collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: clandoc000.txt edits and missing HUD inventory icons for armor.  (Read 363 times)

Offline Norrwin

• Neonate
clandoc000.txt edits and missing HUD inventory icons for armor.
« on: November 10, 2019, 09:57:06 pm »
I started a mod to play as a Caitiff & Thin Blood and it seems to be going well but when I change the "Name" in the clandoc file to Caitiff the armor icons in inventory disappear. The armor is still there and can be equipped and unequipped with the console. Somehow the inventory icons are tied to the "Name" field in the ClanData entry.

I saw in the light clothes armor item file that this is some kind of kludge. Can anyone explain the working of this? Is there a file somewhere that indexes to these names that I can add my materials to, I have all the HUD Caitiff armor materials for the models listed but don't know how to tie them in to a new "Name", seems only the existing clan names work.

As it stands now I have to select Brujah at character creation and I have overwritten the HUD armor materials for Brujah with Ventrue male and Tremere female versions. But I would like the "Name" at character creation to be displayed as Caitiff instead of Brujah if possible.

ClanData
   {
      Text
      {
         "TemplateName"         "Player_Caitiff"
         "Name"            "Brujah"
         "Description"         "Sired illicitly with no knowledge of the world they are born into. They have difficulty learning and accessing their disciplines. As such they must rely more heavily on navigating the challenges of their new life by guile, trickery, and any other means they can find. No discipline can be raised above 3, cost to purchase disciplines is several times more than other clans, and Blood Buff is only learned through experience."
         "ShortDescription"   "Outcast in Kindred society, lacking disciplines on embrace they must survive by any means possible."
         "ShortPenaltyDescription"   "No disciplines at character creation and the cost of acquiring disciplines is high."
      }

General
      {
         "Clan"         "Caitiff"
         "M_Body0"      "models/character/pc/male/ventrue/armor0/ventrue_male_armor_0.mdl"
         "M_Body1"      "models/character/pc/male/ventrue/armor1/ventrue_male_armor_1.mdl"
         "M_Body2"      "models/character/pc/male/ventrue/armor2/ventrue_male_armor_2.mdl"
         "M_Body3"      "models/character/pc/male/ventrue/armor3/ventrue_male_armor_3.mdl"
         "M_Body4"      "models/character/pc/male/ventrue/armor3/ventrue_male_armor_3.mdl"
         "M_Body5"      "models/character/pc/male/ventrue/armor3/ventrue_male_armor_3.mdl"
         "F_Body0"      "models/character/pc/female/tremere/armor0/tremere_female_armor_0.mdl"
         "F_Body1"      "models/character/pc/female/tremere/armor1/tremere_female_armor_1.mdl"
         "F_Body2"      "models/character/pc/female/tremere/armor2/tremere_female_armor_2.mdl"
         "F_Body3"      "models/character/pc/female/tremere/armor3/tremere_female_armor_3.mdl"
         "F_Body4"      "models/character/pc/female/tremere/armor3/tremere_female_armor_3.mdl"
         "F_Body5"      "models/character/pc/female/tremere/armor3/tremere_female_armor_3.mdl"
         "M_Hands"      "models/hands/male/shared/v_shared_male_hands.mdl"
         "F_Hands"      "models/hands/female/shared/v_shared_female_hands.mdl"
         "Gender"      "Male, Female"
//         "History"      "None, Megalomaniac, All-Star Athlete, Black-Hearted, Avid RPG Fan, Academic, Ex-cop, Perv, Deaf"
         "ClanEffect"      "Clan (Caitiff)"
         "FrenzyEffect"      "Frenzy (Kindred)"
         "Kindred"      "1"
         "ClanIcon"      "cm_clan_symbol_mercenary"
         "Multiplayer"      "1"
         "MPEquipPkg"      "1"
         "Is_BlueBlood"   "0"
         "SoundGroup"   ""
      }

Attributes
      {
         "Attrib_Order"   "Social_Mental_Physical"
         "Strength"      "1"
         "Dexterity"      "1"
         "Stamina"      "1"
         "Charisma"      "1"
         "Manipulation"      "1"
         "Appearance"      "1"
         "Perception"      "1"
         "Intelligence"      "1"
         "Wits"         "1"
//         "Max_Health"      "10"

