collapse

Author Topic: Clan Quest Mod  (Read 67836 times)

Offline Alien

• Fledgling
Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Reply #540 on: July 21, 2019, 11:03:46 PM »
Is it possible to install this mod ontop of the lastest UP patch, or it has to be installed on a vanilla version of the game?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #541 on: July 22, 2019, 07:07:54 AM »
Both are installed in separate folders inside the main vampire directory, to play with one or another you just need to use the dedicated shortcuts (created by the installer).

These big mods/patches install also some files directly into the game main folder, but don't worry: these are shared files of the ModLoader (the tool which made possible this gimmick).

If you planned to merge mods (like to "upgrade" one big mod to the latest patch) JUST DON'T: otherwise expect "event horizon" like bugs.

If you planned to install small mods (like reskins) you need to install them into the mod folders (consider them like "virtual" versions of the "vampire" folder) after doing eventual backups.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Alien

• Fledgling
« Reply #542 on: July 22, 2019, 02:13:20 PM »
Both are installed in separate folders inside the main vampire directory, to play with one or another you just need to use the dedicated shortcuts (created by the installer).

These big mods/patches install also some files directly into the game main folder, but don't worry: these are shared files of the ModLoader (the tool which made possible this gimmick).

If you planned to merge mods (like to "upgrade" one big mod to the latest patch) JUST DON'T: otherwise expect "event horizon" like bugs.

If you planned to install small mods (like reskins) you need to install them into the mod folders (consider them like "virtual" versions of the "vampire" folder) after doing eventual backups.

So if I have UP version 10.4 PLUS installed right now, I can install Clan Quest Mod on top of it without facing any technical issues/bugs? (Given that I run the game from CQM's installer shortcut).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:28:15 PM by Alien »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #543 on: July 22, 2019, 02:57:09 PM »
So if I have UP version 10.4 PLUS installed right now, I can install Clan Quest Mod on top of it without facing any technical issues/bugs?

Not on top, in parrallel. Like you have two different subfolders and two shortcuts...

Offline Alien

• Fledgling
« Reply #544 on: July 22, 2019, 03:46:31 PM »
By ontop, I meant choosing the same VtMB directory, but I get your point however, thanks fellas.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #545 on: July 27, 2019, 01:37:08 PM »
I don't know, if anybody will respond here, since there doesn't seem much activity around here at the moment. But I have some serious problem with CQM doing the Sabbat quests. One thing, is that in East L.A. doors are the real endbosses, it sometimes happens, that when I try to enter the church or The Macks house, the game just freezes and then crashes. And the much bigger bug is, that the elevator in the Empire Arms Hotel is barely working. Normally I have to hammer the E button for several minutes for something to happen and sometimes, nothing happens at all. I'm doing the quest for Andrei, where you have to find and interrogate Johansen in the hotel and my Malkavian is stuck at the elevator. Sadly it isn't possible to noclip to the other levels of the hotel or I would have done that.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #546 on: July 27, 2019, 10:14:26 PM »
It's possible to pass through the ventilation shafts?
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #547 on: July 27, 2019, 10:29:02 PM »
Sadly it isn't possible to noclip to the other levels of the hotel or I would have done that.

Have you tried exiting the game, restarting and then reloading a safe outside the hotel? As far as I know the CQM has typical random issues the longer you play in one session. Also are there any atypical errors in the console?

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #548 on: July 27, 2019, 10:51:52 PM »
Sadly it isn't possible to noclip to the other levels of the hotel or I would have done that.

Have you tried exiting the game, restarting and then reloading a safe outside the hotel? As far as I know the CQM has typical random issues the longer you play in one session. Also are there any atypical errors in the console?

I had a safe right before entering the hotel. And I started the game, entered the hotel and was defeated by the endboss, the elevator. In the end, I managed to get where I wanted, the elevator opened after four minutes or so. Back down was a bit faster, but still, it's kind of strange. I never had that problem before.
With the crashing game after entering certain maps seems to be a known issue and that isn't too bad, as long, as I don't forget to save before entering Hazels church or Macks house - or leaving them, but the elevator is a bummer.

Otherwise I love the CQM though, I prefer Victoria over Hazel as pack leader and always cheer, when I can kick the slimy ass of The Mack - you just have to love to hate the guy. Andrei wins the most when playing Sabbat though, I really love the new dialogues with him.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2019, 10:51:03 AM »
Andrei wins the most when playing Sabbat though, I really love the new dialogues with him.

Yes, he almost sounds like the original speaker. I asked burgermeister if I could use some of these new lines for my improvised Sabbat ending and he agreed! Now it sounds so much better once you meet him in the Hallowbrook Atrium in the UP :).

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #550 on: July 28, 2019, 02:04:51 PM »
Andrei wins the most when playing Sabbat though, I really love the new dialogues with him.

Yes, he almost sounds like the original speaker. I asked burgermeister if I could use some of these new lines for my improvised Sabbat ending and he agreed! Now it sounds so much better once you meet him in the Hallowbrook Atrium in the UP :).

I'm doing an UP playthrough too, but this time Anarch ending, because I haven't seen the new one. I will do a Sabbat ending afterwards again, so I'm excited. More Andrei is always good.

― Doctor Who

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #551 on: July 29, 2019, 02:22:22 AM »
If only I could side with Isaac and having a final sequence with him making himself baron of the whole LA....
― me

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #552 on: July 29, 2019, 11:01:56 PM »
Im having a problem at the end of the Giovanni mansion with CQM+Compmod Lite option. I bought Yukie along for the ride, she went missing after the Chang brothers, shes not with me when we teleport to Lacroix' room. It seems like a reproducible issue..

I tried a few variations; killing the Changs with her alongside, telling her to wait and meet up and telling her to go back to the haven. In all three cases shes neither at either of my havens (I'm Tremere on this run if it matters) nor is she in her shop in Chinatown.

Its like she cant survive the Giovanni mansion. I do have a save before it I can also reload if need be, I'd like her help in Sabbatville for the hell of it, but Id rather figure out this problem. I never used Compmod or Complite before this run.

Where is she supposed to go wait? Anyone ever ran into this? Id also be willing to use any console commands that could teleport me to her and the like. Thanks for any input.

Offline Avadonica

• Neonate
« Reply #553 on: August 05, 2019, 08:43:14 AM »
Hello!
I have one question on the file "quests_santamonica.txt".
Tell me, was this done on purpose or is there really a mistake?
version of the mod 4.1.
P.S. If you put a point in the right place, then everything will work again =)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #554 on: August 05, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »
I think this is correct. \" is a combination to have the " character displayed inside the text.