collapse

Author Topic: Ghanima's Mods  (Read 5469 times)

Offline vampire_nonsense

• Neonate
Re: Ghanima's Mods
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2019, 05:39:08 PM »
I already did add shadows, although I didn't think of bevel/emboss. I will try that too. Thing is, they're really quite thin, so they don't have enough surface area to pop out too much (and they seem to pop more in some lighting conditions than others, such as the first screenshot I posted).  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, okay, I wasn't sure if I saw some or not! It can be hard to tell just from screenshots, because, I agree, it's often a matter of lighting. If you try it, I hope it helps you achieve the effect you want. She came out really well, in any case.

And I DID notice her textures have Heather's name in them! Interestingly enough, the model for the body is also identical to Tremere Armor 1. Even the textures are similar, just without the arcane pattern on the top.

It's interesting how often that happens! It's always cool to see when people make new PC sets by just swapping and touching up textures for the same model types (like the "Nadia-Locke" Ventrue set using Jezebel Locke, Nadia, and Mira Giovanni textures as bases). Makes me check out all the little-used models in the game for ideas.

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2019, 05:59:58 PM »
Well, I think this is the final version and with this I am done and can actually play her now.  :rofl:

There are more model similarities than one might think so, yeah...cutting corners, I guess, but it can also help when modding, as you said.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline vampire_nonsense

• Neonate
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2019, 06:20:35 PM »
I really like her face, especially the eyeliner! I can't believe how well her hair came out, consider how ugly and stiff the model is. I have this hopeless feeling whenever I look at models with that kind of hair.

We've all been there, I think! Hell, I spent a couple months making the Corporate Goth set just to play :rofl:

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2019, 06:28:41 PM »
I have this hopeless feeling whenever I look at models with that kind of hair.
I had the same feeling whenever was trying to mod any fvcking game in any way. Proper software design and game development are polar opposites, no matter corporate or indie.
Probably, idTech 1-3 (Doom and Quake series) is the only properly done game engine in existense. The company is headed by the real oldschool programmer who doesn't settle on compromises. The game will be released when it's done (c).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:44:27 PM by deicide »
The patient was a young lady whom I was loath to disfigure (c)

Offline Viatrixa

• Fledgling
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2019, 08:29:15 PM »
She looks very pretty and classy.

We had a red, curly haired toreador lady in our campaign and she turned out to be a complete backstabber so I hope Ms. Emily is nothing like her!  :rofl:

I really like the jewelry on her blouse. Definitely better looking than the default tor. Looks very beautiful!

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2019, 09:21:29 PM »
I really like her face, especially the eyeliner! I can't believe how well her hair came out, consider how ugly and stiff the model is. I have this hopeless feeling whenever I look at models with that kind of hair.

I really like the jewelry on her blouse. Definitely better looking than the default tor. Looks very beautiful!

Thank you  :smile: The hair is nor perfect, it has gaps from certain angles (especially the front) buuut I guess we rarely see our characters from the front anyway.  :razz:

We had a red, curly haired toreador lady in our campaign and she turned out to be a complete backstabber so I hope Ms. Emily is nothing like her!

Ooh backstabbing Toreadors can be quite dangerous!  :bite:

But no, Emily isn't like that at all; she is a high humanity Toreador who isn't coping so well with her new condition and has a dysfunctional, co-dependent relationship with Heather through whom she lives vicariously. She is no coward, though, and will fight tooth and nail if cornered.

I had lots of ideas and inspiration for story snippets featuring her but...who has the time, with dissertation deadlines looming?  :facepalm: Technically I don't even have time for this, but modding/gaming relaxes me.
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2019, 11:50:41 PM »
We had a red, curly haired toreador lady in our campaign and she turned out to be a complete backstabber so I hope Ms. Emily is nothing like her!  :rofl:
But no, Emily isn't like that at all; she is a high humanity Toreador who isn't coping so well with her new condition and has a dysfunctional, co-dependent relationship with Heather through whom she lives vicariously. She is no coward, though, and will fight tooth and nail if cornered.

Then what's about a green-eyed Tzimisce with somewhat curly hair, though not red? Myself consider backstabbing sucky, albeit for the whole different reason.

As for Emily, expected something darker regarding color choice, but I should say it came out much better than I initially thought, hair in particular. Necklace in Fallout 3 is really awkward (unlike your Bloodlines reskin), the lace looks like a rope floating above the neck, exactly as in TES4: Oblivion, the same idiotic Gamebryo engine, save higher texture resolution. Using a cut-rate 3d "engine" for a cult classic threequel is unforgivable. Considering that they did not lack financial resources at the time, it's twice as assholish. Even if autolevelled Falloblivion gameplay did not suck, I shall not ever touch that piece of American pitbull shit for this reason alone, no matter the New Vegas plot by Chris Avellone whom they hired in order to cover their incompetency. The company name sounds exactly as "бес песда" (no cunt or demon-cunt) in Russian. Very fitting.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 01:59:17 AM by deicide »
The patient was a young lady whom I was loath to disfigure (c)

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2019, 11:47:31 AM »

As for Emily, expected something darker regarding color choice, but I should say it came out much better than I initially thought, hair in particular. Necklace in Fallout 3 is really awkward (unlike your Bloodlines reskin), the lace looks like a rope floating above the neck, exactly as in TES4: Oblivion, the same idiotic Gamebryo engine, save higher texture resolution.

To be fair, it looks even worse without the necklace; there is a VERY visible seam between the neck and the rest of the body, which is an unfixable issue with modded body meshes...but yeah Gamebryo has its issues.

As for the colour choice, Emily isn't gothic by any stretch of the imagination, despite being a vampire in WoD, so I wanted that to be reflected in the way she dresses.  :razz: Although she still has a "darker" look than in other settings...

Meanwhile, I've finally finished the Raver Girl, now the Cybergoth Girl. This took way too much work, and I cannot help but think that she was originally meant to be someone more important, given how detailed her model is. Each bit comes with its own texture which is better than most in this game...

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:55:45 AM by Ghanima_Atreides »
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2019, 01:48:27 PM »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2019, 05:22:59 PM »
*claps* very good

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2019, 11:34:39 AM »
Thank you very much!  :smile: Slowly but surely I am getting near to completing this project... if only I didn't get distracted by other ideas.  :rofl:

Following a recent discussion in a neighbouring thread, I decided to recreate LaCroix' pinstripe suit from the now defunct 3Dell mod. 

I also edited his face a little, improving a few details, added nails, a ring etc.

I am also attaching it here before I upload it anywhere else, because Barabbah expressed an interest in adding a beard; feel free to use my edit as a base (if you want to, of course) or change any details you don't like about the suit etc.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:36:20 AM by Ghanima_Atreides »
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.
Love Love x 1 View List

Offline bloodstone

• Fledgling
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2019, 01:44:32 PM »
I like this thank you.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2019, 02:39:03 PM »
Yay! Thanky!
(For the records, for a moment I saw, on the stuff you added, a nosering :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2019, 03:26:54 PM »
Excellent work, Ghanima.  :rock:

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2019, 05:30:41 PM »
Yay! Thanky!
(For the records, for a moment I saw, on the stuff you added, a nosering :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's a pretty funny mental image.

LaCroix: That is slander!  :irritated:

Excellent work, Ghanima.  :rock:

Thank you!
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.