collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines SDK  (Read 179331 times)

Offline Psycho-A

• Russian Board Moderator
  • Methuselah
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
Re: Bloodlines SDK
« Reply #435 on: August 17, 2021, 03:35:16 am »
So Crowbar is now able to directly convert models? That should mean a lot less hassle, good work!
Yes! But you still need for character models manually paste a skeleton/animation MDL from the original VtMB model into xmodel/ folder (now it's near your model's .QC!).
For prop models a skeleton model will be searched automatically from %ModDir%/models/.../ or SDKContent/VpkContent/models/.../ if it's found under the original model name.

By the way, were you able to check this topic? :
I started to watch it today, and even found missing contents parameters in BSP compiler! Will see on this week how can I fix them. I guess it's related to broken rain too...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 03:45:34 am by Psycho-A »

Offline thewarsend

• Keeper of Elysium
  • Methuselah
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2021, 10:53:56 am »
Yes! But you still need for character models manually paste a skeleton/animation MDL from the original VtMB model into xmodel/ folder (now it's near your model's .QC!).
For prop models a skeleton model will be searched automatically from %ModDir%/models/.../ or SDKContent/VpkContent/models/.../ if it's found under the original model name.

Still, that's quite a bit of improvement over the original. There was too much back and forth between different tools. So thank you, this should help a lot.

I started to watch it today, and even found missing contents parameters in BSP compiler! Will see on this week how can I fix them. I guess it's related to broken rain too...

I knew you would! :)

My guess would be the same. It has to be related. I just hope it will be enough to fix it.

I remember finding a few more clues, nothing too significant, but I guess I forgot to post them. Let me know if you need someone to test stuff. I should still have some of my test files from when I looked into merging maps.

By the way, you know the hammer bug where it crashes when you look at a certain direction? Do you have any idea what could be causing that?

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #437 on: August 18, 2021, 10:57:05 am »
By the way, you know the hammer bug where it crashes when you look at a certain direction? Do you have any idea what could be causing that?

I know this bug and I have found a way to avoid it, or at least a way, that works for me. The problem appears to be caused by the lightning glow effects (materials/sprites/lightningglow).
If I delete the respective env_sprite entities from the maps, Hammer doesn't crash anymore. The weird thing about it is that at least Wesp couldn't confirm this when I asked him. He worked on the pier map for the UP and didn't seem to have problems with the lightning effects.
I haven't looked deeper into this problem, because I have found my solution to it, but hopefully this information helps when it comes to tracking the bug down.

Edit: Man, I almost forgot to say how much I appreciate the continued support for the Bloodlines SDK. Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 11:01:01 am by Entenschreck »

Offline thewarsend

• Keeper of Elysium
  • Methuselah
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2021, 11:18:33 pm »
I am almost afraid to ask, but any news? :)

Offline paper_boat

• Fledgling
« Reply #439 on: March 21, 2022, 08:11:06 pm »
Hey guys!

I was working on my project and issues came up along the way  :chinscratch:

The Crowbar compiler seems to work just fine as long as my player models's .qc file remains untouched. But when I try to edit my .qc file by putting the eyes data into it (following the instructions from the readme_formatter) I'm getting compilation errors:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Failed to get xModel chunk from QC. This is requirement!
The reference SMD mesh must have 2+ chunks in name [1_2].

The problem is that I'm getting exactly the same error trying to compile "Poison Ivy" player model example.

I even tried to add these lines into Ivy's .qc (idk why):

Spoiler for Hiden:
$bodygroup "girl"
{
    studio "brujahFH_poison_female_Armor_0_REF"
}

And got this:
Spoiler for Hiden:
C:\Program Files\Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines\Vampire/models\character\pc
\female\poisonivy\poisonivy_a3.phy
No dtx80 file search for dtx90 only

U:\win_xp4\virtualXP\ok_vtxb\vtx_to_vtxb.e:56 in function vtxconvert()
type_check failure, <no-name> is 1409286144

... called from U:\win_xp4\virtualXP\ok_vtxb\vtx_to_vtxb.e:372 in function vtx2v
tx80()

... called from U:\win_xp4\virtualXP\ok_vtxb\studioVTMB49j.exw:1

--> See ex.err
Press Enter...

Would appreciate any help/information regarding this issue  :haw:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 04:48:21 pm by paper_boat »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal