collapse

Author Topic: Bloodlines SDK  (Read 102912 times)

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: Bloodlines SDK
« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2019, 02:05:38 PM »
One small suggestion for the packfile explorer: the option to open all the vpk archives as one (like all files are extracted in the same folder), just because opening each single one to find one single file is a bit annoying....
I'm planning soon to write totally different tool for unpacking VPKs with more comfortable assets searching.
There's nothing I can do with Packfile Explorer or Vpk tool as their source codes are closed.

Very good news!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #361 on: May 03, 2019, 02:08:43 PM »
Ok, I didn't know of the closed source of those programs :P
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #362 on: May 03, 2019, 02:16:38 PM »
Ok, I didn't know of the closed source of those programs :P
Well, actually I must double click in a prop to open a program where I can see the model...
I'm asking for a tool where you can see a preview. (like looking for a specific photo inside a folder with a thousand)... is crazy

Offline Craz

• Fledgling
« Reply #363 on: May 29, 2019, 12:37:13 AM »
I'd like to mention that Blender 2.42 is causing some weird issues when you try to edit models or view textures, and all these problems go away when using 2.47. May i suggest using 2.47 instead of 2.42 in the SDK?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:40:42 AM by Craz »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #364 on: May 29, 2019, 08:12:40 AM »
I'd like to mention that Blender 2.42 is causing some weird issues when you try to edit models or view textures, and all these problems go away when using 2.47. May i suggest using 2.47 instead of 2.42 in the SDK?

I already suggested this to Psycho-A too, but for now he doesn't want to do this, for whatever reasons...

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #365 on: May 29, 2019, 05:59:24 PM »

I already suggested this to Psycho-A too, but for now he doesn't want to do this, for whatever reasons...

Hmmm... never tried 2.47, but never had an issues with 2.48 if only sculpt something of course.

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2019, 01:17:30 PM »
I'm using 2.49b for editing models, works fine but I hate how snap function works in this version. I wish we could use the script on some newer versions of blender.

Offline Another Wizard

• Fledgling
« Reply #367 on: June 19, 2019, 02:21:49 AM »
I'm using 2.49b for editing models, works fine but I hate how snap function works in this version. I wish we could use the script on some newer versions of blender.
Just edit in Blender 2.79, then export as an older version of .blend. Or use .fbx. And open that in 2.49

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2019, 10:36:40 PM »
Just edit in Blender 2.79, then export as an older version of .blend. Or use .fbx. And open that in 2.49
I'm pretty sure that it would not export properly.

Offline MadamePhoenica

• Childe Of The Korn
  • Neonate
  • Hello Kitten
    • Drusilla's Lair v3.2
« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2019, 09:30:20 AM »
Just thought I'd mention that I was having issues with the version of the SDK included with the latest UP (10.5). I just recently installed the game from my game disks again after having bought myself an external CD/DVD disk drive. When I went to install the SDK as usual after installing the UP, it popped up an error about not being able to find a GameCfg.ini file.

Once I got past that, the SDK was not even able to re-extract the VPKs, saying there were no VPK archives or game content in the locations I selected, and I tried both the "Unofficial_Patch" and "Vampire" folders. However when I downloaded and install the latest version of the SDK, I ran into no issues.

May want to include the latest SDK in the next UP for those playing the game from the CDs.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2019, 12:11:22 PM »
May want to include the latest SDK in the next UP for those playing the game from the CDs.

Hm, I usually just include the SDK version that is available here in the UP. I'll check this out!

P.S.: The UP 10.5 includes the latest SDK, I suspect you forgot to reset it when updating...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 12:18:21 PM by Wesp5 »