collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines SDK  (Read 106930 times)

Offline endthewars

• Neonate
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
Re: Bloodlines SDK
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2020, 11:25:33 PM »
The bus is type 1, all the decompiler have difficulty with it.  If you want make only a new model and not replace an old one that's ok. But if you want replace a model in game that's a no no.

Use my type0 decompresser, it will make a type 0 mdl and all your trouble will be gone. The program was in the tool\blender in the sdk i try(it was not the last one)

I use the max min hull box for my decrompressor so the model will be in the right place. Try it, it's free.

Wish I knew that before I manually edited everything. Thanks for the advice :)

By the way I have been wondering something in all likelihood only you can answer. Would it be possible to implement "aim down sights" to Bloodlines or would that be impossible?

It would help to further set it apart from HL2.

Here is an example from a CSS mod: "youtube.com/watch?v=SlpiWvQl5rE"

Had you tried to decompile this model with Crowbar tool included in SDK? All models I checked with it, had no this issue. If you did, please point me this model name, I'll try to check myself and see what can I do. However, if it's a local decompiler bug on some kind of models, then for now I can't fix it, and better wait ZeqMacaw who now works on improved VtmB version of Crowbar...

I just tested it again with Limo Sedan and it worked as intended. It was rotated like always but its location was correct. It seems it happens only with some files like DDLullu suggested.

Offline Another Wizard

• Fledgling
« Reply #391 on: February 05, 2020, 04:57:45 AM »
I'm wondering, if you guys figure out model decompiling/recompiling in such a way that it will allow us to replace/make new npcs/guns. Will there also be a Blender 2.8 plugin made?

Offline Psycho-A

• Russian Board Moderator
  • Methuselah
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
« Reply #392 on: February 05, 2020, 07:08:48 PM »
The bus is type 1, all the decompiler have difficulty with it.  If you want make only a new model and not replace an old one that's ok. But if you want replace a model in game that's a no no.

Use my type0 decompresser, it will make a type 0 mdl and all your trouble will be gone. The program was in the tool\blender in the sdk i try(it was not the last one)

I use the max min hull box for my decrompressor so the model will be in the right place. Try it, it's free.
ZeqMacaw, if you're reading this and still working on Crowbar-Vtmb, please pay attention on DDLullu's decompressor to get correct mesh coords on models type 1 and 2. Also, my SDK's source code contains clear on-the-fly decompression code in public/studio.h and studio_troika_mdl.* files, so you just could use it to preload type 1 and 2 models to Decompiler and convert to type 0 before decompiling.

I'm wondering, if you guys figure out model decompiling/recompiling in such a way that it will allow us to replace/make new npcs/guns. Will there also be a Blender 2.8 plugin made?
Weapons and NPCs will be possible once the animations will be supported. I really don't know when will it be, as it's hard work for myself alone. SDK for now have Blender 2.4x version plugins. I didn't see v2.8, so can't say something on it now. Maybe later...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:11:48 PM by Psycho-A »

Offline Another Wizard

• Fledgling
« Reply #393 on: February 07, 2020, 12:29:33 AM »
Weapons and NPCs will be possible once the animations will be supported. I really don't know when will it be, as it's hard work for myself alone. SDK for now have Blender 2.4x version plugins. I didn't see v2.8, so can't say something on it now. Maybe later...
Would you consider taking paypal donations? I would really like to be able to modify guns/npcs and would be very willing to donate to help out.

Offline endthewars

• Neonate
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2020, 10:49:01 AM »
So Psycho-A, any progress on animation support?

I just tried to compile some models with animation and it crashed as expected.

I wonder how DDLullu does it. I tried asking him but as usual he didn't reply. He didn't see it I guess.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal