collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Canned map  (Read 15855 times)

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
    • Team Camarilla International
Re: Canned map
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 11:47:57 pm »
Arthur,

That map looks amazing! I just spilled a little 'stuff' in my pants.  :rock:

Looks really good.

For quests. Well, there are people out here who can script a quest if they have a map. Problem as always is voice acting and lip files.

I can do the voice acting and lip files, I've proven that. It would be great to have cut scenes, this is where I fall short personally.

We have the talent, check this out.
Maps - Arthur
Python - Malkav
Models/Textures - Lenuska
Dialogue/Voice/Lips - Zer0
Cutscenes - Burgermeister
Other stuff I can't think of right now - Wesp (sorry, LOL)

Act 5, let it begin!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:10:08 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Blood of Nightmares

• Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 12:50:32 am »
Creating maps for Bloodlines was always possible since the unofficial SDK was released, else there wouldn't be the library map or any other, just that it's rather tedious and has a lot of instability issues. Creating new materials was again possible else mods and reskins would have never been existed. Adding new models is where the real issue is, you're limited to same vertex limit or simpler prop models.

That there, is what I was trying to explain where the main problem lies with Bloodlines and I said many times before and I'll say it again, without Project Valudrie you could might as well consider Bloodlines (or any hope of a WoD computer game) a dead game with no future unlike say Oblivion/Skyrim or even Doom....

There was a future that Bloodlines had but CCP killed it and worse of all, if there was any choices available the fact is you may have took the easy way out and allowed it to happen instead of trying out alternatives like fighting CCP which I think you couldn't do but maybe you should have done. Or maybe CCP in the first place should have allowed this project to happen and maybe even going you legal right to do it (like Transfusion with Blood) but nope apparently the only "closest" communication that CCP has with the community that has been shown so far is a C&D letter which not only says alot, but also it shows how much they "care" about the WoD property and especially it's community which is none.

I'm sorry but I'm feeling extremely pessimistic (if not and honestly incredibility pissed off) over this whole ordeal but the point is, CCP first canceling the MMO and then C&D Project Vauldrie clearly shows a really bad track record which is not a good sign at all where their real interests lie.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:13:47 am by Blood of Nightmares »

Offline DiamondBorne

• Ancillus
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 05:11:20 am »
Associating myself with the project would bring more setbacks in the future, something I wouldn't want to go for. As for the new project, as stated earlier, more will be unveiled after Antitribu is released.

I hope you stick around the VTMB modding scene too  :smile:

Unless ofcourse, this new project requires more commitment to it than the last one.

That there, is what I was trying to explain where the main problem lies with Bloodlines and I said many times before and I'll say it again, without Project Valudrie you could might as well consider Bloodlines (or any hope of a WoD computer game) a dead game with no future unlike say Oblivion/Skyrim or even Doom....

Stop shouting the air like a goddamn Brujah. Project Valderie is dead and will not come back. Even if by some miracle the whole team got back together and do it again, Project Valderie won't be the same because their interest probably died the moment they receive the C&D letter.

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 08:14:33 am »
Right, Blood of Nightmares, if you can't do anything but badmouthing bloodlines and the community, go away.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Blood of Nightmares

• Fledgling
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 04:47:32 pm »
Right, Blood of Nightmares, if you can't do anything but badmouthing bloodlines and the community, go away.

What I'm saying is that without Project Valudrie, since you can't truly add new content to Bloodlines without 'replacing' things (read swapping models/etc), I'm just trying to remind you that there is little reason to bother with the vanilla game at all given it's serious lack of modding compatibilities (even with the SDK) and any chances and possibility of new content are extremely limiting if not predictable so the best option is to abandon bloodlines to see for what it is.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:52:06 pm by Blood of Nightmares »

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 05:55:12 pm »
I understand what Nightmare is saying, he's basically saying that the future of Bloodlines with our currently existing broken Source engine is very limited compared to what we could do had we successfully ported Bloodlines over to Unity.

If we take a step back and compare the 2 options, here is what have.

Bloodlines on Unity
- Updated graphics and shadows
- Unlimited modding potential
- Creating it would take some time to develop, so it wouldn't be ready for awhile
- Once it's complete, fighting a legal battle with CCP

Bloodlines on broken Source
- Outdated graphics
- Limited modding potential, however we can still create maps, new quests, fully voiced NPCs, etc...
- No legal issues to deal with
- Everything is ready to go, no further developing needed, we can start making mods right now

So as you can see, both options have its good and bad with it. Probably the biggest problem with Unity Bloodlines is CCP. If we could circumvent the legal issues, then it's just a matter of time before we have a ported version of Bloodlines over to Unity.

I have to disagree that the future of Bloodlines is dead if we stay with the broken Source engine, however we are limited. As technology increases, the out of date graphics will become more and more apparent and the current way we create content for Source Bloodlines is long, tedious, and frustrating. If we could get around the legal issues with CCP, Unity Bloodlines is the clear choice for the future of Bloodlines.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 08:44:57 pm »
If we could get around the legal issues with CCP, Unity Bloodlines is the clear choice for the future of Bloodlines.

