collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines SDK  (Read 209768 times)

Offline Psycho-A

• Russian Board Moderator
  • Methuselah
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
Re: Bloodlines SDK
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2011, 12:03:44 pm »
Can EntSpy handle the rare entities that neither VPKTool nor BSPEdit can, like the trash in the parking garage?

It looks like you're right. It's added now. But in any case, for editing the entities contained in "entdata" file of maps, EntSpy will be much more convenient than VPKTool.

p.s. I don't think these tools will be often used, since we have a full map editor and compiler ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nbynrk63vp14e68

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 02:19:58 pm »
It looks like you're right. It's added now. But in any case, for editing the entities contained in "entdata" file of maps, EntSpy will be much more convenient than VPKTool.

The problem is I can't even get it to run because I don't have Java installed on my system. Which is another reason why I will probably not include it with the patch.

I don't think these tools will be often used, since we have a full map editor and compiler ;)

That's great for modding but not necessary for people using my patch and maybe doing a little bit of editing now and then. I tell you what, if you give me permission, I will upload it here to Planet Vampire instead and post it on the main page! I could do this for each new version which has the advantage that you don't need to wait for my next patch version ;)...

Offline Psycho-A

• Russian Board Moderator
  • Methuselah
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 03:05:01 pm »
The problem is I can't even get it to run because I don't have Java installed on my system. Which is another reason why I will probably not include it with the patch.

Java RE installed on most macines, so I don't see the reason to not include Java-apps (which are also BSPSrc and MdlDecompiler - there are not windows-based analogues for this) being as part of SDK, into your next patches. Also, I don't see the problem to install Java - people who downloads 200Mb-patches easily can do this :) In the latest version of build I even added warn message, which appears if Java is not installed, and suggest the ready link for downloading...

I tell you what, if you give me permission, I will upload it here to Planet Vampire instead and post it on the main page! I could do this for each new version which has the advantage that you don't need to wait for my next patch version ;)...
Thanx, and of course I'm agree, 'cause first of all, - it will be useful to all members of the community, not for my ambitions ;) but also need to ask fire64, as a project's leader...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 04:48:59 pm »
Thanx, and of course I'm agree, 'cause first of all, - it will be useful to all members of the community, not for my ambitions ;) but also need to ask fire64, as a project's leader...

Please ask him! As soon as we can figure out how to upload here again, I will try to do it. When the next version of my patch comes out very much latter, I may till consider including the SDK in the state it will be then...

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 04:54:41 pm »
Are you having a problem uploading?

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 10:42:28 pm »
I saw in the admin log someone was trying to upload but failed. I've been tinkering with the htaccess and php.ini files and this evening I believe I now have it set to anything up to 600mb. However Malkav got an error earlier preventing him from uploading more than 100mb. Let me know if there is a problem and what it is so I can address it while I'm home on vacation this week. Thanks!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2011, 07:58:38 am »
I saw in the admin log someone was trying to upload but failed.

Yeah, that was me. I tried to upload the SDK but I didn't succeed. It can't be a size issue, the SDK is only about 10 MB...

Offline Paine

• Neonate
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2011, 10:12:07 am »
I saw in the admin log someone was trying to upload but failed.

Yeah, that was me. I tried to upload the SDK but I didn't succeed. It can't be a size issue, the SDK is only about 10 MB...

This was caused by a 'feature' in the xoops protector module. I have fixed this now and uploading files with multiple dots works again.

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2011, 12:00:34 pm »
Thanks Paine, I was able to upload it. :rock:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2011, 12:37:47 pm »

Great! So what do you think of giving it an extra section like PackExplorer?

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2011, 12:40:39 pm »

Great! So what do you think of giving it an extra section like PackExplorer?

I'll leave that up to you.  I think it's changed in the files module of xoops, in the admin area.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2011, 03:36:37 pm »
I'll leave that up to you.  I think it's changed in the files module of xoops, in the admin area.

I added a new special section for the SDK to Tools, similar to the one for Packfile Explorer, but I didn't touch the later. I also took the liberty to fix several typos and grammatical errors in the SDK description and I added an Expansions section to Mods out of anticipation ;)!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:38:47 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline ninja81

• Fledgling
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2011, 05:51:09 am »
Hi all, this tool seems to be great,  can have a tutorial for this?

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2011, 08:55:30 pm »
Seconded. I'd love to spruce up Hollywood a lot once I know how to do it.
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2011, 03:16:20 am »
Seconded. I'd love to spruce up Hollywood a lot once I know how to do it.

I think burgermeister is the only one who could do a tutorial because he has some experience with creating Source levels. But I guess he is busy putting the last touches on a new big Clan Quest Mod mission right now :)!

Speaking of Hollywood, the next UP will restore two last unused Bloodlines music pieces by Rik Schaffer, one of which could have been used for an latino East Hollywood section. Now this would be something to do...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:21:16 am by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal