collapse

Author Topic: Bloodlines Prelude  (Read 30645 times)

Offline Norrwin

• Fledgling
Re: Bloodlines Prelude
« Reply #315 on: November 22, 2019, 01:30:12 AM »
Also I tried to improve the oil rig locker, but everything I tried yet has failed. Strange enough aiming at the circle usually does the trick!

I think I worked around both the locker door and the bombsite door issues.

For the locker door I used zvtool to move the locker door out away from the main locker body. I moved y from -749 to -748.1 but maybe -748.2 would be safer, I don't know how these things work.

// Changed on 21 Nov 2019
"classname" "item_container_animated"
"angles" "0.0 180.0 0.0"
"model" "models/scenery/misc/lockers/lockerdoor_container.mdl"
"origin" "-156.0 -748.099975586 166.0"
}

I also moved the note as I liked the lighting better and I thought it flowed well but not really important just a matter of taste, photo attached.

"classname" "prop_sign"
"targetname" "passcode_note"
"definition_file" "vdata/signs/bp_oil_rig_passcode_note.txt"
"angles" "90.0 0.0 0.0"
"model" "models/items/LinedPaper/Ground/LinedPaper.mdl"
"origin" "-123.800003052 -727.0 190.0"
}

For the bombsite I moved the trigger away from the door so the bomb does actually need to be placed on the ground further away from the door. Again just a matter of taste if it is acceptable or not. Now if you get too close to the bombsite door the planting icon disappears. There are a few other things to try yet but so far none have worked out.

"model" "*73"
"classname" "trigger_bomb_site"
"origin" "-1520.0 4310.0 -3296.0"
}

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #316 on: November 22, 2019, 09:57:13 AM »
For the locker door I used zvtool to move the locker door out away from the main locker body.

This is problematic for two reasons: 1. players might notice it or get stuck, and 2. this can't be done in Hammer, so anybody changing the map would have to adjust this manually afterwards again and again. But I found the real problem here: the locker model mustn't be solid! So I fixed this with clip boxes around it and now it works perfectly. Also I kept the old note as it is intended to be on the locker of the recipient...

For the bombsite I moved the trigger away from the door so the bomb does actually need to be placed on the ground further away from the door. Again just a matter of taste if it is acceptable or not.

I'll have to check if the distance is reasonable then, but maybe the trick above could be used here as well!
P.S.: The solidity trick did not work, so I moved the trigger a bit away, but not as far as in your version ;).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:44:05 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Norrwin

• Fledgling
« Reply #317 on: November 24, 2019, 07:45:17 PM »
Also I kept the old note as it is intended to be on the locker of the recipient...

I started messing with the note because it looks like it has a texture bug on my machine, it is pure white (the note not the use icon). When I moved it into the shadows it started to appear as yellow with lines and rules again.

The jumping vampire in the final room develops a leg issue after a while on my machine, photo attached.

I can't skip the cutscene after returning from the Oil Rig even though a prompt suggests I can.

P.S.: The solidity trick did not work, so I moved the trigger a bit away, but not as far as in your version ;).

Is there supposed to be a sparkles inspection node for the bombsite? If there is I can't get it to work even with 10 Inspection (original v1 files).

Online argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2019, 08:20:49 AM »
Also I kept the old note as it is intended to be on the locker of the recipient...

I started messing with the note because it looks like it has a texture bug on my machine, it is pure white (the note not the use icon). When I moved it into the shadows it started to appear as yellow with lines and rules again.

The jumping vampire in the final room develops a leg issue after a while on my machine, photo attached.

I can't skip the cutscene after returning from the Oil Rig even though a prompt suggests I can.

Is there supposed to be a sparkles inspection node for the bombsite? If there is I can't get it to work even with 10 Inspection (original v1 files).

I got the same issues. I didn't experiment it in previous versions.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2019, 08:50:04 AM »
I started messing with the note because it looks like it has a texture bug on my machine, it is pure white (the note not the use icon).

I see some details, but maybe I will move it away a bit from the light. Maybe even onto the other side to make this some more fun ;)!

Yes, I know this, but it seems connected to the Celerity he is using and I have no idea on how to fix it...

Hm, this used to work, but does not for me right now too! I'll take a look...

Is there supposed to be a sparkles inspection node for the bombsite?

Oops, it was disabled. Should probably be enabled once you get the Astrolite!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2019, 04:43:36 PM »
I figured out the cutscene skipping problem: it is again caused by the game taking the old config.cfg file from vanilla Bloodlines. To fix it change "+attack" to "+OnPressedAttack" there...

Offline mimic2954

• Fledgling
« Reply #321 on: November 28, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
I enjoyed playing this, thank you for making it. Also I didn't encounter any bugs whatsoever so was great.

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #322 on: November 29, 2019, 04:19:47 PM »
I want will share their small finds (perhaps, all of this already found...):
- I played as female protagonist, but some of my fellow hunters called me as a brother.
- When I spoke to the guy at the hotel, I convinced him to tell me the necessary information, but my character's final line was "I do not have a vaild reply", maybe the dialogue is broken?! (so, after this talking to him, quest-log should was will be updated, but this not happened).
- I was very amused by the situation with a bunch of computers in the initial mission and in the monastery. I wonder is it a bug or something else?!
- I don't know, whether there was at someone a similar situation, but I have periodically floated activation Numina "Holy vizion" zero-level and with a relevant sound active Numina.
When I activated this Numina again, the zero effect disappeared(and 1 point of faith too). Maybe, it is because I'm played the game so a long?!
- In the end, I also ran into a guy in white pants, as written above... M-m-m it is was a cool pants =)

----
And still me very liked amusing tactics against boss on oil rig( I'm  invoked the Redemption, where Christof, too, accounted for fight with similar creatures).

Thank you for this wonderful job!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #323 on: November 29, 2019, 05:54:57 PM »
- I played as female protagonist, but some of my fellow hunters called me as a brother.

Can you remember on which map this has happened?

- When I spoke to the guy at the hotel, I convinced him to tell me the necessary information, but my character's final line was "I do not have a vaild reply", maybe the dialogue is broken?!

Which guy do you mean, producer Jan Openheimer?

- I was very amused by the situation with a bunch of computers in the initial mission and in the monastery. I wonder is it a bug or something else?!

What happened there? Could you be more specific?

- I don't know, whether there was at someone a similar situation, but I have periodically floated activation Numina "Holy vizion" zero-level and with a relevant sound active Numina.

This sounds as if you played an old version or didn't update your key config.

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #324 on: November 29, 2019, 07:05:13 PM »
Can you remember on which map this has happened?

Of course it was on the intro map. I was talking to this guy.

Which guy do you mean, producer Jan Openheimer?

Maybe, so...

What happened there? Could you be more specific?

Yes, I think so this is a Malkavian madness :\

This sounds as if you played an old version or didn't update your key config.

I played the latest version taken from Moddob. Maybe I really need to prescribe something somewhere, I don't know...
But I'll do as you'll say. Thanks!

----
I hope my finds will help you, I quickly examined the dlg files and found male replicas in these files:
bp_soc_4_peter.dlg (guy in the screenshot)
bp_soc_2_hunter1.dlg
bp_soc_2_hunter2.dlg
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:25:41 PM by Avadonica »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #325 on: November 29, 2019, 10:32:36 PM »
Yes, I think so this is a Malkavian madness :\

I still don't see anything wrong with these computers. They are supposed to be used for the laser traps later!

Maybe I really need to prescribe something somewhere, I don't know...

There is a known issue with the Prelude if you don't redefine the keys. The game might then take the vanilla definitions...

I hope my finds will help you, I quickly examined the dlg files and found male replicas in these files.

I fixed all the "bad brothers" ;), and some wrong conditions with Openheimer too. Thanks for the feedback!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:36:24 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2019, 11:31:15 AM »
And here is the update to 1.2: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-prelude

1.2:
----
+ dialogue issues fixed
+ oil rig moved locker note
+ bunker stopped NPCs using door
+ bunker made guard react to violence
+ bunker activated bomb site inspection
+ chateau fixed Numina and elevator effects
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #327 on: December 04, 2019, 07:36:40 PM »
Hello!

If I understand correctly, you didn't not change the dialogues themselves, but only the scripts in Python? (I didn't find any differences in the dlg files...)
I'm still a "Brother" in the eyes of these same hunters... but they'll must called me as a Sister...

-- bp_bunker_hunter2.dlg, 91 lines.
He says about "divine vision" instead of "holy vision." (or should it be like that?)

-- I noticed another interesting effect-after applying Numina "Holy vision"(I mean, when the effect is over), my protagonist becomes transparent if she becomes nearby some hunters...

-- When I opening the door with the lockpicks, my hand looked like this...(in the screenshot)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 07:40:07 PM by Avadonica »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #328 on: December 04, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »
If I understand correctly, you didn't not change the dialogues themselves, but only the scripts in Python?

No, I have changed the dialogues of bp_soc_4_peter, bp_soc_2_hunter1 and bp_soc_2_hunter2. The fixed files should be from the 29.11.2019, but maybe I forgot to move them from the archive to the installation. P.S.: This was the case, I did a quick silent update!

He says about "divine vision" instead of "holy vision." (or should it be like that?)

Good catch, the internal name is divine vision. I fixed this and a similar case for Joyce too!

I noticed another interesting effect-after applying Numina "Holy vision"(I mean, when the effect is over), my protagonist becomes transparent if she becomes nearby some hunters...

Hm, this does not happen on my system. The player model is only translucent during the Numina effect, which is intended and the same as with Auspex.

When I opening the door with the lockpicks, my hand looked like this...(in the screenshot)

That's probably a problem with the human hand models that I can't fix. DLLullu might be able to...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:47:25 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline DDLullu

• Neonate
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2019, 02:48:14 AM »
That's the UV, the texture strech a lot . Try to make the black spot smaller or get rid of it.

When i was making imalia the nossie same thing happened to the black wrist. I have to make it smaller i think.