collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines SDK  (Read 119200 times)

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
Re: Bloodlines SDK
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2020, 11:25:33 pm »
The bus is type 1, all the decompiler have difficulty with it.  If you want make only a new model and not replace an old one that's ok. But if you want replace a model in game that's a no no.

Use my type0 decompresser, it will make a type 0 mdl and all your trouble will be gone. The program was in the tool\blender in the sdk i try(it was not the last one)

I use the max min hull box for my decrompressor so the model will be in the right place. Try it, it's free.

Wish I knew that before I manually edited everything. Thanks for the advice :)

By the way I have been wondering something in all likelihood only you can answer. Would it be possible to implement "aim down sights" to Bloodlines or would that be impossible?

It would help to further set it apart from HL2.

Here is an example from a CSS mod: "youtube.com/watch?v=SlpiWvQl5rE"

Had you tried to decompile this model with Crowbar tool included in SDK? All models I checked with it, had no this issue. If you did, please point me this model name, I'll try to check myself and see what can I do. However, if it's a local decompiler bug on some kind of models, then for now I can't fix it, and better wait ZeqMacaw who now works on improved VtmB version of Crowbar...

I just tested it again with Limo Sedan and it worked as intended. It was rotated like always but its location was correct. It seems it happens only with some files like DDLullu suggested.

Offline Another Wizard

• Fledgling
« Reply #391 on: February 05, 2020, 04:57:45 am »
I'm wondering, if you guys figure out model decompiling/recompiling in such a way that it will allow us to replace/make new npcs/guns. Will there also be a Blender 2.8 plugin made?

Offline Psycho-A

• Russian Board Moderator
  • Methuselah
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
« Reply #392 on: February 05, 2020, 07:08:48 pm »
The bus is type 1, all the decompiler have difficulty with it.  If you want make only a new model and not replace an old one that's ok. But if you want replace a model in game that's a no no.

Use my type0 decompresser, it will make a type 0 mdl and all your trouble will be gone. The program was in the tool\blender in the sdk i try(it was not the last one)

I use the max min hull box for my decrompressor so the model will be in the right place. Try it, it's free.
ZeqMacaw, if you're reading this and still working on Crowbar-Vtmb, please pay attention on DDLullu's decompressor to get correct mesh coords on models type 1 and 2. Also, my SDK's source code contains clear on-the-fly decompression code in public/studio.h and studio_troika_mdl.* files, so you just could use it to preload type 1 and 2 models to Decompiler and convert to type 0 before decompiling.

I'm wondering, if you guys figure out model decompiling/recompiling in such a way that it will allow us to replace/make new npcs/guns. Will there also be a Blender 2.8 plugin made?
Weapons and NPCs will be possible once the animations will be supported. I really don't know when will it be, as it's hard work for myself alone. SDK for now have Blender 2.4x version plugins. I didn't see v2.8, so can't say something on it now. Maybe later...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:11:48 pm by Psycho-A »

Offline Another Wizard

• Fledgling
« Reply #393 on: February 07, 2020, 12:29:33 am »
Weapons and NPCs will be possible once the animations will be supported. I really don't know when will it be, as it's hard work for myself alone. SDK for now have Blender 2.4x version plugins. I didn't see v2.8, so can't say something on it now. Maybe later...
Would you consider taking paypal donations? I would really like to be able to modify guns/npcs and would be very willing to donate to help out.

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2020, 10:49:01 am »
So Psycho-A, any progress on animation support?

I just tried to compile some models with animation and it crashed as expected.

I wonder how DDLullu does it. I tried asking him but as usual he didn't reply. He didn't see it I guess.

Offline Psycho-A

• Methuselah
« Reply #395 on: February 23, 2020, 04:15:40 pm »
So Psycho-A, any progress on animation support?

I just tried to compile some models with animation and it crashed as expected.

I wonder how DDLullu does it. I tried asking him but as usual he didn't reply. He didn't see it I guess.
Sadly no :(. I'm useless myself here being alone - I was just able to do more comfort on existing modelling functionality.

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2020, 12:42:30 pm »
Sadly no :(. I'm useless myself here being alone - I was just able to do more comfort on existing modelling functionality.

Please don't say that. You are far from useless, you are one of the awesome individuals here on my book.

Animation support is close, I can feel it, we just need to know what kind of voodoo DDLullu does to get it working. Since he did make a few animated models already, which is something I tried and failed many times.

I believe he did try to explain how he does in the last post of this thread:
https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-tech-support/model-request-to-ddlullu-and-others!/

But I couldn't understand what he is saying at all. He is talking about a converter of sorts and adding data into the MDL by hand, but I have no idea how. Either way, if anyone can point you in the right direction with this, I would bet my money on him.

By the way, I have been meaning to ask, would it be possible for you to decompile a C++ dll file? In all likelihood it wont be possible, but we could add new weapons and items in the game if it is was.

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #397 on: February 24, 2020, 03:37:23 pm »
Please don't say that. You are far from useless, you are one of the awesome individuals here on my book.

