collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: HD textures - Overhaul project  (Read 5983 times)

Offline OmriKoresh

• Fledgling
  • omrikoresh.com
    • omrikoresh.com
Re: HD textures - Overhaul project
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2022, 12:16:54 pm »
@tarulu that's a good idea tho, i made them blue-ish and you can't really see them well.

also general note- i did a playthrough today, the game crashes A LOT. it's because the textures are too heavy so i need to compromise on stuff... so hopefully.... soon i'll be able to upload it and it won't be so buggy.

Offline OmriKoresh

• Fledgling
  • omrikoresh.com
    • omrikoresh.com
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2022, 02:48:25 pm »
@everyone

the mod is LIVE

https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/234/?tab=description

I'll be taking 2 weeks off and then i'll go back at it and continue towards downtown.
there are buggy issues and there are general things that need to be tweaked but i'll get there slowly.

Offline OmriKoresh

• Fledgling
  • omrikoresh.com
    • omrikoresh.com
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2022, 08:13:36 am »
hey everyone
updating- i'm going back at it,
i'll start by finishing everything else on the UI/UX and give it a separate download.

Do you guys have any idea if it's possible to edit the text of dialogs / hud etc?
it's too big, i'm wondering if it's possible to shrink it / change colors.

i tried to find it myself but i can't figure out the InGame stuff, only the Loading menu.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2022, 10:54:16 am »
Do you guys have any idea if it's possible to edit the text of dialogs / hud etc?

I believe the dialog fonts are set in resource/trackerscheme.res...

Offline OmriKoresh

• Fledgling
  • omrikoresh.com
    • omrikoresh.com
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2022, 09:05:33 am »
@wesp5 only colors! i can't swap fonts. i wanted to have the regular font but keep with colors
those fonts need to be buried with internet explorer. but it's cool, i balanced the colors out!
fully uploaded the UIUX pack to the mod and addec everything else that was missing.

thanks!
i'm going to continue with the pack!

Offline OmriKoresh

• Fledgling
  • omrikoresh.com
    • omrikoresh.com
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2023, 08:08:07 am »
i have questions for everyone, i'd love some input.

so i'm working on the textures, i did Ground and 2 other folders (currently on decals)
so i'm going really Folder by folder, trying to copy the original style as much as i can but HD.

1. can anyone give me Savegames for each of the locations? so i can load chinatown and other maps i didn't get to visit yet? i tried googling but i only found viruses.

2. do you think i ought to update the folders in the Mod or wait until i do everything Besides models.

3. Some people have the textures correctly and some have the textures Really big / Small. and VMT is written Correctly. is there something i might have missed? tips and tricks? like in my game it's working but in others it won't.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2023, 08:22:07 am »
1. Which version of the UP are you using (or are you using the vanilla version)? It matters when it comes to sharing savegames....
The alternative is to use the map changing code in the console. If you're looking for map transitions load a map near the one you want to look at and change then the map ingame.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2023, 09:10:06 am »
For visiting maps, I'd suggest you use the "map" console command like Barabba said. Just open the console and enter: map mapname
The "map" command creates a new character on the map, but for testing that's no problem. If you go to a hub map you can visit most places from there, unless they are locked due to Story_State.

Two other console commands you should keep in mind are "notarget" and "noclip" Both are toggles, i.e. the first call activates them, the second call deactivates. notarget is usefull for exploring combat maps because the enemies will ignore you.

Concerning updates, there are two factors you should consider: regular updates keep people interested, but too many are annoying because your mod has lots of map-changes, so each update requires starting a new game. One more thing concerning updates, the theatre map is visited in character creation, even if the intro is skipped. If you do this map first or leave it till the end, you can split your updates by hub. This way players can install only places their character hasn't visited yet and don't need to start a new game.

For the texture size problems, the only thing I can imagine is that these players have also installed some other texture mod with its own .vmt files.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline OmriKoresh

• Fledgling
  • omrikoresh.com
    • omrikoresh.com
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2023, 07:19:13 am »
Thank you guys.
i'll try the map thing! it will be totally enough i just need to walk around there.
i'll let you know if i get confused  :grin:

for the updates- the textures are reused in many forms so it's not optional to separate them BUT it's fine, i understand what you mean, so like every 2 months or so will make sense.

and i have No idea which game version i have. the regular one?! i have no idea but i don't have mods installed. so it ought to work fine.

Cool, thank you!!

Offline OmriKoresh

• Fledgling
  • omrikoresh.com
    • omrikoresh.com
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2023, 03:42:05 pm »
Guys just to update everyone, i found out why animations didn't work,
it's not that the code was written wrong, it's just that specifically some kinds won't work with a texture upscale.
so the lights on the Ferris wheel and the water waves didn't work because of the added "texturetransform" thing.

so those who animate i'll just leave As Is, they are not many and they already look good, so no need to modify.

I'm writing it so everyone knows.

I'm working on it, hopefully at the beginning of Feb you guys will get an update. i want to update every 2 months.

Offline OmriKoresh

• Fledgling
  • omrikoresh.com
    • omrikoresh.com
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2023, 09:56:53 am »
HI! i'm updating the mod right now.
it includes Much more stuff, 1.5gb worth of textures.

There are a few textures i cannot figure out which i'll probably post here so if anyone could help me with those- i'll appreciate it.

i believe i'll be able to finish next month the WORLD textures and then go to the Models properly after that,

this is a HUGE project but it looks great.

i didn't do a video because all of this work went into so many random places, you'll see that the floor, signs, whatever is great but the walls are terrible. it doesn't look very much different although it is.

So i'm taking a week off and i'll get back to it. but if you are already using it make sure to download the latest version.

https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/234

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal