collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Clan Quest Mod  (Read 144737 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Reply #585 on: November 07, 2021, 03:14:12 pm »
@Darkfury: It's "mod", from modification, not "mood" like atmosphere ;).

Offline Darkfury

• Neonate
« Reply #586 on: November 07, 2021, 03:35:50 pm »
sure. :)

Offline ghostdog

• Fledgling
« Reply #587 on: May 31, 2022, 09:12:00 pm »
Hello, I'm using the Clan Quest Mod 4.1 and the game crashes every time I try to enter the Empire Hotel in Downtown. I have a tremere character, and I've just finished the Dane quest. The crashes are constant and have been happening ever since I stepped into the Downtown area. The game simply stops working every time it tries to load the Empire Hotel area.

I tried using the 'map la_empire_1' code, but the game crashes again right after I enter the command. This time the crash is about: "models/character/npc/common/citizen/female4/female citizen4.mdl failed to load".

Any ideas?

[EDIT]
I temporarily renamed female citizen4.mdl and the 'map la_empire_1' code worked. Right after, I loaded my save game, and it barely entered Empire Hotel, before crashing again. Thankfully, it made an auto save and using that autosave I managed to get in! Whew!

Something is wrong with that area's files, though. I hope I don't have to do this each time I want to get in...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 09:39:06 pm by ghostdog »

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #588 on: August 07, 2022, 04:24:56 pm »
Hello to all!
I've a few questions about some lines in the mack.dlg.
1. Line number 120. As you can see there's a problem with variables. How was it originally conceived? where should 0 remain and where is 1?
Code: [Select]
{   120   }{   Victoria's been a fuckin' pain in my ass about this chica. Wish I knew what was so fuckin' special about her, but yea ... I can think of something that might make it worth my while. }{  Victoria's been a fuckin' pain in my ass about this chica. Wish I knew what was so fuckin' special about her, but yea ... I can think of something that might make it worth my while.   }{  #   }{  npc.SetDisposition("Neutral",1)   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   121   }{   What's that?    }{  What's that?   }{  130   }{  G.Player_Sabbat==1   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Tell me tell me tell me!   }
{   122   }{   Spit it out, already.   }{  Spit it out, already.   }{  130   }{  G.Player_Sabbat==1   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Spit it out and into my ear.   }
{   123   }{   What's that?    }{  What's that?   }{  200   }{  G.Sabbat_Infiltrate==1   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Tell me tell me tell me!   }
{   124   }{   Spit it out, already.   }{  Spit it out, already.   }{  200   }{  G.Sabbat_Infiltrate==1   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Spit it out and into my ear.   }
{   125   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   126   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   127   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   128   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   129   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }

I decided to do this for my Russian translation.
{   120   }{   Victoria's been a fuckin' pain in my ass about this chica. Wish I knew what was so fuckin' special about her, but yea ... I can think of something that might make it worth my while. }{  Victoria's been a fuckin' pain in my ass about this chica. Wish I knew what was so fuckin' special about her, but yea ... I can think of something that might make it worth my while.   }{  #   }{  npc.SetDisposition("Neutral",1)   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   121   }{   What's that?    }{  What's that?   }{  130   }{  G.Player_Sabbat==0   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Tell me tell me tell me!   }
{   122   }{   Spit it out, already.   }{  Spit it out, already.   }{  130   }{  G.Player_Sabbat==1   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Spit it out and into my ear.   }
{   123   }{   What's that?    }{  What's that?   }{  200   }{  G.Sabbat_Infiltrate==0   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Tell me tell me tell me!   }
{   124   }{   Spit it out, already.   }{  Spit it out, already.   }{  200   }{  G.Sabbat_Infiltrate==1   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Spit it out and into my ear.   }
{   125   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   126   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   127   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   128   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   129   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }

2. Line number 720.
In the text we see next:
{   720   }{   You do know how to push my buttons, don't you, sweet thing? All right, I can let you loose for thirty. But I want some selfies of the action on top.    }{  You do know how to push my buttons, don't you, sweet thing? All right, I can let you loose for thirty. But I want some selfies of the action on top.   }{  #   }{  G.Mack_Rate = G.Mack_Rate-20;npc.SetDisposition("Flirtatious",1)   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   721   }{   I'll do it with pleasure, baby. }{  I'll do it with pleasure, baby.   }{  290   }{  pc.CurrentMoney() >= G.Mack_Rate   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Sit back and enjoy the show.   }{   722   }{   I hate to keep you waiting, but it'll have to be later. I have to cut things short tonight. }{  I hate to keep you waiting, but it'll have to be later. I have to cut things short tonight.   }{  0   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{  Our sweet escape will be another night, my dear, this one has places to be.   }
But on the variables written G.Mack_Rate-20. Should it be -30?!