"BloodPool"      "8"
         "FaithPoints"      "0"
         "Generation"      "10"
         "Starting_Equipment"   "Player_Kindred_Caitiff"
         "Excluded_Equipment"   "Default"
         "Experience"      "0"

"CharGen_AutoLevel_Template"   "Caitiff_CharGen"
         "Default_AutoLevel_Template"   "Caitiff_Default"
      }

Abilities
      {
         "Ability_Order"   "Talents_Skills_Knowledges"
//         "Athletics"      "0"
         "Brawl"         "0"
         "Dodge"         "0"
         "Intimidation"      "0"
         "Subterfuge"      "0"
//         "Animal_Ken"      "0"
         "Firearms"      "0"
         "Melee"         "0"
         "Security"      "0"
         "Stealth"      "0"
         "Computer"      "0"
         "Finance"      "0"
         "Investigation"      "0"
         "Academics"      "0"
//         "Occult"      "0"
      }

Disciplines
      {
//         "Blood_Healing"      "1"
///         "Blood_Buff_Dexterity"   "1"
///         "Blood_Buff_Stamina"   "1"
///         "Blood_Buff_Strength"   "1"
         "Corpus_Vampirus"   "0"
         "Celerity"      "0"
         "Potence"      "0"
         "Presence"      "0"
      }

//   Numina

//   Reactions
      Reactions
      {
         To
         {
            "None"         "0"
            "Brujah"      "+15"
            "Gangrel"      "+20"
            "Malkavian"      "+5"
            "Nosferatu"      "+30"
            "Toreador"      "-10"
            "Tremere"      "-15"
            "Ventrue"      "-10"
         }
      }
   }

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: clandoc000.txt edits and missing HUD inventory icons for armor.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 08:56:48 am »
Have you already tried keeping TemplateName and Clan name Brujah and only change the display Name? Or of that fails turning in the Human template before Brujah into Caitiff?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:58:31 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Norrwin

• Neonate
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 03:39:16 pm »
Have you already tried keeping TemplateName and Clan name Brujah and only change the display Name? Or of that fails turning in the Human template before Brujah into Caitiff?

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure if I had specifically tried only changing the Name and keeping the rest Brujah but I know I tried changing everything one at a time and found that if Name isn't Brujah armor icons in inventory do not work. I did try the name changes you suggested just now and with the same result. The reason I would prefer not to use Brujah clan name is because Caitiff has dialogue separate from Brujah.

I have not tried any slots other than the existing vampire clans but have tried several of those slots and they all work the same keep original Name => works, change Name => breaks. Next I will try moving it to the human slot as you recommend.

Offline Norrwin

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 06:04:55 pm »

I tried using the Human template above Brujah and it crashed the game so I tried the Human templates below Ventrue and they don't crash the game but are not shown as being options when creating a character.

I looked at the Antitribu mod and they get the HUD inventory armor icons to work using non-standard Clan Names but I don't know how. The HUD icons they use are generic (don't match anything ingame) regardless of clan, male, or female but are different for armor0, armor1, etc.

Maybe the link isn't in the files but in the models, I haven't looked there as it is a bit outside my skill set.  For now unless someone explains this magic, I will have to either start learning about modeling or look for alternate solutions.

Offline blacksnk7

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 11:39:34 pm »
Let me see if i get this straight. You wish to change the model of the Brujah to the Ventrue one (as in the first image), but also change the in-game icons of their armor to match the Ventrue's armor (the one from the second image)?

Offline Norrwin

• Neonate
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 04:53:56 am »
Let me see if i get this straight. You wish to change the model of the Brujah to the Ventrue one (as in the first image), but also change the in-game icons of their armor to match the Ventrue's armor (the one from the second image)?

Yes your pictures are correct. The female Brujah model is replaced by Tremere female model but the issue is the same. I want the Clan selection name to be Caitiff as you have shown and the armor inventory icons to match their owned/worn armor as you have shown.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal