It is obviously not very important to you... because if it was, then you'd all be heading over to the Cammie Edition board and tearing them a new asshole. But you aren't... and you haven't... so I take that as a sign that you really don't care about the fate of the VTMB modding community. Nor do you care about the quality of VTMB mods in general.

So fine... then I don't care, either. I can enjoy my own work whenever I want to. This situation isn't hurting me one bit. Now please stop asking me for a mod that I have withdrawn from the public. No, you are not a special person who deserves a free copy. No, you are not entitled to everything that you desire in life. And no, you are not going to convince me to change my mind. Not so long as you people continue to sit on your lazy, apathetic asses and do nothing when nasty things like this happen.

There will be no more VTMB mods from me... EVER. I am done with it. PERIOD. I can not make it any plainer than that. Any future mods that I create will be reserved for a small, private group of tessmage.com Forum veterans. The rest of you should look elsewhere for VTMB mods in the future. And if that makes you angry, then you need to remember that the larger VTMB community has brought this upon themselves, by not standing up and shaking their fists when they should have.

FOR THE LAST TIME: I am not doing this to punish anyone... I am doing this because I PROMISED THAT I WOULD, way back when the Mega-Mod was first released to the general public. Back then, I stated unambiguously that if my mod was ever stolen, or abused in any ways whatsoever, that I would immediately withdraw the Mega-Mod and refuse to release any new content for it. And back at that time, everyone said "Fine Tess... that sounds fair." Well then, you all need to shut up about it now. I am doing exactly what I promised that I would do. And I am doing it to protect myself from any future theft. If you want to scream at anyone about this, then go scream at the assholes who did this to you. But screaming at me will get you exactly nothing. I am not the bad guy here -- THEY ARE. The Cammie Edition leeches and thieves are your enemies in this matter. So go yell at them.

END OF LINE. I consider this subject to be closed.

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Hey all update 9/21/13, plus I noticed Tessera is livid (again)!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »
So he's ranting again? Well, let him if it makes him happy.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 12:00:29 PM »
... does anyone here even know what this mod was about even about, since he's withdrawn it again?  I'm barely curious, i think it had something to do with good nude textures or something.

Judging from the CE board thread this is probably what it was about, a high resolution texture pack with lots of nude textures which is his speciality. I doubt that it includes new levels, like the UP, new quests, like the CQM, new clans, like the TFN, new game mechanism, like the CE, new companions, like the CM or new weapons like the AM. As for the question on the CE board why his patch is larger than mine although it is supposed to be more basic, I took a look at it once and it includes a multi language Acrobat Reader installation which blows up the size right out of proportions!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:07:14 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Zanderat

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 12:11:02 PM »
Tessera is a bit like Cleve Blakemore.  Both are vile individuals who exist to troll their respective web sites  and have their adoring followers feed their egos.

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
Oh Don't be mean, Tess just needs some cuddles is all lol

Its just the same pattern over and over where he says he not playing no more, I'm taking my toys. It seems to me he feels like he is due more credit than he actually is. Childish mindset.

Only person this harms is himself because in reality who really gives a fuck in the end about computer game mods. Its not like computer game mods drastically change anybody's life in any major way.

This thread existing gives him what he craves. Attention!
Regards...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 04:00:42 PM »
This thread existing gives him what he craves. Attention!

I agree! But really, you needed to post 5 times on his forum to get his mega-mod. What was that? Forcing people to make his forum seem more active only to get his stuff? Traffic here on the UP has decreased a lot over the years too, but as long as the download numbers are high, I don't care. I and probably most other modders want people to play our stuff! What sense does it make to take it away, like he did with his patches as well, except to play for attention?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:36:44 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline mr_homn

• Ancillus
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 12:44:34 AM »
Lol, that pathetic loser. He types a huge wall of text and says about 2 sentences worth of actual information. Drama, drama, drama. Nothing even remotely interesting, either.

Offline Nosferatu Numbers Station

• Concealer of a dead language
  • Methuselah
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 12:45:48 AM »
Who?

I know modding takes effort and time, maybe money as well.  But really, with a game this old he's wasn't going to get the love he so desires, with a condition as tall as that...on the internet of all places.  Perhaps he thought something that isn't mainstream (anymore?) would have less assholes, but as he realized that wasn't the case.  The ratio is lowered, as is the case of the following itself.

Kind of breaks the immersion anyways, seeing a naked Jeanette/Therese the first time you walk into the club.  Maybe if there was more to it than just skins, it'd be more justifiable.  But I never seen the mod, so I really can't judge on the quality.

Well, move on.  Nothing worth blowing a casket over if it's just a ploy for attention.
If you put your head to a pipe, you can always hear ringing.  But whether it's the pipe or your head that's ringing is the question.

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 03:48:15 AM »
You don't get to be a world-famous, baddass rockstar like WeSp by taking your ball and going home.  You gotta put your stuff out there for free and keep the crowds coming back for more!  :rock:

Nigama
lifelong Wesp groupie
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 08:36:21 AM »
...Perhaps he thought something that isn't mainstream (anymore?) would have less assholes, but as he realized that wasn't the case...
If you watch from the toilet drains, it doesn't matter if you go to the Hilton or some shabby motel. All you can see is assholes. *shrugs*

Offline Drathian

• A Vampyre Modder
  • Neonate
    • Demon Castle Dracula
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 02:59:25 PM »
I know i should have refrained from possibly feeding the TROLL's ego, but this is some werid shit.  You'd think the way he talks he was the lead developer of VTMB, and he is personally canceling the WOD MMORPG.... lol

I don't even know enough to care whatever the heck he's talking about.... anyrate, WESP is the tessmage true gold patch 5 w/ revision 7 still basically a clone of your's with werid glitchier random edits?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »
WESP is the tessmage true gold patch 5 w/ revision 7 still basically a clone of your's with weird glitchier random edits?

I guess so. While it is true that compared to the versions up to 4.05, which were created directly out of my work, the patch 5.04 AT was done from scratch, still one of it's very few restorations ended up exactly like mine which is rather suspicious. Some time ago they also used to analyse each of my releases on their board, often just from the readme, making fun of it and misinterpreting it all the time! Judging from the readme there are much less fixes overall and not much seems to have been done after Acrimonious left, who actually started this patch and did most of the patching.

I've just taken a look at his forum today after ignoring it for a long time to check if they still bash my patches and they indeed do, spreading the usual false information! Like I would be forcing my changes on unsuspecting players as if there wasn't a basic patch that is default as well. Or that a lot of my restorations are without explanation while anyone who can look at the maps and scripts can clearly see where they are coming from! I agree, that the new library level or the Sabbat ending go wide into modding territory, but they are plus patch changes only anyway ;).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:22:19 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline roundabout

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 01:32:24 AM »
I always treasure reading this guy's posts, because he's absolutely batshit insane.

His "mega mod" consists of a bunch of nude textures. There's not actually any content (unlike, say, the clan quest mod). I have nothing against nudity, but it takes more than nudity to make a good mod.

Offline Malkyjeff

• Methuselah
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 04:58:53 PM »
This guy still exists?

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 07:20:41 PM »
This guy still exists?
What did you expect? Only the good die young...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal