collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Changing PC's expression?  (Read 261 times)

Offline teolla

• Fledgling
Changing PC's expression?
« on: July 21, 2020, 10:23:17 am »
I know you can make an NPC change expressions with a console command, and that the player character can be made perform sequences with another command.

But is there a way to make the PC change expression (e.g. "joy"), via console? (I'd like take a couple of screenshots of the PC smiling or something.)

If not, is there some relatively simple way to place a copy of the PC in the world as an NPC?

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: Changing PC's expression?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 05:39:49 pm »
There're several ways to do it. For example, hammer has a option called "default disposition". You can change expressions, even body animations

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 06:13:10 pm »
You should check out Dheu's modding guide which is included in the UP extras folder. It lists all console command and other tricks...

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 07:38:22 am »
Do the player models have facial animations? Or are they not implemented, same as the lip animations?
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 07:41:23 am »
As far I know. Only npcs have facial animations...

Offline teolla

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 08:47:07 am »
There're several ways to do it. For example, hammer has a option called "default disposition". You can change expressions, even body animations

Thank you. Is changing the default disposition in the Hammer editor the easiest way? I found this option in the editor, but haven't yet managed to figure how to even import or edit characters.

Also expressions don't count as facial animations, right? I mostly want to make sure that I trying to do something that even can be done. :)

You should check out Dheu's modding guide which is included in the UP extras folder. It lists all console command and other tricks...

Thank you, I've been reading the UP patch modding guide, which is where I first learned about the console commands. But it seems that simple console commands can't do the trick as far as I can tell. I will see yet if I can figure the more in-depth modding parts out better though. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal