collapse

Author Topic: Bloodlines SDK  (Read 94355 times)

Offline Psycho-A

• Russian Board Moderator
  • Ancillus
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
Re: Bloodlines SDK
« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2018, 09:59:06 PM »
Hi,
thanks for all the hard work with the SDK! I was wondering if it's possible to access the source of the SDK? I've tried downloading it from https://legacy.planetvampire.com/modules/files/view.php?id=764 but it gives me the SDK without any sources. The reason I'm asking is because I'd be interested in porting it to work on Linux as well as getting some understanding of the different file formats used by vtmb.
Thanks in advance!
Hi and thanks for attention! Link on the source code have been updated now with correct file. Sorry about that, this was just my misstep...

Offline lfxgroove

• Fledgling
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2018, 10:09:07 PM »
Hi,
thanks for all the hard work with the SDK! I was wondering if it's possible to access the source of the SDK? I've tried downloading it from https://legacy.planetvampire.com/modules/files/view.php?id=764 but it gives me the SDK without any sources. The reason I'm asking is because I'd be interested in porting it to work on Linux as well as getting some understanding of the different file formats used by vtmb.
Thanks in advance!
Hi and thanks for attention! Link on the source code have been updated now with correct file. Sorry about that, this was just my misstep...

Thanks, cheers!

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #332 on: September 18, 2018, 09:18:55 PM »
Update to v1.7.1
- Hammer [cr]: Fixed X & Y axis rotation of non-static models (they were also displayed incorrectly as result).
- Hammer/Assets: Fixed info_player_start origin (no more needs to lift) and angles of other editor-specific models.
- Hammer/FGD: In prop_hacking entity removed wrong model from choice list and fixed typo in num of columns.
- StudioMDL Compiler: Added auto-deleting old model files to prevent false positive on compiling.
- Studio Compiler: Improved fields descriptions of Model Decompiler to better reflect its purpose.
- Studio Compiler: Fixed default SDK paths assigning on auto-configuring.
- PackFile Explorer: Fixed default window layout and file list view mode.
- Added procedure to clear empty dumps of materialsrc/ or materials/maps/ inside mod on every SDK launching.
- Added new tool "grepWin" text processor to quickly perform various tasks on text scripts or maps data.
- Added new tool "Character Sheet Animation Injector" by DDLullu to add new animations to game's Character Sheet.
- Added new [Modeling] sections with important info in SDK Readme's Usage notes - please, read carefully!!
- Updated Source Code repository (for contributors).

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:22:50 PM by Psycho-A »

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2018, 12:17:45 PM »
Downloading! :smile:

Offline Another Wizard

• Fledgling
« Reply #334 on: October 03, 2018, 06:40:43 PM »
The SDK is getting more and more complete

I'm wondering what's next on the roadmap for the SDK? Are we closer to being able to import new animated character models/weapons or is that still an impossibility?

Offline ZeqMacaw

• Fledgling
  • Author of Crowbar (Source-Engine Modding Tool)
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2019, 04:59:31 PM »
Psycho-A, have you considered adding Crowbar to the SDK? Last I checked, it decompiles more of the VtMB models (and more accurately) than any other model decompiler, even those in the SDK. I know some of the other Crowbar features are still better handled by SDK tools, but that might change as Crowbar is updated. Crowbar is open source.

I am the Crowbar author and am interested in changing Crowbar to decompile all Source-engine models, including VtMB models. I also want to add unpacking and packing of VtMB VPK files. Crowbar already can unpack all or selected files from other VPK files, and it includes searching within those VPK files, features I have seen requested here. Crowbar's "Set Up Games" and "Compile" tabs should allow easy setup for compiling VtMB models with the SDK's studiomdl.exe.

Crowbar main page: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/CrowbarTool
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/zeqmacaw/
My Discord ID: ZeqMacaw#1516

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2019, 09:51:58 AM »
Update to v1.7.2 - 1.7.3
- Added new context menu option for MDL files to see which materials model use and which ones are missing in mod.
- Texture Converter: Changed conversion format from VTF to TGA if TTH/TTZ files are selected in GUI mode.
- Turned off developer mode for launch game or load maps due to latest UP compatibility issues [Temporary!].
- StudioMDL: Added important usage-limitations notes before launching Model Compiler and compiling process.
- Studio Compiler: Optimized default settings for quick compiling from SMD files and fixed some messages.
- Hammer/FGD: Fixed bad name in ambient_generic parameter and default area Safety type (from Madquerade to Combat).
- Hammer/FGD: Fixed default sound groups for npc_VVampire and npc_VHuman* and added missing monster/ soundgroups.
- Hammer [cr]: Improved "Justify" controls view in Face Edit Sheet tool, disabled Smoothing Groups as not supported.
- Create Mod Wizard: Updated some default mod assets and added templates for each vdata/ script type.
- Create Mod Wizard: Added auto-inserting mod's name into game Settings menu (gameui_english.txt file).
- Improved BSP patcher scripts and added its item to the SDK main menu (run .bats and readmes to learn how to use).
- Added auto-removing kHED editor settings on reset SDK to fix calling the user manual issues.
- Fixed false anti-virus software detections on two tools' InfoBox files.
- Model Viewer: Default cubemap texture replaced with more reflective one for closer-to-game gloss appearance.
- Updated Source Code repository (for contributors).

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:01:18 AM by Psycho-A »

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2019, 09:58:42 AM »
Psycho-A, have you considered adding Crowbar to the SDK? Last I checked, it decompiles more of the VtMB models (and more accurately) than any other model decompiler, even those in the SDK. I know some of the other Crowbar features are still better handled by SDK tools, but that might change as Crowbar is updated. Crowbar is open source.
I'd glad to do it, but it's hard to adapt for easy usage in the SDK, and it have lot of stuff (including Steam-related) which will only confuse VtmB modders. Also, it still doesn't decompile the existing collision physics models. As the Crowbar is open-source, maybe I'll look if I can get rid of all it's unneeded stuff without pain, to easy adapt it for the SDK, but now it's not in my priority.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:00:59 AM by Psycho-A »

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »
I decompiled a lot of models from differents source engine models, and I have to say that there's a problem with crowbar, since bloodlines is an early version of the engine, crowbar allows you to decompile and see the converted models, and you can see those in the hammer map, but when you compile the map it makes it crash

This is annoying, ever more if you're using several models and really don't know witch it making the map crash...

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2019, 10:56:03 PM »
Hi, I'm sure at you know about the infamous "adding US layout" issue with everything related to Source engine. If you haven't heard of it just try to google it.
This problem is really annoying to me, cos I'm working with SDK quiet often these days. I wonder if you can somehow fix it in SDK, bloodlines for example haven't been spot by adding any languages in my settings at all, only SDK does it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:01:21 PM by Jenya »

Offline Javier

• Fledgling
edit models?
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2019, 06:59:39 PM »
 With which Program can I edit models? even something.

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #341 on: March 28, 2019, 09:39:30 PM »
Hi, I'm sure at you know about the infamous "adding US layout" issue with everything related to Source engine. If you haven't heard of it just try to google it.
This problem is really annoying to me, cos I'm working with SDK quiet often these days. I wonder if you can somehow fix it in SDK, bloodlines for example haven't been spot by adding any languages in my settings at all, only SDK does it.
Greetings from VK, I remember you :) Please try this solution. I'm not sure it will help, but why wouldn't try... Paste this string into any text file, save as .bat and then run. If that will help, I could include it into the SDK.
Code: [Select]
reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000409" /f

With which Program can I edit models? even something.
If you need to edit existing game models, like NPCs or weapons, you need Blender import/export plugins from the Unofficial patch.
If you need to create new models or edit static props models, use kHED Editor as the simpliest model editor, and then Model Compiler tool to import model into your mod.
For game models you also need to use Model Decompiler tool first, to make kHED understand model format. Three of them are included into this SDK. But be careful about SDK modelling limitations!

This is annoying, ever more if you're using several models and really don't know witch it making the map crash...
Had you tried to disable the collision model in Hammer before compiling map, or compile model as prop_static?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:44:02 PM by Psycho-A »

Offline Jenya

• Neonate
« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2019, 10:04:45 PM »
Greetings from VK, I remember you :) Please try this solution. I'm not sure it will help, but why wouldn't try... Paste this string into any text file, save as .bat and then run. If that will help, I could include it into the SDK.
Code: [Select]
reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000409" /f

Hi there :)
I've already deleted US layout manually. It work, but it is kinda awkward solution.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:13:21 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2019, 10:10:50 PM »
I've already deleted US layout manually. It work, but it is kinda awkward solution.
I mean, by removing exactly this way, the next time you launch SDK the English layout should never appear. Yeah, maybe it's just a dirty hack, but I haven't source code of the SDK launcher. The only solution can be is to replace the native launcher with an external GUI, but this will get rid of native SDK aesthetics...

Offline ZeqMacaw

• Fledgling
  • Author of Crowbar (Source-Engine Modding Tool)
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 28, 2019, 10:15:55 PM »
Also, it still doesn't decompile the existing collision physics models.

What do you mean by this? Crowbar decompiles more of the physics meshes than the other tools.

Would you provide an example model file name that Crowbar does not decompile correctly?