collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Broken Toreador model hair  (Read 1889 times)

Offline tappon

• Fledgling
Broken Toreador model hair
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:51:58 pm »
The hair of the Toreador model in Dheu's Alternate Female PC Outfit Pack 1 seems to be broken. This causes it to cast very strange shadows. It looks like Dheu fixed this (stripper3.mdl) at some point but the file is no longer available.

I was curious if anyone had the fixed model or knows how to fix it since this is one of the few female Toreador skins available.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:53:49 pm by tappon »

Offline Michael

• Methuselah
Re: Broken Toreador model hair
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:19:08 pm »
The version from the CompMod site is the latest, so it's probably your game installation that has something wrong. Do you have the UP installed?
You can try to replace the Toreador model with a vanilla one or something else, see if the bug still appears. If it doesn't, the reskin is the culprit. If that's the case and you can't find the fix, then just replace it with another model from the ones that the Pack has. I don't know if there is another source for the fixed version, unfortunately. Maybe someone can post it on PV.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:30:20 pm by Michael »

Offline tappon

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 08:11:03 am »
The model has this problem with both the latest version of the UP and the Companion Mod (which I tried separately after a complete reinstall, no direct UP install involved), with no other modifications made to the installation. Replacing the model with any other Toreador one from a difference source fixes the shadow, so I'm pretty sure it's the model's fault.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:14:34 am by tappon »

Offline Michael

• Methuselah
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 10:09:53 am »
Unless someone uploads the fixed version of the model on PV or another mirror, your only option would be to modify it yourself using the Bloodlines SDK or wait until someone fixes it. I'll try to look into this problem myself and I'll let you know if I can fix it.

Offline DDLullu

• Neonate
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 10:29:56 pm »
If you change 2 values in these VTX files (toreador_female_armor_0.dx80.vtx, toreador_female_armor_0.dx7_2bone.vtx  ) Bloodlines will use only one model from the MDL, the one Dheu modified and the shadow problem will go away.

On the picture we can see the good shadow (left) and the bad (right). In case the picture will not be visible it's pos 20 and pos 44(if you begin at 0 and count the bytes). You change the 07 for a  01. You must do this for all the models(armor_0.armor_1,etc...).

For my part i change only the dx80.vtx file and it works.  You must know how to use an hexeditor of course.

Good luck.

Offline tappon

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 12:35:02 am »
Pretty impressive, that seems to fix it. Thanks! Changing only the dx80.vtx files worked. I haven't tried the later outfits yet but presumably they will work as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal