collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Re: My mods repository  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
Re: My mods repository
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2018, 03:41:20 PM »
Previews from incoming releases:
- my Damsel mod reworked without that awful jacket
- Ming mod based on the early concept arts
- Pisha urban attire (from my incoming project)
- the alternate yukie dress from the game archives (although I've changed her shirt from very light pink to normal blue)
The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2018, 01:23:18 AM »
Nice work

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2018, 01:17:36 PM »
Announcement!
I'll cut it short: I decided to drop Nexus and opt for ModDB. The main reason, beside the registration requirement in Nexus to download my stuff, is the neverending process to upload each file. Seven/eight pages to compile (name and description, images, articles, requirements, permissions, notes, file management ecc.), WITH NO option to set custom defaults, against one single page on ModDB. Sorry for anyone using Nexus, but it wasn't practical

ModDB link

All previous previewed mods (plus the one in the picture) uploaded (and poster mod updated too)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:52:18 PM by Barabbah »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2018, 02:35:37 PM »
Seven/eight pages to compile (name and description, images, articles, requirements, permissions, notes, file management ecc.), WITH NO option to set custom defaults, against one single page on ModDB.

I never knew that, but when I was looking for mods it seemed to me the ModDB is much more organised too. It's like Vorlons and Shadows ;)!

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »
Announcement!
I'll cut it short: I decided to drop Nexus and opt for ModDB. The main reason, beside the registration requirement in Nexus to download my stuff, is the neverending process to upload each file. Seven/eight pages to compile (name and description, images, articles, requirements, permissions, notes, file management ecc.), WITH NO option to set custom defaults, against one single page on ModDB. Sorry for anyone using Nexus, but it wasn't practical

ModDB link

All previous previewed mods (plus the one in the picture) uploaded (and poster mod updated too)

Find it hard to take the skull shirt seriously because it just makes me think of Sid from Toy Story I'm afraid. Also I don't think the black hair works for him.

The white shirt and lighter black trousers combo looks good though. Shirt looks a lot cleaner and realistic.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:29:58 PM by The Shadow Man »

Online deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2018, 04:49:50 PM »
Depends from an angle, could think of nothing but Punisher series. The idea works for me, kind of hiding in a plain sight, not being taken seriously could be an advantage. But the black t-shirt texture aren't any good, looks like someone used a 0x000000 colored pencil in MS Paint all over it. A real black object from such a material still will reflect some diffuse light so won't look like a black hole that absorbs the light completely.

I don't remember if VtM has anything like diffuse and specular maps, if doesn't, one should emulate that effect with a texture alone.

Not impressed with black hair either, red seems so much more apt to him.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:04:02 PM by deicide »

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2018, 05:17:46 PM »

Find it hard to take the skull shirt seriously because it just makes me think of Sid from Toy Story I'm afraid. Also I don't think the black hair works for him.

The white shirt and lighter black trousers combo looks good though. Shirt looks a lot cleaner and realistic.

The skull and particulary the black hairs and blue eyes was more of a joke, in fact him and the Punisher share the same background tragedy

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2018, 05:24:06 PM »
Depends from an angle, could think of nothing but Punisher series. The idea works for me, kind of hiding in a plain sight, not being taken seriously could be an advantage. But the black t-shirt texture aren't any good, looks like someone used a 0x000000 colored pencil in MS Paint all over it. A real black object from such a material still will reflect some diffuse light so won't look like a black hole that absorbs the light completely.

I don't remember if VtM has anything like diffuse and specular maps, if doesn't, one should emulate that effect with a texture alone.

Not impressed with black hair either, red seems so much more apt to him.

Maybe using an envmask in the vmt? If someone wants to try tell us what he came up with. For me the Punisher conversion was only a silly alternative extra, I won't even use it at all  :rofl:

Online deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2018, 06:03:36 PM »
If I remember correctly, it's for specular, this version of Source engine does not support diffuse maps, so this kind of lighting should be emulated, like prerendering a texture in 3D software like Blender or Maya. The best method, but requires exporting a model and textures and then importing back a new texture.

Alternatively, one could try modding a white t-shirt texture, start with a dark grey background, then paint with a darker color over shaded parts.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:10:00 PM by deicide »

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »
if someone wants to try is welcome, but for me was only a little mod (despite my love for his comics but only those released after 2000....)

However, my draft for another project I'm considering to do (from another topic which by mistake I've invaded):
brujah     -> thin bloods (?)
gangrel    -> city gangrel (Animalism, Obfuscate and Protean)*
malks      -> Daughters (Dementation Melpominee, Fortitude and Presence)
nossie     -> Harbingers (Auspex, Fortitude and Thaumaturgy Necromancy)
torrie      -> Ravnos (Animalism, Dominate Chimerstry and Fortitude)
tremere   -> True Brujah (Celerity Temporis, Potence and Presence)
ventrue   -> daywalkers (?)°

* I know they have Celerity and not Animalism, but their ancestors Greek Gangrels had those exact disciplines so whatever. Should instead be Greek Gangrels?

° I'm thinking about him:

If you have any better ideas for those two "clans" consider those are the possible disciplines:
Animalism, Auspex, Temporis, Melpominee, Chimerstry, Fortitude, Obfuscate, Potence, Presence, Protean, Necromancy

About weaknesses:
Thin bloods: no weaknesses but neither advantages (or increased difficulty, just because they're losers)
City/greek gangrels to harbingers: no changes
Ravnos: dipendency to an habit, for goood or for bad (no idea on how to implement it)
True brujah: cold and emotionless (maybe difficulty to raise humanity)
Daywalkers: boh!!

About temporis:
This is the only thing I consider to put on a proper work. I was thinking about 5 disciplines like block time flowing, classic celerity, ecc. Then at level 5 something really neat: after some seconds of activation all actions and npc reactions (except things like picking objects) are rewinded. For example: at the society of leopold base, on first floor where there's the key to the basement, using there the power you can rush in, inevitably alerting the hunter, bring the key, then rewind time. Hunters won't know anything happened at all since it technically didn't happened at all. And you got the key. Obviously it must be balanced with some drawbacks, but this is the base idea. But since I know it can be too complicate to apply it can be dropped.

About the two extra clans:
I'm open to the idea to drop the and even limit the clans to 5. Plus deicide pointed out the daughters are more ventrue than malkavians. Although I remember they were an experiment combining principally malks and torries and in minor part ventrues too, it's also right they shouldn't be fully crazy.

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2018, 04:18:35 AM »
New clans draft #2
I know the maximum clan limit is 7, but what is the minimum instead? Because I said to myself to drop thin bloods and day walkers, since they are pointless, and city gangrels too since it adds little or nothing to the game. And add Nictutus. This leaves eventually one extra discipline spot free too. Any suggestions? Or just stick to 5 clans?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:11:20 AM by Barabbah »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2018, 12:37:35 PM »
There is no minimum as such, but the menu will show the first seven clans it finds, and that includes the multiplayer variations later in clandoc. So if you want less clans available you have to remove not only the clans you don't want to use but the mp_* variants as well.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »
Too much troubles, I'll add two:
- Coyotes (Animalism, Celerity, Protean) not the exactly disciplines, but Gangrels are known for their diversified nature so f**k it
- Daywalkers (Auspex, Celerity, Presence) temporary as its disciplines so f**k it

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2018, 07:08:59 PM »
I have to say I've never really got what people see in Blade but it could be fun to play. Seems like it would suit a video game more anyway.

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2018, 07:43:34 PM »
For the female daywalker....
(okay, I didn't liked these movies so much but since many loved this series it would be nice for them. And I don't know any vampiress more famous....)

* Game Files