collapse

Author Topic: Copy a Scene from One Mod to Another?  (Read 421 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Copy a Scene from One Mod to Another?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 05:47:34 PM »

Well... I managed to get to Santa Monica and deal with Julius, but the taxi's gone! How do I get the taxi to spawn so I can take it back to Hollywood?
Just to make sure, you're not Nosferatu? Has something happened that your G.Story_State variable has been reset?
You can check by entering G.Story_State in the console and compare the result with the list in the patch manual. If the variable has the wrong value you can set it by typing G.Story_State = # in the console. Any value of 5 or more should unhide the taxi when you load the Santa Monica hub map unless you are a Nossie.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Neonate
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 06:22:39 PM »
I've just checked how burgermeister did the VV dance. It is via cutscene and also requires a rather complicated script.
There is no way I could talk you through it unless I test the whole thing on my system first. And I won't have time for that until next week. The cutscene requires copying many entities from one map to the other and I don't know exactly which ones without testing.

I thought so. You're on vacation, right (or am I confusing you with Barrabah? lol)? If you can test it and help me out, that would be absolutely amazing. But I understand if you have more important things to do.

Thank you either way!

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 08:22:49 PM »
Yes I'm on vacation. I'll get to it next week when I'm back home. You want the VV dance into the patch or in some other mod?
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Neonate
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 10:11:52 PM »
Yes I'm on vacation. I'll get to it next week when I'm back home. You want the VV dance into the patch or in some other mod?

Unofficial Patch Plus

Thank you so much!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 10:43:12 PM »

Unofficial Patch Plus

Maybe I could do it. Originally burgermeister asked me to not include this as it was supposed to be a feature of the CQM, but seeing all the trouble you are going to, I might take a look as he said I could do so if I must...

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Neonate
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »
I'm just looking to do it for myself. It doesn't need to be added to the patch officially. I'm slowly building my own "perfect VTMB1" using bits and pieces of different mods. TBH I thought this would be easier for some reason, but if it can be done that'd be awesome.

Plus I'm learning a heck of a lot about Python, game design, etc in doing this, so it's fascinating from that angle.

Though obviously I'm not gonna turn down your help, either, Wesp5. Any and all help is appreciated...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:50:02 PM by NateHevens »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 04:12:13 AM »
I'm just looking to do it for myself. It doesn't need to be added to the patch officially. I'm slowly building my own "perfect VTMB1" using bits and pieces of different mods. TBH I thought this would be easier for some reason, but if it can be done that'd be awesome.

Just for curiosity, what bits did you picked up so far? :3
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Neonate
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 07:40:23 AM »

Just for curiosity, what bits did you picked up so far? :3

I just started it, so not much so far. I love Clan Quest, but I sometimes enjoy playing the OG game with just the Plus enhances.

I want to add one or two things from Clan Quest if it's at all possible. This one is the first...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 03:06:49 PM by NateHevens »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2019, 11:14:13 AM »
Are you interested in the Companion Mod too? I know I looked like a fool failing to make it work on newer mods/UP but still I hope to see it working one day....
― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2019, 11:44:54 AM »
Are you interested in the Companion Mod too? I know I looked like a fool failing to make it work on newer mods/UP but still I hope to see it working one day....

Companion mod add will need work in every game map... is a big effort

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Neonate
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 03:05:53 PM »

Is Companion Mod used by Antitribu? If so, I was very turned off by the way you gained companions, especially vampire companions. I would adore a mod that allowed vampires to voluntarily join you for a quest or two, but I wasn't big on how it worked in Antitribu.

That said, I'd try it out if you really wanted to try again with it...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 04:42:31 PM »
Is Companion Mod used by Antitribu? If so, I was very turned off by the way you gained companions, especially vampire companions.

I don't know about the companions of the Antitribu mod, but in the original Comp Mod you used some weird magical item, which I disliked.

Also I have included VV's dance scene into the UP now and it should be available in the next RC! I only cut the intimate ending and the music...

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Neonate
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 04:50:39 PM »
I don't know about the companions of the Antitribu mod, but in the original Comp Mod you used some weird magical item, which I disliked.

Yup. That's how it worked in Antitribu, as well. I hated it.

Also I have included VV's dance scene into the UP now and it should be available in the next RC! I only cut the intimate ending and the music...

Why am I not surprised that you cut the intimate ending? LOL

TBH I was gonna try and copy over the whole thing, but that works! I look forward to being able to download it.

Out of curiosity, are you willing to share what you did to make it happen? What was the process needed to copy it over? I'm assuming it was a lot more than just copying the DLG and map over...

I'd very much like to learn how it works...

(Okay honestly I did kinda want that intimate ending, too, but I'm not gonna complain...)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:57:35 PM by NateHevens »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2019, 06:18:34 PM »
All versions of the companion mod has this item to mindrape and force most of the NPC to become your companions. I agree with you: it's not nice. It was enough to complete their quests, make them happy and ask them to join you.
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2019, 06:21:06 PM »

You can still use the alternate vesuvius song ;)
― me