collapse

Author Topic: Ghanima's Mods  (Read 7251 times)

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
Re: Ghanima's Mods
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2019, 07:32:45 PM »
Following a recent discussion in a neighbouring thread, I decided to recreate LaCroix' pinstripe suit from the now defunct 3Dell mod. 
https://i.imgur.com/2QUxOmt.png
Well done, a suberb addition to my collection.

It's a pity you did not tell me that this was going to take that little time beforehand though, it would've maked a nice extra extra barb for that PM for 3Dell.

(For the records, for a moment I saw, on the stuff you added, a nosering :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
At first it appeared to me as if he's wearing a French manicure, but I shaked this off quickly.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 07:39:49 PM by deicide »
The patient was a young lady whom I was loath to disfigure (c)

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »
Well if she ever replies (doubtful as it is) you can include it and tell her it's no longer needed.  :razz:

I wasn't sure when I was going to make it, but I had a spare couple of hours this morning so...

At first it appeared to me as if he's wearing a French manicure, but I shaked this off quickly.

Haha, nah. Just regular nails; the original texture had none at all.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2019, 07:18:08 AM »
Following a recent discussion in a neighbouring thread, I decided to recreate LaCroix' pinstripe suit from the now dI am also attaching it here before I upload it anywhere else, because Barabbah expressed an interest in adding a beard; feel free to use my edit as a base (if you want to, of course) or change any details you don't like about the suit etc.

Downloaded it (only now with a wifi connection for my pc....). I'll add my touch ASAP
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »
Our little "Man's Lure" soap opera received an unexpected extra episode. I did not initially notice that she took a break from VK exactly before I had sent the salute PM to her. So, edited the message, improving it:
Quote from: deicide
Thanks for not even condescending to grace us with a reply. Already managed just fine by ourselves.
(salute pic)
(recreated LaCroix pic)

Today, she had finally logged in, and I received an unexpected reply:
Quote from: 3dell
Everything was lost due to the Windows reinstall.
You're welcome 👌🏼 [OK gesture].

Apparently, she have mistaken the salute for a Victory sign (palm outward)...
It ended up even more humorous than I expected.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:57:25 PM by deicide »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2019, 01:38:01 PM »
:facepalm:

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2019, 03:03:22 PM »
Maybe you jumped to conclusions too soon :razz:
― me

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2019, 07:08:13 PM »
Nope, she did read the first request message then hadn't replied almost for a week, despite visiting VK regularly. It wasn't until the second one with a little (and prompt) demonstration of power that make her realize we aren't mod beggars. Though she was fooled by a British salute, of course she did get sarcastic thanks.

Exactly the reason I called the ending more humorous than I expected, I'm glad she have reconsidered her attitude and wasn't above admitting it by not being sarcastic in return.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:56:59 AM by deicide »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2019, 07:41:23 PM »
Then things are two: or she's naive and all was an a misunderstanding (with a profile like that she must like receive hundreds of messages which ends up blurred in a wall of nothing) or she's the snob you experienced. In any case is irrelevant.

(Having passed too many misjudgments I tend to be as neutral as possible, don't mind my swissness)
― me

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2019, 07:48:11 PM »
The first message was marked as "read", so there were no misunderstanding. She clearly did not consider it important enough to reply.
It's the World of Darkness IRL. Even small-time lingerie designers are into the vampiric cult of power. Such an attitude is more common among Russians, 90's are long gone, but nevertheless a part of youth acquired that bandits' shtick, they would admit defeat unlike their Western counterparts.

Should I add that in such a striped suit and rings LaCroix looks not unlike one? If going for more serious look, I would recommend silver rings, not as gaudy. Although LaCroix is quite a peacock of a criminal authority, a real "беспредельщик" (close to "an outrageous one", the one who oversteps the limits and breaks rules) so it could be fitting. Still, Russian bandit movies are so trite and unrealistic, that I would go for silver of non-kitschy design nevetheless.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 08:16:38 PM by deicide »

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2019, 09:14:40 PM »
Should I add that in such a striped suit and rings LaCroix looks not unlike one? If going for more serious look, I would recommend silver rings, not as gaudy. Although LaCroix is quite a peacock of a criminal authority, a real "беспредельщик" (close to "an outrageous one", the one who oversteps the limits and breaks rules) so it could be fitting. Still, Russian bandit movies are so trite and unrealistic, that I would go for silver of non-kitschy design nevetheless.

I gave quite a bit of thought to the rings, and whether I should add them at all, but I felt the outfit was missing...something. LaCroix is someone who enjoys flaunting his wealth and power - think of the tower he uses as his headquarters, and his office which looks like a replica of a room from the Versailles, all gold plating, chandeliers and priceless artwork - so I figured he'd be the type to add a touch of opulence to his look. I wanted something showy but not tacky (there's a fine line there) so I figured a relatively simple gold design (the metal of royalty) with one diamond and no other jewellery (although I do wish I could've placed it on only one hand, but that's impossible because the textures are mirrored).

But it would be simple enough to remove if anyone hates it...

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:20:24 PM by Ghanima_Atreides »
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »
I'm alright with it as is, nothing more than some random thoughts.

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2019, 10:40:25 PM »

although I do wish I could've placed it on only one hand, but that's impossible because the textures are mirrored).

But it would be simple enough to remove if anyone hates it...

It is quite simple to do actually. All you need is manually change models UV in blender and export it back to the game.

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2019, 07:59:19 AM »
I'm sure it is, for someone who know how to use Blender.  :razz: I can't even get it to install properly.
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2019, 08:28:30 AM »
I'm sure it is, for someone who know how to use Blender.  :razz: I can't even get it to install properly.

What kind of problem have you with it? Maybe I can help.

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2019, 08:41:15 AM »
Well I tried using the instructions from this post but failed miserably, because first of all I kept getting an error which said "Python is not installed" (or something to that effect) and importing models into it didn't work. I'm not sure if those instructions are outdated or I just did something wrong, but I must emphasize I really know nothing about Blender, from installing to using it. :/

But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.