collapse

Author Topic: Exporting/Importing new Discipline from one mod to the other  (Read 226 times)

Offline ArcherPK

• Fledgling
Exporting/Importing new Discipline from one mod to the other
« on: February 11, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »
Hi everyone

Due to having started modding a bit for my private use, I‘ve wondered whether it‘s possible to import a new discipline from one mod to the other. To be precise, I would like to use the Obtenebration discipline from Antitribu in my Unofficial Patch and Clan Quest Mod installation.

I‘ve already copied every Obtenebration/Lasombra file and the Obtenebration discipline05.txt. I tried to modify the clandoc accordingly (trying to „exchange“ the Ventrue with Lasombra and Presence with Obtenebration). Next step is copying all extra files mentioned in the discipline05.txt.

So, am I on the right path?

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
Re: Exporting/Importing new Discipline from one mod to the other
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:32:41 AM »
Those new disciplines are scripted (original ones are hard coded into the engine), so they will require to transfer scripts and modified maps as well.
The patient was a young lady whom I was loath to disfigure (c)

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 10:54:47 AM »
As Deicide says It won't work.
In every  map antitribu added the particles and the options to use the scripts...

Sorry mate.

Offline ArcherPK

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:02:48 AM »
Thanks guys for the quick answers! It was worth a try  :smile: So I’ll go back to roleplaying a Ventrue/Lasombra using Obfuscate as Obtenebration.