collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Clan Quest Mod  (Read 54300 times)

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2018, 10:54:35 AM »
Does anyone know the name of the font used on the main menu for Clan Quest?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2018, 11:05:37 AM »
Burgermeister, I guess.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2018, 04:16:29 PM »

I mean, I made that thing like a decade ago, so I couldn't even venture a guess at this point, unfortunately.

If I wasn't clear, I guess what I'm saying is I AM amenable to giving away the stuff you get in the tutorial for free, because I too feel it's rather tedious. I don't see that as cheating and it saved people that don't know / aren't comfortable with the console the trouble.

I'm not sure how much XP is rescinded in removing the skill books, but I'm skeptical it balances out with the ability to spend money on XP since it is easy to get a glut of it by the end of the game. But, as I said, people LOVE email college, so I kinda feel compelled to add it back.

Oh, and I think the idea of buying accessories for Confession (or your haven) is really cute idea =) I don't understand it, but people definitely like to do those things in games.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2018, 05:33:40 PM »
For the xp difference between the books and the college, I have calculated like this: With the books you can learn skills equal to 44*3xp, the college grants 45*3xp. So it's the equivalent of one first or second dot more, but on the other hand it is more expensive.

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2018, 07:28:54 PM »

The font used for "The Masquerade" in the Vampire logo, for "Clan Quest Mod," and for the various menu options (new game, load, options, etc.) are various styles of the Percolator font.

I'd have done "Clan Quest Mod" differently, but that's just me.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Goat.Cheese

• Fledgling
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2018, 09:11:51 PM »

So is the Tremere thing i mentioned last page intended or not?

Also, with regards to the books, the 5 dot ones require 5 intellience so i find them to not be an unworthy proposition, esp considering how late you get them. 3 dots for santa monica and downtown ones is optimal.

Also the confession thing sounds pointless - it has 0 gameplay impact and just how long would you be willing to screw about the bar , doing nothing but waving the camera around anyway?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:17:57 PM by Goat.Cheese »

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2018, 10:44:38 AM »
The only possible solution for the confession club tycoon is to made it in a separate game (even flash or browser based)
The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #427 on: November 07, 2018, 11:52:59 AM »
The only possible solution for the confession club tycoon is to made it in a separate game (even flash or browser based)

Agree.
But a lot of people enjpoy this kind of gaming...

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #428 on: November 08, 2018, 01:28:49 AM »

So is the Tremere thing i mentioned last page intended or not?

This I'm a little fuzzy about. The file that controls all the clan attributes I'll do anything I can not to change it, so some weird behavior that you might find in there is probably coming from UP, UP+ or CE. It could be a CE thing. It could be a bug in CE. It could be some thing that used to be in the UP some three years ago, but isn't anymore and everyone forgot about it =p

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #429 on: November 08, 2018, 09:38:01 AM »
It seems to be a CE issue. I'll make a few tests and tell you the easiest way to fix it.

Edit:
You need to make changes in traiteffects000.txt.
Search for "Discipline (Corpus_Vampirus)" and add the "max" blocks as you can see below.
Code: [Select]
TraitEffectGroup
{
"InternalName" "Discipline (Corpus_Vampirus)"
TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "Strength"
"Modifier" "Max 20"
}
TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "Dexterity"
"Modifier" "Max 20"
}
TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "Stamina"
"Modifier" "Max 20"
}
TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "Dexterity"
"Modifier" "+1" // added by wesp
}
TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "Stamina"
}
TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "Strength"
}
}
I had forgotten to add this when I realized I can't change "MaxBuy" for the attributes in traiteffects.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:17:41 AM by Malkav »

Offline Goat.Cheese

• Fledgling
« Reply #430 on: November 08, 2018, 12:04:39 PM »
I already sort of solved the problem by editing out the tremere clan weakness. That solved the feats being capped at 3 issue. I just have to not put more than 3 points in blood buff or physical skills to simulate the weakness.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:06:51 PM by Goat.Cheese »

