collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines SDK  (Read 118630 times)

Offline Corvin

• Fledgling
Re: Bloodlines SDK
« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2020, 02:05:48 pm »

P.S. OH MY GOD, even the forum is bugged! :58_45_83:

Was trying to merge SM hub with pier. Copypasted the pier map directly under the hubpier. Replaced the hubpier (not the beach, not the beachhouse, just the pier itself with all structures on it + Looff Hippodrome) with the actual one, merged the skyboxes and deleted duplicating "0,0" entities like worldevents - the map fully compiled.
Moved the remaining piermap parts upwards (deleting duplicates where needed):
Spoiler for Hiden:
================ Log started [31.05.2020, 15:12:23] =================

GameDir: "E:\Games\Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines\Unofficial_Addon".
BaseDir: "E:\Games\Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines\SDKContent\VpkContent".
MapFile: "e:\games\vampire - the masquerade bloodlines\sdkcontent\mapsrc\examples\sm_hub_1_wip_5_5.vmf".
Deleted old compilation: "sm_hub_1_wip_5_5.prt".

============ Started VBSP compilation [31.05.2020, 15:12:23] =============
Parameters: [Default]

materialPath: E:/Games/Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines/Unofficial_Addon/materials
 Loading e:\games\vampire - the masquerade bloodlines\sdkcontent\mapsrc\examples\sm_hub_1_wip_5_5.vmf
 Parsing compiling options...
 Fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
 Material WATER/INVISIBLE_WATER is depending on itself through materialvar $bottommaterial! Ignoring...
 Material dev/dev_waterbeneath2 is depending on itself through materialvar $bottommaterial! Ignoring...
 Material dev/dev_waterbeneath2 is depending on itself through materialvar $bottommaterial! Ignoring...
  0 . . . 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 5 . . . 6 . . . 7 . . . 8 . . . 9 . . . 10  0 . . . 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 5 . . . 6 . . . 7 . . . 8 . . . 9 . . . 10 Processing areas... done (0)
 Building Faces... done (0)
 Chop Details... done (0)
 Find Visible Detail Sides...
Merged 832 detail faces... done (1)
 Merging details... done (0)
 FixTjuncs...
 PruneNodes...
 SplitSubdividedFaces...
 WriteBSP...
 done (2)
writing e:/games/vampire - the masquerade bloodlines/sdkcontent/mapsrc/examples/sm_hub_1_wip_5_5.prt... FloatPlane: bad normal
Entity -1, Brush 0, Side 0
Texture: Not a Parse error!

================ Log closed [31.05.2020, 15:12:45] =================

What's "Entity -1"?

Searching for brush "Entity 0, Brush 0" pointed me at the devbrushes (as I recreate them and try to recompile, the error reappears and a new Brush 0 shows up) at the stairs between beach and parking ("invisible/clip" and "shadow"). Why do they get number '0'?

I've deleted them and made anew. Now the "Invisible" block before the diner entrance is number 0. The error reappears.

Has anybody had this error before? Are there any answers? Are there any solutions?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 03:00:16 pm by Corvin »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #421 on: May 31, 2020, 02:42:42 pm »
I attached the file in case anyone else encounters issues wants to do some testing with it.
Psycho-A, are you reading this? Can it be included in the SDK?

Also noticed that when I decompile a map using Win10 the BSPSource program hangs and the only way to close it is with task manager.
It does not do this on my system...

Offline Marius217

• Neonate
« Reply #422 on: August 05, 2020, 04:46:01 am »

hello !! [/size]
I have seen some models like the Lasombra 2 that are combined, the hat, the coat and the Character, they are independent of each other. How can I return the PC models in their entirety. since I can only transform the character but I cannot attract even the Hat and the coat.

[/size]
[/size] also when I use VAMPED 92 to export it to Blender.[/size]
Thank you so much ! :rock:
[/size]

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #423 on: August 05, 2020, 11:17:57 am »
hello !!
I have seen some models like the Lasombra 2 that are combined, the hat, the coat and the Character, they are independent of each other. How can I return the PC models in their entirety. since I can only transform the character but I cannot attract even the Hat and the coat.

also when I use VAMPED 92 to export it to Blender.
Thank you so much !   :rock:

As far as I know:
The model you are talking about is one lasombra NPC from antitribu (based on the tremere regent's model). I suspect the modders of Antitribu use some unique/unusual modding tools so no idea on how to help you, sorry
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #424 on: August 22, 2020, 12:03:48 pm »
I don't know what settings may have changed since the last time I was doing this, but:

The context menu "convert to ttz" option no longer works.

For the sake of argument let's say I'm trying to convert gatesign.tga.

Doing it manually via the SDK "Texture Converter" option results in a popup that says "Converting textures failed. Some errors occured during this procedure, see the console window for details. Select other files? [Yes] [No]" The console window says "UNEXPECTED ERROR! File "C:\Windows\Temp\texutils\gatesign.vtf" is missing!"

There is no texutils subdirectory in my Temp folder. I'm not sure if the texture converter suddenly doesn't have the right permissions, or if it's using the wrong folder for some reason.

I tried running the SDK as Administrator instead, just in case it needed admin permissions to create that temp folder, and the process seems to work -- the ttz and tth are created -- but opening them in the ttz viewer says that the file is corrupt and the header is too small.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks!
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #425 on: August 22, 2020, 01:59:32 pm »
Converting textures works fine for me back and forth...

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #426 on: August 23, 2020, 03:03:57 am »
Yeah, I expect it's something that happened on my end, but I can't figure out what that might be.
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #427 on: August 27, 2020, 08:46:55 pm »
I have the same issue. It converts into tga file without any problems, but when I try to convert tga into ttz or vtf it doesn't work.

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #428 on: Today at 12:35:15 am »
FWIW, I seem to have made a successful workaround:
- After downloading 10.7 Final, I reset the SDK.
- I can use the right-click context menu to convert to vtf. That works fine.
- Opening the manual Texture Converter and using it on the vtf file converts successfully.

Still can't use the context menu to create tth/ttz directly, but at least I have a workable method now.
Ian A. A. Watson

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal