collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Clan Quest Mod  (Read 45632 times)

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2017, 03:54:53 PM »
I believe you can screw up talking to Christopher, if you either piss him off by asking for the sarcophagus or get to the stage that you're telling him a story and tell him one that pisses him off. I dunno, i think these are the only 'terminal' states to get his story.

There is a branch where you can get it after agreeing to get Dirt on the others and having persuasion 9 and not having told a story - which i suppose you only need if you have low humanity or something?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:03:59 AM by SCO »

Offline Vorpal

• Fledgling
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2017, 08:23:08 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked, but version 4.0 is built on UP... which version? Think 4.0 will come out soon? :((( Been waiting for years for this, thought it would never happen, but now I saw the update and I started dancing xD And the latest patch for 3.0, does it incorporate a newer version of UP and all its fixes? ty!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:17:55 AM by Vorpal »

Online argikt

• Ancillus
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2017, 09:51:58 AM »
Burguer says that 4.0 will not be this year, but soon, assuming that UP10 is not ready now, and the 4.0 is almost done, I suppose is build over 9.7 and will be addapted to UP10 later...
Is sad that lenuska dissapear, she was helping a lot of with modelling...

Offline Vorpal

• Fledgling
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2017, 12:03:19 PM »
Burguer says that 4.0 will not be this year, but soon, assuming that UP10 is not ready now, and the 4.0 is almost done, I suppose is build over 9.7 and will be addapted to UP10 later...
Is sad that lenuska dissapear, she was helping a lot of with modelling...
ohh :(( that must have slowed down things quite a bit..

any idea if the recent patch to clan mod 3.0 is using higher version of UP?

Online argikt

• Ancillus
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2017, 12:26:49 PM »
You can download CQM 3.1.2 that is based in UP9.2...

Offline Vorpal

• Fledgling
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2017, 02:09:38 PM »
You can download CQM 3.1.2 that is based in UP9.2...
Ah, I see, thought it would be based on more recent version of UP :(

have to say, the creator of this mod is a damn professional, from the voice overs, to every last detail. I am honestly amazed, and I have dabbled into many modding scenes. I hope, really hope that he gets unstuck and that 4.0 becomes reality soon :D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:13:16 PM by Vorpal »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »
Ah, I see, thought it would be based on more recent version of UP :(

It doesn't matter that much, because a lot of the UP plus material has been removed or changed in the CQM anyway. But burgermeisters wants to use the new maps we created in the meantime so sooner or latter he will update!

Offline Vorpal

• Fledgling
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2017, 07:40:12 PM »
Quote from: Wesp5
It doesn't matter that much, because a lot of the UP plus material has been removed or changed in the CQM anyway. But burgermeisters wants to use the new maps we created in the meantime so sooner or latter he will update!
ah, I see :( I consider your patch so mandatory, and now with the homosexual options.. I hope the latest iteration can be used by Mr. Burgermeister! You are amazing people.

Burgermeister, would you ever consider adding a 'hardcore' mode for Veteran players? What this would mean and how it would play.. well, I have no idea.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:12:50 AM by Vorpal »

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »
The arsenal mod + camarilla edition (because of the blood loss and costlier stats) provides a adequate difficult jump for veterans as long as you don't use the companion follow options and don't abuse the grenade launcher.

If you want even more, get the console open after skipping the tutorial and add or remove disciplines with 'vstats sell disciplinename' ('vstats get disciplinename' gets you dots).

when finishing changing everything set your pc xp to zero (because selling disciplines gives xp back and there is a overflow bug too) with
'giftxp 0'

Then you can play as normal. Interesting disciplines to get rid of are 'blood_healing' (obviously), 'corpus_vampirus' - this is the internal name for bloodbuff (removing this makes lockpicking not so easy but lockpicking is never needed except some nosferatu specific quests). Celerity and obfuscate are also god-disciplines and good candidates to get rid of since stealth does the same thing as obfuscate, but harder and celerity speaks for itself. I personally don't like auspex either, but it's rather inoffensive my FPS skill is abyssal regardless. However it looks ugly... especially if you combine it with obfuscate. Auspex helps with hacking but removing it is not as much of a big deal because there are two disciplines powers that raise +1 to wits in camarilla edition (dementation and protean).

You can use this to build a play-through like you want actually. Even a ventrue without dominate is possible. A bit of a nit : Tremere dominate in dialog is implemented by check Thaumaturgy for some reason, whatever.

My last playthrough i got a ventrue (no blood from rats or 'bums') with animalism, protean, fortitude, dementation (instead of dominate).

Both dementation and dominate in clanquest mod + camarilla edition have useful low level distraction powers that can allow you to steal guarded stuff safely, on the very few occasions the game allows you (ie the occasions they bothered to put someone guarding stuff that wasn't immediately hostile).

Camarilla edition also ups disciplines costs (i don't know if it's across the board, or if it's just for out of clan costs), so even with the OP cheat college mod (for skills) that i copied from the original camarilla edition, having a extra discipline or two (much less 3) is a recipe not to have more maxed disciplines.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 05:26:22 AM by SCO »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2017, 08:53:15 PM »
It's vstats, not vclan.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2017, 11:19:29 PM »
A bit of a nit : Tremere dominate in dialog is implemented by check Thaumaturgy for some reason, whatever.

I can answer that. The game is hard-coded to only detect Ventrue Dominate in dialogue so I had to check Thaumaturgy for Tremere. Which is also the reason they can't use Dominate above 1 because then this trick would become obvious ;)!

Offline The Shadow Man

• The shadow that haunts the mind
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »
Hey Wesp is it possible for all the Disciplines to have custom dialogue of their own?

Online argikt

• Ancillus
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2017, 02:36:45 PM »
These are this differents conditions accepted in dlgs...

The special conditionals include:

F_Seduction #
      M_Seduction #
      Seduction #
      Intimidate #
      Dominate #
      Persuasion #
      Dementation #
      Thaumaturgy #
      Humanity #

But is hard (for me) include more that 4 answers...

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2017, 02:58:25 PM »
Hey Wesp is it possible for all the Disciplines to have custom dialogue of their own?
In theory it is possible to use every stat, including feats and disciplines, to determine if a dialog line can be selected. But there are some limitations. First, only disciplines and seduction, persuasion and intimidation have colored text. Then every discipline except for Dominate uses the dementation font. Dominate itself can only be selected by Ventrue, that is hardcoded. But no matter which discipline you choose, it will cost blood apropriate to the level.
And there are ways around those limitations. If e.g. you need dominate of every level for other clans, you can give bloodbuff (corpus_vampirus) level 5 to all clans and then make a condition
{  corpus_vampirus 3 & pc.dominate >=3  }
Or if you want presence to cost 1 blood for every level make
{  Presence 1 & pc. presence >= 2  }
Or you want to make sure that your seduction success is mainly determined by your good looks
{  Seduction 7 & pc.Appearance > 4  }
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2017, 12:31:43 AM »
I honestly find the buff disciplines in Bloodlines too useful. The game appears to be balanced so that even a person ignorant of their capabilities for hacking (auspex) and lockpicking (bloodbuff) can squeak most skill challenges at the time of first getting them by with dot investment. I quite like the idea camarilla edition had of adding minor powers to some of other clan disciplines that added a +1 to wits (i think it is protean and dementation). If there was one that added a +1 to dexterity (for lockpicking) i wouldn't say no to get rid of them entirely.

* Game Files