I say more: he's one of the people who inspired me to translate some fan mods for Bloodlines into Russian and also try myself to modding =)

Psycho-A, this's spoiler for you.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Прости меня за вредность, но...
Если ты читаешь это, пожалуйста, не забудь заглянуть в  личку на форуме и ответить мне. Спасибо!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 04:01:38 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
« Reply #398 on: February 24, 2020, 05:23:15 pm »
I say more: he's one of the people who inspired me to translate some fan mods for Bloodlines into Russian and also try myself to modding =)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Oh look, another awesome individual! :)

I couldn't agree more. :)

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #399 on: March 02, 2020, 08:25:00 pm »

Hey Psycho-A,
I've run into a problem with the SDK. I can compile my new maps just fine, but when the game automatically loads a map after compiling the game gets stuck on the loading screen. Apparently the "server requires authentication" and refuses to load the map completely.
If I disable "@run $game_exe -dev" and start the game myself and use "map bp_example_1" it works fine.
That's a problem, though, because the game won't build cubemaps when I load the map manually.
I'd like to post a a progress update with some screenshots of Prelude 2, but there are weird reflections all over the surfaces without cubemaps.
I'm currently using version 1.72 and I didn't have this issue when I worked on Prelude 1.
The problem occured only after I installed CQM 4.1. I deleted CQM again, but the problem still persists.

Regards!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 08:27:58 pm by Entenschreck »

Offline Psycho-A

• Methuselah
« Reply #400 on: March 04, 2020, 04:43:53 am »

Hey Psycho-A,
I've run into a problem with the SDK. I can compile my new maps just fine, but when the game automatically loads a map after compiling the game gets stuck on the loading screen. Apparently the "server requires authentication" and refuses to load the map completely.
If I disable "@run $game_exe -dev" and start the game myself and use "map bp_example_1" it works fine.
That's a problem, though, because the game won't build cubemaps when I load the map manually.
I'd like to post a a progress update with some screenshots of Prelude 2, but there are weird reflections all over the surfaces without cubemaps.
I'm currently using version 1.72 and I didn't have this issue when I worked on Prelude 1.
The problem occured only after I installed CQM 4.1. I deleted CQM again, but the problem still persists.

Regards!

Hi Entenschreck!

The problem is known, and the reason is the latest Unofficial Patches where Wesp added non-standard model animations improvement. If your mod based on UP, this will be happen. I fixed hanging game in latest SDK versions, so all you need is to download the current SDK version!

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #401 on: March 06, 2020, 03:12:06 pm »
Hi Entenschreck!

The problem is known, and the reason is the latest Unofficial Patches where Wesp added non-standard model animations improvement. If your mod based on UP, this will be happen. I fixed hanging game in latest SDK versions, so all you need is to download the current SDK version!

Oh, I see! That makes sense, because I installed CQM 4.1 along with the latest UP and the latest Version of the SDK at that time. Yes, Bloodlines Prelude is based on the UP.
Thanks for the quick help and thanks for still updating the SDK!

Edit: Downloading 1.93 right now. I'm curious about water textures. Have you been able to make translucent water possible? There's a map on which I'd like to use prop_physics floating downstream in the water, but they're hard to see in non-transparent water, unfortunately. Can anything be done about that?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:28:27 pm by Entenschreck »

Offline Psycho-A

• Methuselah
« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2020, 03:05:17 am »
Edit: Downloading 1.93 right now. I'm curious about water textures. Have you been able to make translucent water possible? There's a map on which I'd like to use prop_physics floating downstream in the water, but they're hard to see in non-transparent water, unfortunately. Can anything be done about that?
Sadly I still don't know how to fix water. It needs reversing lumps structures of original maps, which I'm weak in.
The only way to make transparent water is make func_illusionary brush with translucent non-bumpmapped reflective texture and "TextureScroll" proxy in vmt file to imitate water stream. But it will look cheap. Adding bumpmap will disable translucency. For realism, you can make two or three brush layers with different textures and settings (f.e. water surface and waves) to make such water more realistic.

To make model floating in water you also need to add generic water brush in parallel of ones above. The water from this brush will be invisible on compiling map, but it will have all native water features.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:07:50 am by Psycho-A »

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2020, 08:55:29 am »
Sadly I still don't know how to fix water. It needs reversing lumps structures of original maps, which I'm weak in.
The only way to make transparent water is make func_illusionary brush with translucent non-bumpmapped reflective texture and "TextureScroll" proxy in vmt file to imitate water stream. But it will look cheap. Adding bumpmap will disable translucency. For realism, you can make two or three brush layers with different textures and settings (f.e. water surface and waves) to make such water more realistic.[/l]
Alright, I'll have to cut this feature then. I don't know much about textures and I can't have the water look cheap. Players would have to look at the water stream all the time to navigate the map and I guess cheap looking water would destroy the immersion.
Cutting it is not a huge Problem. It actually makes designing this level much easier.

To make model floating in water you also need to add generic water brush in parallel of ones above. The water from this brush will be invisible on compiling map, but it will have all native water Features.

I know and I've already built a prototype of it a while ago. Basically, I wanted to have a sewer level with severed bodyparts floating in the water guiding players through the tunnels. The problem is that these bodyparts are almost completely submerged in the water most of the time, which makes it hard to get a good look at them when they float past you. Translucent water would've been the solution to this Problem, but oh well… Maybe I can use this idea for a Bloodlines 2 mod someday
  :smile:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:01:37 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #404 on: March 31, 2020, 09:54:32 pm »
Hey Psycho-A,could you make the env_sun entity available in Hammer again, please? Or tell me how to add it to the entity list so I can do it myself? I'm going to need the sun at least once in Bloodlines Prelude 2, possibly even more often.

Also, do you know if there's a way I can make character models appear completely white without reskinning them? I need character models that are as bright as possible. In Hammer you can adjust some color values for each npc_V* entity, but I couldn't get it to work. Am I missing something?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal