collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines Prelude  (Read 18915 times)

Offline Basement Dweller

• Fledgling
    • VK
Re: Bloodlines Prelude
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2018, 05:24:43 PM »
What I would really suggest to the modmakers of VTMB - Prelude, is to create a quest or a location in the game, where players could encounter daylight or a day-mission quest and stuff. I think it would be great, as we had practically 0 chances to watch daylight in the original game (apart from that moment in the Ocean House Hotel). Could be some kind of a reference that way. Who agrees/disagrees?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »
What I would really suggest to the modmakers of VTMB - Prelude, is to create a quest or a location in the game, where players could encounter daylight or a day-mission quest and stuff.

Pssst, don't spoil it...

Offline Entenschreck

• Ancillus
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »
Hey guys,

time for a quick update. My job has been keeping me very busy lately so there hasn't been as much progress as I wanted there to be, unfortunately. However, that doesn't mean that there's nothing new to tell.
Bloodlines Prelude will not be released as one big mod. We decided to cut it up into smaller bits, so we can really focus on specific parts. Right now we're working on finishing Part 1, which will end with the embrace of the player character. Still, there's no release date at this point, though. You can never know what life throws at you next.

I attached some screenshots. Some of them show new maps, some of them show maps previously seen here, but updated (e.g. new lighting).
All of these maps will be part of Bloodlines Prelude Part 1.

Edit: That strange creature on the oil rig is going to be a tzimisce creation. Right now it's a model made by Lenusk@ for the Antitribu Mod. All credit for it goes to her. Once all the bugs are taken care of and everything is fully playable, we'll reskin it to look like a tzimisce creation.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:59:58 AM by Entenschreck »

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2018, 01:15:15 PM »
Hey Entenschreck! Is good to see you again!
Also see that prelude is not dead!  :smile:

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2018, 05:09:19 PM »
Entenschreck long time no see. Good work here as always, keep it up.

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
    • Team Camarilla International
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2018, 06:08:13 PM »
Amazing work on this project!! I'm excited to see/play it when it's released. Also, welcome back!

Offline Mamita

• Neonate
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2018, 09:43:04 PM »
Aah man. Two separate parts.
So I guess you gave up on that stat-saving system you were planning for switching races/clans?

Offline Entenschreck

• Ancillus
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2018, 03:10:26 PM »
Thanks for the kind words!

Aah man. Two separate parts.
So I guess you gave up on that stat-saving system you were planning for switching races/clans?

More like three separate parts, maybe even four. That doesn't change anything regarding the story, though, and the stat-saving system will be used even more often now. The system is simple: It just dumps all important data of your current character into a txt file which it can read later on. That means that it can also be used to import characters from Bloodlines Prelude Part 1 into Part 2 and so on.
Splitting the whole mod up into multiple parts provides a lot of benefits especially for me as the primary level designer. I can change recurring maps (e.g. the hub) very easily without making a mess with hundreds of hidden objects that show up in the editor. But more importantly, I can gather feedback from players about the maps I built which helps tremendously with designing the maps for the other parts.

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2018, 04:56:57 PM »
Very interesting system!
Will it be an internal script or some kind of outside of game exe?
I'm interested in knowing the inside of the system, perhaps I can give it a use if you can port all the variables too....

good work!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:14:04 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Entenschreck

• Ancillus
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2018, 06:16:11 PM »
I'm interested in knowing the inside of the system, perhaps I can give it a use if you can port all the variables too....

It's just two python functions and it can be used for variables. I can send it to you if you're interested.

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »

It's just two python functions and it can be used for variables. I can send it to you if you're interested.

You will be very kind.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2018, 07:37:00 AM »
I'd be interested, too. Even if I'm not currently working on a mod of my own.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2018, 11:36:33 AM »
I would also be interested in this.

Offline Mamita

• Neonate
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2018, 11:57:53 PM »
Ahh, why not.
I'll take one too!