Thanks for your time!

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #589 on: August 08, 2022, 10:33:10 pm »
I have no idea cocerning the second part, but I'm quite sure the variables for the first one are correct. The different texts are just for flavour, the main distiction is if the player has succumbed to Andrei's propaganda and is actually Sabbat or if they are still Camarilla/Anarch and spy on the Sabbat for the prince.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #590 on: August 15, 2022, 05:46:34 pm »
Thanks for the answer!
I asked burgermeister about the second question, he confirmed my guess about the discount for the player, it should be thirty.

Offline Vorpal

• Fledgling
« Reply #591 on: October 11, 2022, 11:00:20 pm »
Playing with version 4.1, can anyone please tell me if the Blood Shield of Tremere has the graphical effect in place or not? For some reason all I get is the dripping blood. (also have camarilla edition lite option installed)

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #592 on: October 16, 2022, 08:43:17 am »
I edited that myself to get it back but i can't really remember what i did.

Maybe in traiteffects000.txt (in the mod dir) try to comment one or both of

TraitEffect   // added by wesp
               {
            "Trait"   "vamplight_enabled"
            "Modifier"   "Value 1"
               }
               TraitEffect   // added by wesp
               {
            "Trait"   "vamplight_exponent"
            "Modifier"   "Value 1"
               }

in the section with the bloodshield effect (note the modifier values might be 'fixed' but i have another discipline without these and with the effect which is only done with the traiteffect 'Fx_Bloodshield'

I think you might lose the 'fake' reflections this way though (the effect doesn't look bad anyway).

Anyway, unfortunately that effect has no first person variant, so the hands animation during holding guns or lockpicking will not show it, which is a bummer (apparently the hands animations are part of the gun animations, and replacing all of the guns animations by something else at runtime seems quite impossible, not to mention buggy with all the mods replacing guns). It would be nice if a shader effect could be done to use the same animation but no clue how to do that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 01:16:20 pm by SCO »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #593 on: October 21, 2022, 08:38:44 am »
I think you might lose the 'fake' reflections this way though (the effect doesn't look bad anyway).
This has nothing to do with reflections, it just adds a red light to the player if the Blood Shield is active.

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #594 on: October 26, 2022, 08:58:35 pm »
Right. I was thinking of a bug on the War games mod (black bloodshield), which also had the problem that the vamplight made a horrible strobe effect, so one of the parts of the solution was to disable that light.
The other part that fixed the black texture was this:
https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-modding/world-war-2-mod/msg156666/#msg156666
This problem still exists on that mod. I suspect the idea was to make the red light affect the black transparent texture or something. Didn't work out.

The (bugged) contents of those files:
bloodshield_character.vmt
//"Refract"
"VertexLitGeneric"
{
    "$basetexture"        "effects/black"
    "$selfillum"        "1"
    //"$additive"        "0"
    //"$envmap"        "env_cubemap"
    //"$envmaptint"        "[.1 .1 .1]"
    "$model"         "1"
    "$translucent"        "1"
}
bloodshield_hit_character.vmt
"Refract"
//"VertexLitGeneric"
{
    "$basetexture"        "effects/black"
    //"$selfillum"        "1"
    //"$additive"        "0"
    //"$envmap"        "env_cubemap"
    //"$envmaptint"        "[.1 .1 .1]"
    "$model"         "1"
    //"$translucent"        "1"
}
Anyway since this user problem is different (completely missing) instead of black texture it might be something else. But those files may be involved, since they're apparently the shader files for the bloodshield effect (at least on 3rd person).

edit: i forgot i had CQM4.1 with CE-lite installed. Yes i can see bloodform/shield. These two files don't exist (or if they do, they're being inherited from the original vampire pack files), so they shouldn't interfere. In fact the only reference to 'blood shield/form' in the mod is here:

CQM/materials/models/character/npc/sabbat/tremere_antitribu/blood_shield/

Which since it refers to a enemy, probably means the discipline is using original files.

BTW, what does '"ViewModel"      "models/weapons/thaumaturgy/view/v_thaumaturgy.mdl"' in the discipline file for thaumaturgy bloodshield (disciplinetgt_004.txt) mean? Can this be used to change the hands while bloodshield is in effect, since it apparently changes 'weapons'?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 09:37:03 pm by SCO »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal