collapse

Author Topic: Camarilla Edition 1.5 released  (Read 9406 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Camarilla Edition 1.5 released
« on: October 30, 2011, 02:06:13 AM »
Camarilla Edition 1.5 is out.
Please keep in mind, that CE must be installed on a clear copy of the original bloodlines game. Do not under any circumstances install over another mod, or any patch, except for the official 1.2 patch, if this is part of your version of the game.

The new features in short are:

- updated to the UP 7.8
- the tutorial can now be done mostly without Jack. Just tell him to make it short, or to leave you alone, and then ask him where you can get blood...
- the e-mail college now replaces the lore books. With the college you can now obtain 3 more xp than you would be able to squeeze out of the books.
- custom music is now available in a lot of places. See the info files in the \clubmusic subfolder for details.
- the blooddolls, and most of the customers in the main clubs have been randomized now, so you don't meet the same people every time you visit a club.
- there are some more sins to confess to Venus, after you dealt with Boris. They are more game related, and if you are lucky, you can even get Venus as a blooddoll.
- the Bertram email quest to get the Nosferatu haven earlier in the game is completely overworked.
- the new hunter quest from the TFN mod is included.

Download CE 1.5 from The Patches Scrolls
Download CE 1.5 from Gamefront
Download CE 1.5 from ModDB

Have fun, and good hunting
-Malkav
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:10:23 PM by Malkav »
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Camarilla Edition 1.5 released
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 01:23:28 PM »

Congratulations! And right on time for the Steam sale too. Maybe you should anounce it over on the Steam boards...

I don't really know about the differences between CE and TFN, but can it be that TFN now is like CE only with completely new clans to play?

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
Cool, you can also host it on P-V. We'll get it on the front page :rock:

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »

Congratulations! And right on time for the Steam sale too. Maybe you should anounce it over on the Steam boards...
Thanks.

I don't really know about the differences between CE and TFN, but can it be that TFN now is like CE only with completely new clans to play?
This quest was a co-production of Zer0 and myself. It was always intended to be put in the next CE release after TFN is out. For other changes, Zer0 and I do have similar ideas, but we have implemented them in different ways. And I'm sure the two mods will drift further apart with new releases... My main ideas at the moment are mostly about randomizing background events. See that you don't always meet the same people in the clubs and on the streets. Things like that. Btw, Werner, I think the obfuscator should only appear after the pc has blown up the warehouse, and stay a bit longer, afterwards. I don't know why the Sabbat should observe the character before he blows up the warehouse. And thanks to Nines, they get off the track again, after the cutscene.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 01:49:42 PM »
This quest was a co-production of Zer0 and myself. It was always intended to be put in the next CE release after TFN is out. For other changes, Zer0 and I do have similar ideas, but we have implemented them in different ways. And I'm sure the two mods will drift further apart with new releases...

Interesting.

Btw, Werner, I think the obfuscator should only appear after the pc has blown up the warehouse, and stay a bit longer, afterwards. I don't know why the Sabbat should observe the character before he blows up the warehouse.

The tutorial shows that the Sabbat already knew about the Camarilla trial, so I have no problem with them observing the player from the start. Also that far into the game chances are slim that anyone looks into that alley again.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »
.... Also that far into the game chances are slim that anyone looks into that alley again.
Unless they are looking for a hunter to sell the torch for a bit of cash :smile:

Offline mr_homn

• Ancillus
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 09:47:04 PM »
looks like 1.6 is out! i was going to make an announcement thread but then i felt like i was stealing malkavs thunder...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:53:58 PM by mr_homn »