collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Clan Quest Mod  (Read 50571 times)

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2018, 03:08:39 PM »
Both ideas require more work than it might worth.

Having two separate versions for one or a other set of clans:
1, things aren't that simple but to swap a few vdata files between versions.
It would demand to recheck every dlg files for clans specific dialogs, much if not all python scripts, emails, dialogs variables and other scripts actions execution, then adapt them to these new clans internal names/numbers, even possibly tweak/change some content for them.
Then there are various maps entities for disciplines visuals, the need to test all that and more.
2, Clans specific quests of CQM might not make much sense with TFN clans, though I have no idea what these clans are. Likewise, whatever new content Burgermeister did for 4.0, might not fit TFN clans.

Posters, this idea is less work but it would still be some work possibly getting in the way of something more important, workload wise. Items could be replaced by prop_sign entities, which on a Output trigger the posters scripts. Said scripts will need tweaking as well.
Personaly I am swapping items with prop_sign tricks whenever a item slot would be wasted in my mod, I even did it for some vanilla items in order to free a few slots.
Still, I am not restoring the posters, I had the idea once but decided it's superfluous content since then.

Haven't spoken with Burgermeister in a long time but something tell me he woudn't be so interested, priority of workload and such. Not that I coudn't be wrong but I have a big doubt on a double version for separate clans at least. Beside it would make him two versions to fix/maintain instead of one.

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #286 on: August 28, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »
1, things aren't that simple but to swap a few vdata files between versions.
It would demand to recheck every dlg files for clans specific dialogs, much if not all python scripts, emails, dialogs variables and other scripts actions execution, then adapt them to these new clans internal names/numbers, even possibly tweak/change some content for them.
Then there are various maps entities for disciplines visuals, the need to test all that and more.

I cannot think of anything more stupid I ever asked

2, Clans specific quests of CQM might not make much sense with TFN clans, though I have no idea what these clans are. Likewise, whatever new content Burgermeister did for 4.0, might not fit TFN clans.

I stand corrected, THIS is the most stupidest thing I've ever asked  :facepalm: :rofl:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #287 on: August 28, 2018, 05:53:06 PM »
Haven't spoken with Burgermeister in a long time but something tell me he woudn't be so interested, priority of workload and such.

I'm pretty sure about that :)! Also to be honest, most of the TFN and ATM clans don't really make sense inside the story. Like how everyone treats them as if they were normal Camarilla clans...

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #288 on: August 28, 2018, 06:19:31 PM »
Haven't spoken with Burgermeister in a long time but something tell me he woudn't be so interested, priority of workload and such.

I'm pretty sure about that :)! Also to be honest, most of the TFN and ATM clans don't really make sense inside the story. Like how everyone treats them as if they were normal Camarilla clans...

I like to think they work because they are antitribu and/or forced to work for the camarilla. Or at least I try to think it XD

But for sure on a mod with new exclusive quests for the basic clans this shouldn't never work.... what I was thinking?

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #289 on: October 04, 2018, 03:41:20 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in here real quick and let you know that the release date for Clan Quest 4.0 is FINALLY announced for later this month:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod/news/release-date-for-clan-quest-mod-40-announced

You'll probably see me around here a bit more once I'm finally not spending all my time just working on the mod. Cheers!

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #290 on: October 04, 2018, 04:32:41 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in here real quick and let you know that the release date for Clan Quest 4.0 is FINALLY announced for later this month:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod/news/release-date-for-clan-quest-mod-40-announced

You'll probably see me around here a bit more once I'm finally not spending all my time just working on the mod. Cheers!

Now that's what I've been waiting for!

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2018, 11:52:01 AM »
<3 <3 <3

(Ps: we need more emojis!)

Offline page

• Fledgling
« Reply #292 on: October 06, 2018, 01:43:44 AM »
Yesss! Now I have to brace for TWO playthroughs this month. What a time to be ALIVE!!!

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #293 on: October 06, 2018, 02:18:06 PM »
What a time to be undead you mean?  :vampwink:

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2018, 05:06:43 AM »

Thats awesome, I read as much on Twitter awhile back i think? But either way, cant way to try it.

Still available if you need any testing beforehand, I can do a playthrough in less than a week and reporting anything odd.

A question however, these notes says your integration of the Unofficial Patch still dates to 9.2? Is the content between then and now difficult to integrate? May be a typo, but i expected recent UP content out of habit I think!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:11:04 AM by Valamyr »

* Game Files