I still think this is not the real problem here! The library and atrium maps in the UP show that you can create cool new maps already. The CQM shows that you can create cool new quests already. The TFN and Antitribu mods show that you can create cool new clans already. The Arsenal Mod shows that you can create new weapons already. The Companion Mod shows that you can create companions already. Most the above show that you can create new NPCs, cutscenes and more already.

So why do we have no real expansions or more mods? Granted, you would need to replace some weapons or items, but there were a lot of them free in the original game. Granted, there are problems creating new models but reskinning NPCs and other stuff is possible. The WoD atmosphere in Bloodlines is great anyway, so why change this completly in the first place?

I think the problem are people like Blood of Nightmares. They expect that everything is served to them on a plate by others instead of doing something themselves! So please tell me, Blood of  Nightmares, how much Unity modding experience do you have? Would you have created a mod for Project Vaulderie? If so, what were your plans? Tell us something constructive!

As for Unity against Source, I think Source has been modded more than every other engine except older ones like Doom or Quake! It may slowly get outdated from a graphical point of view, but I haven't yet seen one Unity game that matched the quality of HL2 or Bloodlines! Also there haven't been as much mods and maps around for much better engines, like the Cryengine or the UDK. Maybe the latter as well as the Unity engine are better for Indie games, but for fan made maps, expansions and mods staying close to the original games, nothing contemporary can beat Source! Check out PlanetPhillip.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:54:07 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 08:54:05 pm »
Wesp,

You're right that there's still plenty of stuff we can do with the current version of Source, I mean would could essentially create an Act 5 from a technical stand point, we just need the right people to stand up and agree to it.

The main draw to Unity for me is simply the updated graphics and shadowing. The screenshots from Vaulderie looked amazing along with the new radial disciplines menu, etc... We can simply do so much more but even if we couldn't, just the graphical upgrade is enough to sign me up. If Unity isn't an option, we still have our good ol' fashioned Source that we know works and new content CAN be created for it, albeit it's very tedious and frustrating.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 08:58:16 pm »
The main draw to Unity for me is simply the updated graphics and shadowing.

Maybe, but still I haven't yet played one Unity game that actually looked better!

The screenshots from Vaulderie looked amazing along with the new radial disciplines menu, etc...

Well, I was not at all interested in that! Bloodlines should look like Bloodlines with all the gothic playful glory of the HUD and everything. Minimalistic interfaces like PV showed already looked completely out of place in Thief 4 and would do so in any Bloodlines sequel or similar IMHO. Maybe they would fit a cool new sterile modern vampire game, but not a Bloodlines mod!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:59:56 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 10:07:13 pm »
Actually guys, I would like to point out something, even though I'm not a modder.

The main issue of the modding scene is not the limitations of Bloodlines, but how divided you all are.
We've all played Wesp's UPs, Malkav's CE, Zer0's TFN, Burger's CQM, Dheu's companion mod and we'll all play Antitribu if it's ever released. Note, however, that even though most of you share knowledge with each other, you haven't done a single project together. Even though Malkav and Zer0 are both TCE and helping each other all the time, they're still developing 2 separate Bloodlines mods.

I think that should you all combine your knowledge, skills and dedication into one mod, that will be the best and most professional mod ever released. The biggest problem is that you all have your own vision of the game and you won't work out a compromise

Going to a better engine won't change a thing, unless you learn to work together. That's my opinion at least.

In order to team up, however, I think that you'll need a couple of Project Managers and Coordinators, people highly respected in this community, whom you'll trust to carry out the vision of the mod you'll all start with. No modder can make decisions on his own, else fights will start before you even start working together.

I hope you're not offended by this. I'm sure that all of the community will back me up on saying that we feel nothing but pure respect for the hard work and love you've showed to this game and its fans.

The facts remains, however, that nothing will really make the Bloodlines modding scene go to the next level, nothing but all you guys, working together towards a common goal.

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 10:12:34 pm »
The main issue of the modding scene is not the limitations of Bloodlines, but how divided you all are.

I hate to say it but he's right.  :facepalm:

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 10:28:36 pm »
The future of Bloodlines is in your hands, guys. We can't do anything, but support you.

It's up to you!

Offline Raziel

• Fledgling
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 11:10:39 pm »

What I'm saying is that without Project Valudrie, since you can't truly add new content to Bloodlines without 'replacing' things (read swapping models/etc), I'm just trying to remind you that there is little reason to bother with the vanilla game at all given it's serious lack of modding compatibilities (even with the SDK) and any chances and possibility of new content are extremely limiting if not predictable so the best option is to abandon bloodlines to see for what it is.
Get a grip, man  :facepalm:
huehuehue yeeeaaaaahhhh boiiiii

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2015, 12:39:47 am »
This is off topic, but are Raziel and YamiRaziel the same person? Just curious...  :chinscratch:

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2015, 02:04:07 am »
Yes, he is my second personality. I'm the better one though (No, we've not the same person)

Why would two people call themselves with the same name if they're not the same person?
1. We're apparently not very original when creating usernames
2. This exists -

This is actually the beginning of Vampire the Masquerade  :razz:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal