collapse

Author Topic: Clan Quest Mod  (Read 66863 times)

Offline Canderous

• Fledgling
Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Reply #510 on: March 23, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »
Is it possible to use the newest version of this mod together with a non-english textversion of VtMB?

Also I would like to know if it is possible to use texture mods alongside with CQM and if yes if they have to be installed after CQM or before.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 01:20:38 PM by Canderous »

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #511 on: March 23, 2019, 03:16:00 PM »
Also I would like to know if it is possible to use texture mods alongside with CQM and if yes if they have to be installed after CQM or before.

The X20 Mod is included in the CQM installer, and it's a texture mod, so yes. Optimally any texture mods should be added after CQM.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Canderous

• Fledgling
« Reply #512 on: March 23, 2019, 08:24:40 PM »

Anybody has an idea about the second question?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #513 on: March 23, 2019, 10:22:15 PM »
Clan quest was built on the english UP and adds lots of new content made in english. I would never advise trying to install it on a non-english version. Not only you'll end up with a mix of two languages (even not considering the new content) but surely you may encounter game breaking bugs. Sorry.

Now I'm curious about the legality (regardless of practicality) of a language conversion pack for those with non-english gamers who want to use these big conversion mods....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2019, 01:49:11 AM »
Clan quest was built on the english UP and adds lots of new content made in english. I would never advise trying to install it on a non-english version. Not only you'll end up with a mix of two languages (even not considering the new content) but surely you may encounter game breaking bugs. Sorry.
There will be bugs if you use a different language version. Because of compmod lite every cqm dialog has some specific changes that don't occur in any translation.
Now I'm curious about the legality (regardless of practicality) of a language conversion pack for those with non-english gamers who want to use these big conversion mods....
Well for Activision every patch or mod can be considered stolen property. But since the patch and the mods guarantee continuing sale of the game, I don't think they make a fuss. If they wanted, they'd have done it a long time ago...
As for translations of clan quest, I don't think Burgermeister would disaapprove so long as the credits are given as due.
Same goes for me and Camarilla edition. So long as it's just a translation I don't mind. And I don't think Zer0 would complain about a TFN translation either.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #515 on: March 24, 2019, 03:34:35 AM »
No, you got me wrong :razz: I mean a conversion TO english: practically a copy of all the language files from a vanilla english game to put on top on a non-english vanilla copy (or better on a mod loader directory without overwriting any existing file)
― me

Offline Canderous

• Fledgling
« Reply #516 on: April 04, 2019, 09:54:13 PM »
Is it intended that Heather is "removed" from your Appartment in Downtown if you join the Sabbat and try to kill Gary?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:41:43 PM by Canderous »

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
« Reply #517 on: April 06, 2019, 03:57:00 PM »
Hello guys.

Is it normal for Presense + first person mode to drop the framerates significantly. I wanted to play a gun-blazing presense Ventrue (to try out Arsenal mode as well), but it's a bit difficult to shoot properly when the frames drop.

I think it's due to the presense particle effects (might be from CE).

Any ideas?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #518 on: April 06, 2019, 04:51:34 PM »

This could indeed be the case. You can disable them in the particle definition files if you really need to: d_presence_cast_emitter*.txt

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #519 on: April 06, 2019, 08:05:28 PM »
One needs to just take out those files, delete the text inside (after doing a backup) or what?
― me

Offline Canderous

• Fledgling
« Reply #520 on: April 06, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »
I have been running into another problem/bug. After talking with Johnson in the hotel and taking the elevator back to the main floor my screen turns black and the only thing I can see is a dialog window which says "Si?". Any idea how solve this?

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
« Reply #521 on: April 06, 2019, 09:25:19 PM »

This could indeed be the case. You can disable them in the particle definition files if you really need to: d_presence_cast_emitter*.txt

Hey, Wesp5. Thank you for the quick response!

Would that solution disable the particles only for 1 person mode or all particles for the discipline?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #522 on: April 07, 2019, 09:21:31 AM »
Would that solution disable the particles only for 1 person mode or all particles for the discipline?

If you remove only the ones I restored I think only the first view particles should be gone.

Offline Zeppeli

• Fledgling
« Reply #523 on: May 05, 2019, 01:08:56 PM »
Is it possible to combine this with companion mod ?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #524 on: May 05, 2019, 02:09:27 PM »
Clan quest mod has integrated a lite version. Only two avalable companions (Heather and Yukie), and the haven posing mode was removed, all for compability. But the basic concept works.
― me