collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines Prelude  (Read 45299 times)

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
Re: Bloodlines Prelude
« Reply #405 on: June 07, 2020, 10:15:37 pm »
Feedback here is okay, but I wonder why only so few people download the mod in the first place and even less comment on ModDB...

I've the same situation with the Russian translation - everyone downloads it, but few people write about possible typos, suggestions for improving the translation, etc. This situation makes me sad, too. :undecided:

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #406 on: June 08, 2020, 11:35:20 am »
Yes, Wesp, I'm checking the forum quite regularly.
Malkav, please go ahead and report every bug you found.

I guess people simply don't care enough about the mod to tell us about bugs or typos. Most of the people who played Prelude 1 probably have no idea that Prelude 2 is being worked on, so why would they care about the few minutes of gameplay in Prelude 1? Some think Prelude 1 is just meant to be some kind of proof of concept for hunter gameplay.
That might change once we release Prelude 2.

Short update on Prelude 2 for those who are interested: I've got sort of a creative blockade right now. There's only one more level left to build, but it's not just a regular one. It will feature a mechanic that is somewhat similar to a mission in Titanfall 2 called "Effect and Cause". The difference is that you won't be travelling back and forth in time in Prelude 2. The mechanic is used to inflict horror visions on the PC. It can be frustrating to design a level like that at times, because there's so much you could do and so many interesting scenes you could create, but it often doesn't work out in the end due to technical limitations.
I started with a ton of ideas, but had to drop most of them when I tested them. Now I have to walk that fine line between dumbing the level down and still make it interesting enough.
However, the good news is that while I'm currently being of no real use Wesp is making sure that all the other levels are working properly. We're still making progress. Not in full speed, but we're making progress.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #407 on: June 08, 2020, 11:45:02 am »
Well, I didn't reported nothing because I actually didn't find out nothing  :razz:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #408 on: June 08, 2020, 11:52:32 am »
I'm glad to know about your progress in working on Prelude II. If you need more new ideas or something else, let me know. =)

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #409 on: June 08, 2020, 12:24:42 pm »
I'm glad to know about your progress in working on Prelude II. If you need more new ideas or something else, let me know. =)

Sure! I can't promise that these ideas will make it into the mod, but food for thoughts are always welcome!

Well, I didn't reported nothing because I actually didn't find out nothing 

Nice to hear! But feel free to take the mod apart bit by bit. Post your criticism and rant about design choices. I want to hear it. It's flattering to read good reviews, but it's the bad reviews that drive things forward.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #410 on: June 08, 2020, 04:21:38 pm »
I've got quite a list. I'll send it via PM. Mostly technical stuff like the variables that control the dialog links, a few typos but I didn't really look for them...
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
    • Team Camarilla International
« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2020, 08:40:36 am »
Once I get TFN out the door, I'm going to dedicate some time to playing Prelude 1. I'm quite excited because perhaps, a prequel, could be something that because a staple for all of my TFN runs, and my Let's Plays on Youtube.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #412 on: June 09, 2020, 11:31:26 am »
Nice to hear! But feel free to take the mod apart bit by bit. Post your criticism and rant about design choices. I want to hear it. It's flattering to read good reviews, but it's the bad reviews that drive things forward.
There is actually one thing I wanted to discuss....
The main menù. I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean. I bet even without my favourite SweetFX preset I use it still looks too bright. I can't even read the "prelude I" logo most of the time!  :razz:  Try with something most darker and a different logo (after all this is supposed to be the World Of Darkness)
― me

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #413 on: June 09, 2020, 03:02:45 pm »
I bet even without my favourite SweetFX preset I use it still looks too bright.

I don't use SweetFX and I can read the logo at any time even when the bright spot of the skybox is right behind it. What happens when you turn SweetFX off in your game?
I don't want to go for a darker main menu to be honest, because we'll be using a night sky as the background for the main menu in Prelude 2 and I like that contrast.
Perhaps we can do something about the logo? Wesp, what do you think?
The problem here is that I don't know sh*t about textures. I need someone else to take a look at this.

Once I get TFN out the door, I'm going to dedicate some time to playing Prelude 1. I'm quite excited because perhaps, a prequel, could be something that because a staple for all of my TFN runs, and my Let's Plays on Youtube.

Awesome! I hope we've got an alpha build of Prelude 2 ready by that time. It'd actually be super helpful to be able to watch somebody play the mod. Like a QA testing session.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #414 on: June 09, 2020, 05:10:42 pm »
Perhaps we can do something about the logo? Wesp, what do you think?
We could easily change the color of the "Prelude I" part, I went for bright because of the hunter origin. Is there a typical color connected to the Society of Leopold, IanW?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 10:08:01 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #415 on: June 09, 2020, 08:50:38 pm »
My idea is funny but... You can try to make a screenshot the hunters party as against the background of their Monastery in Malibu and process it in a graphic editor, do as made as if it is retro photo.

P.S. I have no problem to logo... maybe you were just waiting for the sun? )
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:01:59 pm by Avadonica »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #416 on: June 09, 2020, 09:30:52 pm »
I was pointing out the fact of a plain white logo on a whiteish background doesn't work well  :razz:
― me

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #417 on: June 17, 2020, 12:17:36 pm »
Well, this is another idea for the main menu. =)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #418 on: June 17, 2020, 12:23:17 pm »
Well, this is another idea for the main menu. =)
Nice! Did you make the map for that scene yourself? But I doubt we will use it, because there is an idea behind the bright cloudy main menu which you will see once that Prelude II is out...

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #419 on: June 17, 2020, 12:30:28 pm »
Yes, thanks! If You need original this map, I'll send you it in PM.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal