collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Clan Quest Mod  (Read 48993 times)

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2018, 09:50:08 AM »

Question for you: I realize that for cut scenes subtitles are particularly important. What about for standard dialog? Do you just press left-click to see the dialog or do you prefer subtitles there as well?

I'm not primarily English speaker so even though Im great at English overall, I use subtitles in order to avoid misunderstanding the odd word here and there.

For standard dialogue I usually left click to see the dialogue, but ultimately the best a mod can do is blend in with the core game as much as possible. It helps not feel like a mod if every dialogue behaves the same way. There's definitely a lot of people who play with subtitles on, but obviously it shouldnt be your core priority.

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2018, 09:38:44 PM »
Kraken, that's a pretty ingenious solution! Can you share what you've done?

Message received: probably should try to get subtitles full working. I think if I can script it, it won't be so hard to accomplish anyways. I was watching an Irish movie last night with subtitles turned on, just because the accent and vernacular is too much for me, so my mind is freshly appreciating this!

I have another Andrei request for anyone that thinks they can tackle it: is there anyway to make his cape static? As I'm sure you know, the physics are totally wrong so when it gets ruffled it flies up over his head and totally looks messed up. It's really destroying the drama for cut scenes he's featured in. Hard to take his serious while he's wearing his cape as a hat.

Offline DDLullu

• Neonate
« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2018, 10:32:08 PM »
Try this one. It is the one i make first, then change my mind to the more defined one.

But the cape (skirt) is so stiff the legs pass through when he walk but in a fight it's normal and you can paint the leg the same color as the cape. Maybe switch model for the fight i don't know?

It is the lod1, i change some pointers very easy to do, try it  and comment here.

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #228 on: April 15, 2018, 11:41:03 PM »
The cape looks a million times better this way ... at least for the cut scenes. Andrei has as movement style wherein he just "floats" so his legs don't move, so the cape being so stiff looks fine.

Only problem is with the lod (?) changed this way, his teeth don't appear which is a problem.Can anything be done for it?

Offline DDLullu

• Neonate
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2018, 12:26:08 AM »
Since it's good i have done same thing as the shirt for the cape.
Meaning you have lod0 for everything except the shirt AND the cape.

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2018, 12:46:44 AM »
Ah, DDLullu, you're a hero! It works great, hands look good, cape isn't flying all over the place. Thank you so much!

I hope you'll know I'll be putting your name in the CQM credits for this  :razz:

Offline TheIncredibleKraken

• Fledgling
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2018, 06:17:15 AM »
My method doesn't rely on editing the Andrei model, so anything made by DDLullu should be compatible.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2018, 12:44:45 PM »
Ah, DDLullu, you're a hero! It works great, hands look good, cape isn't flying all over the place.

Sadly his legs moving through the cape look terrible in the cutscene at King's Way, so I'll use the earlier version of the model.

Offline FullMetalNiqab

• Fledgling
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2018, 05:33:45 AM »
Greetings everyone,

I'm going to play CQM for the first time and I have a couple of really stupid questions:

- I installed the mod with the Companion Mod Lite option and while replacing some of the models and textures with my preferred ones after the installation, I noticed that Yukie and Heather's folders in materials/models/etc. etc. (i. e. the folders named heather_e, yukie_e) contain subfolders whose names start with a dot, which in turn have files with alternative outfits inside. Do I have to do some mix-matching/replacement here or I can order Yukie and Heather to change outfits ingame?

- If I want to replace some of the music in the clubs with tracks of my own choice, would it be enough to just drop the mp3s (renamed to the respective vanilla tracks they replace) in CQM/sound/music/music, or does it require some additional tweaking of other files? Also, does the bitrate of the tracks matter?

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2018, 03:53:05 PM »
- If I want to replace some of the music in the clubs with tracks of my own choice, would it be enough to just drop the mp3s (renamed to the respective vanilla tracks they replace) in CQM/sound/music/music, or does it require some additional tweaking of other files? Also, does the bitrate of the tracks matter?

I've done this before many times, because I'm so sick of listening to Isolated from Chiasm. I know that the game doesn't like some music files, and it crashes when it encounters them, however I never figured out what kind of music files it doesn't like (I guess it has something to do with the file's bitrate, as you said) for it was really trial and error for me.

Also, if I were you I would wait until Halloween when the 4.0 version of CQM comes out *knock on wood*, for it will have much more content than the previous versions (new Sabbat storyline and whatnot).

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2018, 05:12:49 PM »
Regarding the Yukie and Heather subfolders, I suspect they contain pale skins for when you embraced them...

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2018, 06:56:59 PM »
About replacing the music. I do know that the game doesn't like soundfiles you have played with windows media player because that adds some junk to the files.
The supported bitrate is rather low, but it's years since I have replaced music files so I don't remember. I think you can find this info in Dheu's manual. Iirc, that is still in the extras of the patch.
Audacity creates mp3 files that bloodlines can use.

For the texture files I agree with Wesp. The ones in the _e folders are probably for when you have embraced one of the girls.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Online deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2018, 10:04:14 PM »
Regarding low bitrate mp3, it's possible to use wav files instead, which solves the problem. And, the engine handles any mp3 bitrate just fine, including 320 CBR and V0. The bundled music files are 128 CBR. Have no idea where he has found that 64kbps limit.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:22:16 PM by deicide »

Offline silky

• Fledgling
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2018, 11:35:33 PM »
This is a great mod that adds a lot of nice content that actually fits with the game's story, nothing feels awkwardly shoved in or out of place. It's by far my favourite major mod and the only one I regularly play with.

The only thing I really don't like are some of the vanilla weapon replacements. To be perfectly honest, the modded knife model is absolutely hideous, the vanilla one is 1000x nicer and I ended up switching back to it. I also changed the golf club, water pipe, and tazer back into the baseball bat, tire iron and torch, respectively, out of personal preference.

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2018, 01:07:37 AM »
Given Vampyr was almost as disapointing as WOD MMO, can we have your mod early please? ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:10:52 AM by Valamyr »

* Game Files