collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Camarilla Edition (final version)  (Read 52134 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Camarilla Edition final version
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2016, 01:10:02 pm »
Sorry, I can't really help with the Steam version on account of having no account there.
Installing should be pretty much the same as with disk or gog versions, but to start the mod you have to do something with steam options or launch options or whatever. :chinscratch:

DarkBrujah, you don't have to throw the head. Just hold it in your hand as high as possible and jump up and down in front of the hoop. A lot easier that way. :lolabove:
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »
Installing should be pretty much the same as with disk or gog versions, but to start the mod you have to do something with steam options or launch options or whatever.

To run the CE mod loader edition directly from Steam you just need to append this to the Steam launch options menu: -game CE (or whatever the CE subfolder is called).

Offline The_Knosferatu

• Fledgling
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 01:34:14 am »
lol it seems the steam version was a bad choice  :razz:

DarkBrujah94-my process is simply to uninstall the old version via steam and the folders on my pc (which remain oddly, game and all...) then reinstall it via steam. then i download and unzip the cefinal folder (if the zipped file was not already downloaded) and originally i did wat i normally do. replace the files by sliding em over. this proved foolish as the title was missing and it crashed on new game. tried that several times (assuming i missed something). then went to this forum and was told i needed a subfolder. placed cefinal into the main vampire folder. then was told to change the launch options. did that and noticed that it created two new empty folders. heres where my mistake might come in, assuming i hadnt made one earlier, i deleted them and attempted to run the game. no dice. since that attempt it has not created the folders in the main directory.

Malkav &wesp- I apologize for being difficult. i dont mod games often (usually on consoles lol) and when i do i have a tool that does it for me. my intention isnt to be difficult but i cant seem to wrap my head around the process...

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2016, 05:59:49 pm »
lol it seems the steam version was a bad choice  :razz:

DarkBrujah94-my process is simply to uninstall the old version via steam and the folders on my pc (which remain oddly, game and all...) then reinstall it via steam. then i download and unzip the cefinal folder (if the zipped file was not already downloaded) and originally i did wat i normally do. replace the files by sliding em over. this proved foolish as the title was missing and it crashed on new game. tried that several times (assuming i missed something). then went to this forum and was told i needed a subfolder. placed cefinal into the main vampire folder. then was told to change the launch options. did that and noticed that it created two new empty folders. heres where my mistake might come in, assuming i hadnt made one earlier, i deleted them and attempted to run the game. no dice. since that attempt it has not created the folders in the main directory.

Malkav &wesp- I apologize for being difficult. i dont mod games often (usually on consoles lol) and when i do i have a tool that does it for me. my intention isnt to be difficult but i cant seem to wrap my head around the process...

Ok, so it seems you have followed all the instructions but still no result. Perhaps you're doing something incorrectly or there's some issue with the steam version...Now, I could bore you with endless different ideas but I feel like you are tired of all that crap already. Like I said, a friend had similar issues like you.

My proposition was, buy the game cd OR download a pirated copy. I don't like piracy, but since you already bought the game, it's not THAT bad a choice.My friend couldn't find the cd version so he downloaded it. CE worked like clockwork. Again, I DON'T like or condone piracy, but in this case I think you have had enough headaches over this glitch.
"I do not just survive in the World of Darkness, I thrive in it."

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2016, 06:52:30 pm »
No need to pirate it, Bloodlines is available from GOG without Steam or other DRM!

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2016, 11:25:02 pm »
Oh yeah Wesp's right! I forgot it's on GOG   :facepalm: :rofl: 

The_Knosferatu:  I believe you'll have no issues with any steam-free version  :smile:
"I do not just survive in the World of Darkness, I thrive in it."

Offline The_Knosferatu

• Fledgling
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2016, 02:06:59 am »
Ill try it in the future thanks. currently cant get it as im broke af  :razz: but will in future. seems less headache involved.

Offline Icicle

• Methuselah
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2016, 07:08:51 am »
I bought it in November from GOG for $6... lol

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2017, 09:10:15 am »
After much persuasion by Wesp I have decided to make an installer for the mod loader version. You can find it on ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-camarilla-edition

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2017, 09:38:34 am »
Great! Any news about TFN? Will it join the other great mods too ;)?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2017, 09:40:33 am »
It just has...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2017, 01:13:55 pm »
It just has...

Wonderful. Didn't see your other post. Icicle just asked me about the installer for his Madness Network mod so soon people will be able to run all big Bloodlines mods in parrallel :)!

Offline MadamePhoenica

• Childe Of The Korn
  • Neonate
  • Hello Kitten
    • Drusilla's Lair v3.2
Re: Camarilla Edition (final version)
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2017, 04:53:11 pm »
Since playing CE, I've noticed something, and just seeing if it may have already been sorted. When the changes were made to the Gary poster and Mitnick server log quests, it seems the havenpc vdata file was edited, but the quests_hollywood and experience_table vdata files weren't. Have they been updated since the release of the latest version of CE? If not, I have made updates of my own, and can send them to whoever is looking after the mod if they like.

I'm a relative newbie when it comes to modding, but I've been messing around with the coding for fun to change things in the game like adding emails and subdirs to the in-game computers and scripts to add new quests, and even editing existing textures and creating new PC skins from existing materials. In regards to the latter, I'm using Kerri as a base model for a new PC skin I'm working on, and have hit a small snag. Even though I've successfully edited the required materials and files and have aligned all the necessary folders and such, her ponytail sticks out and won't sit properly  :rofl: what am I missing? No doubt it's probably something simple. Thanks in advance  :rock:

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2017, 03:43:07 pm »
Sorry, I don't maintain the mod any longer. So there won't be any updates.

Offline MadamePhoenica

• Childe Of The Korn
  • Neonate
  • Hello Kitten
    • Drusilla's Lair v3.2
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2017, 04:00:18 pm »
Sorry, I don't maintain the mod any longer. So there won't be any updates.

No worries, was just a thought :thanku:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal