collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Camarilla Edition (final version)  (Read 52227 times)

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
Re: Camarilla Edition final version
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2016, 09:15:19 pm »
Hello everyone!

I recently started playing the CE (final) and I find it amazing! It would help if someone could answer a question or two I got. First, since the CE implements Wesp's UP 8.5 ( Love you Wesp :D ) I can't do quests like "Drug Trip" for example. Are there any mods that can add quests to the CE that don't cause problems? (I haven't added anything yet, just fresh copy of vanilla + final CE)

Second, just to make sure, I can't  update to later patches to get new features (like new maps) , is that correct?

Thank you in advance  :rock:
"I do not just survive in the World of Darkness, I thrive in it."

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2016, 08:35:13 am »
You can't update to new versions of the patch and the only mods you can add without causing trouble are new character skins or new background textures.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline The_Knosferatu

• Fledgling
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2016, 01:34:01 am »
Still no luck getting cefinal to work sadly. this mod is becoming the bane of my existence in its stalwart refusal to play ball XD.
ill try again with another "fresh copy" of the game. I just find it odd cause i know i got an earlier version working and Antitribu worked "fine."
so im assuming i missed several steps OR got a bad download. so ill retry the download as well.

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2016, 06:47:44 am »
You can't update to new versions of the patch and the only mods you can add without causing trouble are new character skins or new background textures.

Wow thanks for the quick reply! If you have more free time, I want to ask 2 more questions:
^^^^^This inventory box (which looks like the one in the beachhouse) is on the bar of the Asylum. I don't think it was there before...What is its purpose?

^^^^^^Wasn't Akeem only in the Final Nights mod? Also, I cannot learn Quietus as a Ventrue. Is it normal?

^^^^^^Not a question, just mentioning how hilarious this is  :rofl:

Thank you in advance  :rock:

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2016, 06:51:37 am »
Still no luck getting cefinal to work sadly. this mod is becoming the bane of my existence in its stalwart refusal to play ball XD.
ill try again with another "fresh copy" of the game. I just find it odd cause i know i got an earlier version working and Antitribu worked "fine."
so im assuming i missed several steps OR got a bad download. so ill retry the download as well.

What issue are you running into? I have some experience having a modded version of VtMB (or 8   :rofl: ) not work properly.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2016, 07:34:37 am »
<snip>
^^^^^This inventory box (which looks like the one in the beachhouse) is on the bar of the Asylum. I don't think it was there before...What is its purpose?
No purpose.

^^^^^^Wasn't Akeem only in the Final Nights mod? Also, I cannot learn Quietus as a Ventrue. Is it normal?
The Akeem quest was built by Zer0 and me, always with the intention to use it in both mods. Noone can learn Quietus here. I just needed another line for the dialog engine.

sorry, can only see the first pic .So, no idea what you're talking about.

Offline The_Knosferatu

• Fledgling
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2016, 09:38:59 am »
DarkBrujah94-where to start lol.

originally the issue was that emails were missing. my assumption was i installed it wrong. asking here confirmed this lol. so i followed malkav's instructions and reinstalled and sadly no real improvement. wesp also tried to help and said i had to change the launch options so i did and it DID load the mod. however. the title is nonexistant (checkerboard) and it crashes on new game.
ironically the game worked fine trhe way i originally installed it. the only issue was the clinic emails. now its like Caine himself refuses to allow me to play the mod  :razz:

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2016, 03:42:34 pm »
<snip>
No purpose.

The Akeem quest was built by Zer0 and me, always with the intention to use it in both mods. Noone can learn Quietus here. I just needed another line for the dialog engine.

sorry, can only see the first pic .So, no idea what you're talking about.

Wow sorry something went wrong when I made the links for the photos, my bad. The second pic is of Akeem before you choose what discipline you want to learn and the last is Milton's severed head in Downtown (following the southland slasher quest) about to get thrown like a basketball :P

In any case, I want to thank you and Zer0 and everyone else involved. Camarilla Edition just rocks! Thank you very very much!  :rock:  :rock:  :rock:

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2016, 03:49:33 pm »
DarkBrujah94-where to start lol.

originally the issue was that emails were missing. my assumption was i installed it wrong. asking here confirmed this lol. so i followed malkav's instructions and reinstalled and sadly no real improvement. wesp also tried to help and said i had to change the launch options so i did and it DID load the mod. however. the title is nonexistant (checkerboard) and it crashes on new game.
ironically the game worked fine trhe way i originally installed it. the only issue was the clinic emails. now its like Caine himself refuses to allow me to play the mod  :razz:

Only Caine himself could do that, I agree  :razz: Ok, I have a couple of ideas...One, when you make a fresh copy of the game, does it have any patches? Any at all? I installed the CE on a 100% vanilla version of the game (it looked horrible in its initial state lol) and my game has been so far flawless (minus a few dropped frames in Hollywood) Second, where did you get the game? (Steam etc)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 04:15:40 pm »
Yep, Milton's head and the basketball hoop are hilarious, and part of the original game.

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2016, 04:26:35 pm »
Yep, Milton's head and the basketball hoop are hilarious, and part of the original game.

Yeah but I never noticed the hoop, because it had the same color as the wall, I think? Was it recoloured at some version of the UP?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2016, 04:37:56 pm »

Yeah but I never noticed the hoop, because it had the same color as the wall, I think? Was it recoloured at some version of the UP?
I don't think so. I don't really recall my very first playthorough (without the patch). But after that, the hoop was always orange as it should be.
Btw, you got the head through the hoop, right? :rofl:

Offline The_Knosferatu

• Fledgling
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 10:51:39 pm »
DarkBrujah94
steam version. as far as i know it only has any official patches from there.

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2016, 12:01:55 am »

I don't think so. I don't really recall my very first playthorough (without the patch). But after that, the hoop was always orange as it should be.
Btw, you got the head through the hoop, right? :rofl:

Oh yeah! Took a few tries, because it kept bouncing on the wall above  :rofl: Totally worth the effort. About the hoop, I probably never noticed it...Made up for lost time on that after ~10 head-in-hoop's   :rofl:

Offline DarkBrujah94

• Fledgling
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2016, 12:16:01 am »
DarkBrujah94
steam version. as far as i know it only has any official patches from there.

Ok, I think the last Official Patch is 1.2, which Camarilla Final Edition SHOULD be OK with.... Like the manual of FCE says :

"CE must be installed on a fresh copy of  the original bloodlines"... "The only exception to this rule is the official 1.2 patch. If this patch is preinstalled in your version of the game , usually in the DVD and downloadable  versions like steam, that doesn't do any harm.If you have the original cd version without the patch, you need not install it"

I got VtMB on cd a long time ago (fun story, if you ask me I'll tell you  :razz: ) so I created a copy of the very first vanilla version of the game, which FCE worked okay with. However, a friend had it on Steam and it was semi broken after installing FCE.

What's your process when creating a fresh Steam copy? Perhaps there's an issue there...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal