collapse

Author Topic: Clan Quest Mod + email college  (Read 154 times)

Offline Arizael

• Fledgling
Clan Quest Mod + email college
« on: October 31, 2019, 03:36:31 PM »
Hello. I am sure this has been asked before, but I would really appreciate any help you can possibly give me.

I am planning on trying the CQM for the first time and sadly even the new patch does not include my favorite feature  - the email college. I have limited modding knowledge and I am thinking of simply trying transfer the college into CQM myself. Are there any tips and/or catches that an experienced modder could highlight to me ?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:56:28 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Clan Quest Mod + email college
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 03:54:56 PM »
If the college is part of Camarilla light which is included in cqm, you can activate it by editing the conditions in /vdata/hackterminals/havenpc.txt for the college emails and functions.

If it's not, you'll have to copy the appropriate functions and mails from the CE havenpc file. And you have to copy every python script called by the college functions as well.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Arizael

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 08:46:58 PM »
So just file copy paste and txt editing... does not sound to difficult (i ll probably regret this). Thanks Malkav.

Offline Arizael

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 10:26:35 AM »
So I added the relevant emails to haven PC and copied all scripts between the #### Webcollege#### and #### END OF COLLEGE #### from CE vamputil.py.

At first glance the college seemed to work perfectly. I got the email I registered and took Computer 1. Everything seemed fine - I got the skill point, lost the money, lost the blood.

Than I did the ocean house, after which I went back to haven with the intention to do computer 2. However not a single course was available. I have 1K cash, full blood pool and research value of 6. I have tested this with Tremere.

I am probably missing some script or there is some kind of collision with CQ. Sadly even after extensive search trough the game files I have been unable to identify the problem. So close and yet so far.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 08:41:13 AM »
I have looked into the files, but only for CE final, not for cqm. It seems one important script is not run on your system because in CE it is run when you use your haven computer. Try adding this line to the "talents", "skills" and "know" subdirs:
"runscript"  "usehavenpc()"
I hope this works but I'm not sure if a subdir can handle a runscript line. If not you have to
either edit the haven maps and add "OnUseBegin" ",,,0,-1,usehavenpc()," to the computer entity
or you add the "runscript"  "usehavenpc()" line to the "info" function in the "college" subdir and run that before using the college.

Offline Arizael

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 03:26:50 AM »
The subdir sadly can not handle runscript line. I have nor the tools nor the experience with .bsp so i tried the second solution and it worked! It´s a only a minor inconvenience until i get time to edit the maps.

Dear sir thank you both for your help and your excellent work.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 09:51:11 AM »
Glad I could help.
You may want to consider also copying the questlog entries so you have an idea of how many learning slots are still open. Since I needed so many entries there are two or three quests in the santa monica questfile. Search for the displayed name "learning from dusk till dawn"