collapse

Author Topic: Bloodlines SDK  (Read 101076 times)

Offline Psycho-A

• Russian Board Moderator
  • Ancillus
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
Re: Bloodlines SDK
« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2019, 07:34:34 PM »
Also, it still doesn't decompile the existing collision physics models.
What do you mean by this? Crowbar decompiles more of the physics meshes than the other tools.
Would you provide an example model file name that Crowbar does not decompile correctly?

Almost all models have .PHY collision mesh. Decompiling such (ANY) model with Crowbar, we're not getting this physics mesh decompiled together with main model, and it's not even getting connected to model inside of generated .QC.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 07:36:46 PM by Psycho-A »

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #346 on: April 11, 2019, 05:25:56 AM »
Update to v1.7.4
- VRad [cr]: Added new command "-bouncescale <n>" to scale bounced/diffuse light rays to get realistic results.
  -- Also tunable for each map using Hammer's "Map Properties" dialog! Default value is 1.0, range is 0.0 - 100.
- Model Viewer [cr]: Disabled registry settings to fix roation bug on MDL re-opening and give small speedup.
- MDL Texture Info: Added GUI opening model mode from the SDK main menu.
- MDL Texture Info: Fixed errors, improved wrong formats' reaction and moved into "Texture Utils/" directory.
- Model Viewer: Default cubemap texture replaced with more reflective one for better texture glossing assessment.
- Added SDK menu link and infos to Photoshop/Paint.NET plugins to help if they weren't auto-installed correctly.
- A minor file structure reogranisations and sdk launcher fix.
- Added source code for creating fixed Vampire.exe to Source code repository.
- Updated Source Code repository (for contributors).

DOWNLOAD (new link)

With this update I was able to add the extra option to map compilers to tweak diffused light on world surfaces. It is light that is bounced from a surface that is illuminated by direct light sources (light, light_spot) and gives ambient lighting to neighbor surfaces like it's happen in a real world. By default, the degree of light bouncing is very low when VRAD compiler is computing lighting, and looks unrealistic. Using -bouncescale # to VRAD.exe in Hammer compiling options, or per-map "Lighting: Bouncing Scale" setting (placed into Hammer's "Map Properties" dialog), we now may adjust bouncing degree to get closer-to-reality diffuse lighting. Just compare these example screenshots with spotlight casting the front wall, where bouncing scale is set to 1.0 (default value), and then changed to 5.0 and 0.0 (disables diffusing at all). As you can see, with value of 5.0, the front wall light reprints more intensively and closer to physical laws of optics. This may help modders to make maps with more beautiful lighting than Troika suggested :).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:40:20 PM by Psycho-A »

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #347 on: April 11, 2019, 05:39:28 PM »
Update to v1.7.5
- Hammer/FGD/VBsp [cr]: Added per-map option "Lighting: Lightmaps Scale" to globally adjust lightmapped shadows.
  -- The option allows to get sharper natural shadows on map without manual adjusting each brush surface!
  -- Available from "Map Properties" dialog and "-luxelscale <n>" command to VBSP.exe, values are 0.0625 - 16.
- VBsp [cr]: Added auto-clamping lightmap/luxel scale values to 1.0 if less (fix memory and performance issues).
- VBsp [cr]: Prevented using map's smoothing_groups to fix possible map load hangings due to VtmB engine limit.
- Updated Source Code repository (for contributors).

DOWNLOAD (new link)

Offline Entenschreck

• Ancillus
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2019, 11:53:43 AM »
That's amazing! Thank you so much for still improving the SDK!
I'm downloading this right away.

EDIT: PV says I'm not allowed to download files? What happened?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 11:55:51 AM by Entenschreck »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2019, 12:17:29 PM »
EDIT: PV says I'm not allowed to download files? What happened?

They are still rebuilding the site, you can find SDK 1.75 on ModDB too, I just uploaded it there!

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2019, 10:04:32 AM »
Who else doesn't have access to new forum download links?

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »

Permissions right now are set for view only until we finish moving everything. Then we'll be enabling users to download, and allow people to be added to a user group to upload.

edit: your account is added to the uploaders user group, but you can't see the download button?

https://forums.planetvampire.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=361
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:33:07 PM by Signothorn »

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »

Permissions right now are set for view only until we finish moving everything. Then we'll be enabling users to download, and allow people to be added to a user group to upload.

edit: your account is added to the uploaders user group, but you can't see the download button?

I can create, download and upload, so it's okay for me, but normal users don't have download access. Thanks for explanation. I just hurried a bit, giving new links, as I didn't know there were issues with access.

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #353 on: April 14, 2019, 11:19:56 PM »

I can create, download and upload, so it's okay for me, but normal users don't have download access. Thanks for explanation. I just hurried a bit, giving new links, as I didn't know there were issues with access.

Since the url doesn't change when we move the files around to sub categories, which I intend to do,  I just enabled downloads for the regular members group. I think skins should be separated by weapons, npc's, pc's, ect

Offline ZeqMacaw

• Fledgling
  • Author of Crowbar (Source-Engine Modding Tool)
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 16, 2019, 01:08:23 AM »
For either link, I still get "You are not allowed to download files".

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #355 on: April 25, 2019, 07:42:25 AM »
Update to v1.8.0
- Added full Blender 2.42 and MDL/.X Import/Export scripts for editing existing game models' vertices and UV:
  -- It's fully ready for use (installing and configuring aren't needed) - just learn how-to in the usage doc!
- Texture Converter: Removed "Convert" context items from TTZ extension to avoid twice converting (use TTHs!).
- Rewritten some SDK control scripts and added workarounds for better Linux/Wine environment compatibility.
- A minor file structure reorganization (remove whole old SDKBinaries/ folder before updating!).
- Changed "Check for Updates" web link due to project's site (Planet-Vampire) reorganization.
- Photoshop, Paint.NET, 3ds Max and Sketchup plugins had separated into new PLUGINS category on SDK menu.
- Updated SDK readme: actualized tools info, work on Wine, model editing and map compiling improvements.

DOWNLOAD (new link)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:47:52 AM by Psycho-A »

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #356 on: April 26, 2019, 07:15:59 AM »
Version 1.8.0 reuloaded due to fixing critical typo in Texture converter not allowing to normally convert images to TTZs!

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #357 on: May 02, 2019, 11:53:55 AM »
Thanks for the update psycho-A.
Just a question, any chance to see the "asset browser" in the tools? I will be very happy.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #358 on: May 02, 2019, 10:47:16 PM »
One small suggestion for the packfile explorer: the option to open all the vpk archives as one (like all files are extracted in the same folder), just because opening each single one to find one single file is a bit annoying....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #359 on: May 03, 2019, 11:51:53 AM »
One small suggestion for the packfile explorer: the option to open all the vpk archives as one (like all files are extracted in the same folder), just because opening each single one to find one single file is a bit annoying....
I'm planning soon to write totally different tool for unpacking VPKs with more comfortable assets searching.
There's nothing I can do with Packfile Explorer or Vpk tool as their source codes are closed.