Offline Soilie

• Neonate
« Reply #431 on: November 08, 2018, 06:58:46 PM »
Sorry my bad English please. I didn't read all comments there cause of potential spoilers. I have 4.0.1 patch, Camarilla Edition and Arsenal Mod, checked all options right during patch installation.
1. I had bug of blue infinitely high physical attributes two times like in Antitribu - I had low humanity and became wild near the level transition. It seems that F10 make screenshots not in all cases (stats screen and others). And I got infinitely beast-like one time - with claws and infinitely recurved pose with sabbat run animation but normal screen colours. It was funny and realistic (with my Humanity) but I have seen "blue" bug and have loaded earlier save.
2. Strange shadows on the ground like in Antitribu too. They can move in Antitribu)))
3. And I have strange shadow of my custom model which was broken in char screen (I wrote about it earlier). It seems that my shadow is for that awful model. It is so creepy... )))
4. It seems that CQM has more free camera than UP, I like it very much but Jack in tutorial was behind furniture one time during the dialogue.
5. With installed Arsenal Mod Jack says "this tire iron" in building inside but we have water pipe. But it is not significant.
6. I can see medical furniture shadows through walls in SM clinic.
7. Hunters make some Asylum outside wall textures invisible sometimes (after fights with them).
8. Trip had empty store before his weapon licence. Only then he got something to sell. If I sold some things to him then his store was empty next time again.
UPD: 9. If I pick the line "I brought you the little snack" then we give to Pisha Bloody Mace from Arsenal Mod instead of original severed arm.

I can't attach screens or zip file with screens for some reason, I am redirected to "New topic" page...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:04:26 PM by Soilie »

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2018, 10:38:29 AM »
I'm not sure it was posted here already, so please excuse me.

I did a clean install of CQM 4.0.1 downloaded from moddb on clean 1.2 version and when I try to start the game it crashes with less than 15 mb memory error. I've reinstalled the game and then applied UP 10.1 rc3 and it runs without any problems. Can I install CQM 4.0.1 over UP 10.1 installation or something? Thank you.

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #433 on: November 10, 2018, 07:16:13 PM »
Sorry my bad English please. I didn't read all comments there cause of potential spoilers. I have 4.0.1 patch, Camarilla Edition and Arsenal Mod, checked all options right during patch installation.
1. I had bug of blue infinitely high physical attributes two times like in Antitribu - I had low humanity and became wild near the level transition. It seems that F10 make screenshots not in all cases (stats screen and others). And I got infinitely beast-like one time - with claws and infinitely recurved pose with sabbat run animation but normal screen colours. It was funny and realistic (with my Humanity) but I have seen "blue" bug and have loaded earlier save.
2. Strange shadows on the ground like in Antitribu too. They can move in Antitribu)))
3. And I have strange shadow of my custom model which was broken in char screen (I wrote about it earlier). It seems that my shadow is for that awful model. It is so creepy... )))
4. It seems that CQM has more free camera than UP, I like it very much but Jack in tutorial was behind furniture one time during the dialogue.
5. With installed Arsenal Mod Jack says "this tire iron" in building inside but we have water pipe. But it is not significant.
6. I can see medical furniture shadows through walls in SM clinic.
7. Hunters make some Asylum outside wall textures invisible sometimes (after fights with them).
8. Trip had empty store before his weapon licence. Only then he got something to sell. If I sold some things to him then his store was empty next time again.
UPD: 9. If I pick the line "I brought you the little snack" then we give to Pisha Bloody Mace from Arsenal Mod instead of original severed arm.

I can't attach screens or zip file with screens for some reason, I am redirected to "New topic" page...

I know others can answer all those questions better but I can say something:

1. If i've to make a screenshot of character sheets and other places where the F10 doesn't work I use an external program like OBS Studio (yes, Fraps is more famous but this is free and does many other useful stuff)

5. Of course, this mod replaces (almost) all weapons, but changing a recorded dialogue is impossible....

6. That depends on the fact the original developers received an early version of the engine they used on license. They could fix some of the stuff not yet completed but only because they had the official tools. Since those tools are very probably lost, modders and patchers can only fix what they can do (maybe one day someone will found a way to do it)....

I'm not sure it was posted here already, so please excuse me.

I did a clean install of CQM 4.0.1 downloaded from moddb on clean 1.2 version and when I try to start the game it crashes with less than 15 mb memory error. I've reinstalled the game and then applied UP 10.1 rc3 and it runs without any problems. Can I install CQM 4.0.1 over UP 10.1 installation or something? Thank you.

Now each mod based on the unofficial patch, and the unofficial patch itself, use the Game Mod Loader. This allows more than one mod installed on the same game (this because each stores his data on separate folders and using its link or command line prompting the game to use that mod or patch).
About the 15 mb error: it's a common one, but I though it was fixed a while ago.... Here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113161476 is a guide to fix it but I suppose others here can know more than me
The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #434 on: November 10, 2018, 08:00:40 PM »
I reported it because, since the game runs well with both standard 1.2 exe and UP one (I think it was changed to noCD back in 9.Something?) and crashes with CQM exe it's something that modmaker should look into for 4.0.2? Unlike UP that has it's own subfolder in game root, I don't remember seeing a CQM one (I might be misremembering. ED: It does have it). I'll try to install into a separate folder and do a manual install and report on how it goes.

EDIT: Yep, just copied over CQM folder and added -game CQM to the shortcut. Works fine.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:08:01 PM by J3ster »

* Game Files