collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Some questions again  (Read 108 times)

Offline Wallit

• Neonate
Some questions again
« on: January 25, 2023, 11:16:11 am »
Hello all,
I am advancing - not as fast as I would - but still I came accross some issues and I don't know much how to fix them:
  • Thanks to Barabbah that created the Oblivion discipline for the mod, I have the first level of Oblivion that allow to see ghost (I changed this one :)), everything is working fine and I am using it twice in the chronicle already, the thing is for now the player can spam it, I have seen that it is possible to assign an item with a effect or a duration but is it possible to find a way to remove an effect when leaving a map or anything else? I would like to avoid using item.
  • I would like to add a visual effect or something a bit grey or sepia when the discipline is used but I don't know where to look for, I guess like eye of the beast.
  • Speaking of ghost, I have seen (in CQM I think) that some NPC were displayed as a blueish hologram (when diablerized if I rememeber), is it possible to have those parameters in game changing entity property or should I change the texture?
  • I have created a model based on the ocean's house ghost and the texture of the serial killer that's the killer with a hat, it has a problem it feets fall a bit under the ground and during some animation, they are on the ground (where it should be) I don't know what happens neither how to correct this.
  • I have a problem for the clan weakness of Giovanni/Hecata, for now is damage when feeding, it is ok but I was planning to have a check (UNHARMED + STRENGTH VS STAMINA) and if it fail you take a mascarade hit, but it would be good to allow the player to redeem which means dialog and it is a bit too much to change all npc in hub area. I don't know if it is possible to create an effect that would do this like the ventrue feed problem. I really don't know how to manage this, if it is too complicated, I will probably do side quest on this theme. But if someone has some ideas or suggestion don't hesitate.
Thanks for the help.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: Some questions again
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 03:42:14 pm »
Question number 2

I only know how to add such effect on first person mode, in the particles section on the disciplinetgt file there should be one like this:

Code: [Select]

Particle_FirstPerson

{

"Entity"        "disc_particle"

"RateMin"        "1.0"

"OpacityMin"        "1.0"

"SizeMin"        "1.0"

"ParticleName"    "(particle name)"

"AttachType"    "ScreenCenter"

"AttachName"    ""

}

Still I remember in Antitribu the 2nd level of Nihilistics does add something like that in third person mode, maybe a solution for this can be in its code....

Question number 3

I know how to make a ghost-like effect in the .vmt file of a texture, just change it as:

Code: [Select]

VertexLitGeneric

{

"$basetexture"    "(texture path)"

"$selfillum"    "1"

"$additive"    "1"

"$translucent"     "1"

"Proxies"

{

"Sine"

{

"resultVar"    "$selfillumtint"

"sineperiod"    2

"sinemin"    0

"sinemax"    1

"timeoffset"    3

}

}

}

« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 03:45:22 pm by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 03:48:46 pm »
(Due to weird formatting my previous post has extra spaces between the lines. Still better than previous formattings which were a unique line. Still, remove the extra spaces between the lines before implementing these codes....)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wallit

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 04:32:28 pm »
Question number 3

I know how to make a ghost-like effect in the .vmt file of a texture, just change it as:
This is perfect thanks a lot.
It even works with the space.

I will have a look for the discipline.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal